Interstate Blood Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

1.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Interstate Blood Bank

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Interstate Blood Bank in January 2017.

Interview

Was told I'd start at $9/hr. Wanted phlebotomy but was told I had to start in HH. Later found out males go straight to phlebotomy with no medical experience. I was paid less, had more education abs experience than my male counterpart making $1.50/hr more than me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for $9/hr and was told I could. After the first check I asked when would I be paid correctly, then the answer turned into "after probationary period" and "once you master the HH and move on to DP". I saw where that was going and never brought it up again.

Short answer: what negotiation?

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

During the Interview they Manager/Assistant Manager explained the Industry to me and what was expected of my position. They then asked me basic interview questions. Once that was completed they explained the benefits Interstate Blood Bank offers and told me what the next steps in the hiring process were.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a conflict with someone in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Plasma Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Blood Bank.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward and uncomplicated. I applied for plasma processor and met directly with the center manager for my interview. I was contacted reasonably quickly to set up an interview, and the interview lasted less than a half hour. I was hired quickly with no additional phone or in person interviews. I would say the whole process took less than two weeks from submitting my resume to receiving a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Which position I wanted to apply for, and why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

Donor Processor/Phlebotomy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interstate Blood Bank (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Sent resume through craigalist. Was called for an interview a couple weeks later. Was given the job a couple weeks after the interview, little to no questions asked. The whole process took 3-4 weeks.

Phlebotomit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Interstate Blood Bank (Saint Joseph, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and quick. I was given an interview just days after filling out an application, the interview didn't last long and consisted of very simple questions related to the specific job applied for. I was hired and started just a few days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very simple. Most questions asked were basic questions concerning previous experience and scheduling requirements.   Answer Question