Intertek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intertek Interview Questions

Interviews at Intertek

2.5

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intertek.

Interview

5-6 stages of interviews with 4 different levels of employees (Internal Auditor, Manager, CAE, and CFO). Very focused on behavioural questions. Due to my location, only 1 in person interview, the rest were via phone.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intertek (Deer Park, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Very welcoming and friendly. Asked about my work experience and job goals. There were a lot of situational type questions rather than specific accounting or finance type questions. The interview was 2:1 and I did not feel overwhelmed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress at work?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intertek.

Interview

It was super relaxed and they hired me on the spot. I went in after receiving an email of their interest and was asked around 4 question pertaining to why I think I’d be a good fit. They explained what they do and the next week or so I was working.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you’d make a good fit with Intertek?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intertek (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a manager. Went well. Then a face to face a week later with the manager and another sales rep, and then a second face to face over a month later. Interviews seemed to go well however, communication in between was lacking and was never contacted despite interviewing over a 2 month period.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2019.

Interview

Initially it involves being contacted by a recruiter and applying online. After satisfying the online application there is a phone interview. If that goes well there is a final on site facility tour and onsite interview.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynwood Center, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intertek (Lynwood Center, WA) in October 2018.

Interview

Step 1 - Online Phone Screening ( Got a call after 3-4 days of applying )
    Step 2 - Talked with Manager/Engineer ( Invited for an on-site interview in Lynwood, WA)
    Step 3 - Onsite Interview lasted 2 hours ( Paid for all travel expenses )
    Step 4 - Verbal email offer received after sending "Thank you Note"
    Step 5 - I followed up next week for a formal letter - no reply
    Step 6 - Followed up again - no reply
    Step 7 - Followed up 3rd time - no reply
    Step 8 - Followed up with a call - got a call back saying - they are not hiring me due to work sponsorship and I do not have enough work experience. I understand the reason but they had my resume ahead of time and my combined experience was similar to the "manager/supervisor" interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• 2 Hour Interview Breakdown

10:00 AM - Scheduled interview time. Reached at 9:45 am - Nobody at front desk.

10:15 AM - Met with a younger manager - typical discussion of past experiences, office visit etc.

10:40 AM - Manager asked me to sit/wait for 20 mins in the conference room - while the other two business development guys get back and we can all go for lunch.

11:15 AM - Manager comes to check on me and say the other guys will be here any minute.

12:00 Noon - Finally the two guys came and we went and had lunch. ( lunch was paid by them)

1:00 PM - Got back from lunch. Done with the interview.

Pros -
      1. Very laid back interview
      2. Only good thing for me was "free trip" to Seattle.
      3. Manager was very relaxed.

Cons -
      1. No follow ups - I followed up 3 times over email and still no email back. Had to finally call. Very unprofessional.
      2. Do not trust verbal offers.
      3. The whole process was nothing but a waste of time.   Answer Question

Chemical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (San Antonio, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a simple process of submitting your application online, intertek emailing you back to schedule an interview for the shift. During the interview, they would ask the candidate a sequence of ten questions before asking you for your questions about their company.
     Eventually, after about 35 minutes, you would be on your way out of the interview. There were no difficult questions or testing completed over your actual skills. It was a very nice and straightforward experience. Once a week had passed, you the interviewee, would have to e-mail or call them if you want to know if you had got the job or not. If not, then your resume would be circulated through their system ready for a similar job in the field. A second interview was requested in my case but for the same job but at a different shift. At this second interview, I was at first, asked a few similar questions as the first one but eventually the interviewer switched gears by evaluating my job history, what the company does and began talking about what responsibilities the job demands. Afterwards, the interviewer took me on a tour around the facility to where the job takes place. It was a rather medium sized laboratory with a lot of busy action. The interviewer talked about what the company needs at the position and what I would be held accountable for. Lastly, the interviewer asked me if I had any questions about the company or work. The interviews were very pleasant and fair I would say.

Global Service Delivery Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (Houston, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Long and slow process, 6 interviews over 4-5 weeks. Poor communication from recruiting staff, never received a final answer, constantly had to probe for next steps. All interviews over Skype or phone. On the flip side, I enjoyed everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from, what is your Nationality?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intertek (San Diego, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about the position and the next day they called to schedule the interview. The interview was with three people from intertek. It was very smooth and friendly. They asked about my past experiences and how comfortable I am with emails. I really enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How to dealt with difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (Houston, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with my manager of the company. The hiring manager asked about my MS project and later he asked about my thesis topic. Later he asked my availability of joining date. Later I had a face to face interview with the whole department. I gave a presentation. The next week they told me I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked about my MS project and later he asked about my thesis topic. Later he asked my availability of joining date.   1 Answer