Intertek Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
André Lacroix

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is only concerned about profit (in 34 reviews)

• Work/Life balance is difficult to achieve working for this company (in 16 reviews)

1. "Consultant"

I worked at Intertek full-time

Pros

Provide customized solutions for customers

Cons

Great company to work for. Real solutions.

"Bad management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Intertek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively good standard benefits for full time employees.
    Will sponsor visa for internationals.

Cons

Very high turnover rate. Employee growth is not considered. Training is minimal. Everyone is overworked. Perpetually low CAPEX. Management is disconnected from regular workers. Upper management is only concerned about profit. HR is very ineffective.

Advice to Management

When your business relies on highly trained and experienced employees, they should be your top priority!

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Intertek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is really nothing good to say. I do not recommend this company even to my enemy. The managment are not qualified. Pressure is over and beyond of what someone can handle. Not a healthy place to work at.

Cons

Low salary, terrible management, constant pressure on engineers, old and broken equipment, no training. Talking about NPS score all the time while glassdoor score is terrible.

Advice to Management

Respect employees, increase salaries, promote based on performance not relationship

4. "Senior emissions lab technician"

Current Employee - Senior Emissions Lab Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Emissions Lab Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Intertek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good wages, good work environment, excellent insurance, various opportunities for overtime,

Cons

Not much room for career progression.

"Backstabbing and Treacherous"

Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Intertek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The fact that you get to work in an international company exposes you to so much

Cons

Management will lie and fabricate false testimonies against you to fire you for being inadequate, especially if you do not "fit their image". Was given tasks designed to add unnecessary stress, and to intentionally fail. No sympathy about my hardship dealing with my total losses from Hurricane Harvey, which severely gimped my ability to work.

Was dismissed 30 days into my probationary period for not being good enough to perform unrealistic tasks, and for fabricated statements made up against me, like saying "I don't know" to a customer. This termination was from a "director" who knew absolutely nothing about me, because he works in another city, so he never even gotten to know me, or examined the work that I carried out.

The politics in this company are corrupt, and they will have no problem sacrificing you without sympathy, and they "feel" like "you don't meet our image"...

Advice to Management

I advise to you to treat your employees with more sympathy and respect, and understand that people can be irrationally treacherous against people they "don't like". Let the work that the employee does testify to their adequacy, and do not just believe the "hearsay" of other management, and/or employees. As management, you serve the employees, so be sure to listen to them, and respect them, do not just throw them out on the basis of what other people say, as they can bear a false testimony against their neighbor...

"Project engineer"

I worked at Intertek full-time

Pros

They have good benefits with starting of 20 days of vacation and additional 5 days if you make it to 5 years but most leave before then. However, this company is a great way to get your feet wet out of college because they throw you into the ocean to see if you could sink or swim. You learn about corporate america really quick and how to play its games. you have the possibility of moving up in the office because there are always people leaving or getting fired.

Cons

You will spend many hours working with no recognition. you constantly get belittled by the management, your project reviewer, sales people, and customers. so the only thing to do to try to please them is work longer to try to finish everything quicker. Management is never happy with the billing numbers and always pushes for more to make it seem that all they care about is revenue which shows in the quality of work.

Advice to Management

slow down and try to focus on the customer and Intertek employee. listen to employees and try to implement new ideas rather than getting a bigger hammer.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Intertek full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary with world wide locations. The smaller sub-divisions are very much community oriented.

Cons

As a global company there is very little inter company communication and direction. There are also a great deal of policies and processes that are simple metric driven and offer no real purpose.

"No"

Pros

-benefits
    this is about it

Cons

-lacks diversity
    -lacks diversity in upper management
    -divided company per building
    -low morale
    - low incentives
    -micromanaging
    -low pay
    - warehouse environment

"Louse Company"

I have been working at Intertek full-time

Pros

Benefits is the only thing good about this company

Cons

No advancement
    No pay if office closes for weather
    No raises other that 2%
    Its all about how much money managers can make for thenselves

Advice to Management

Change your way of doing business
    Change the way you treat your employees
    Pay your employees what they are worth
    Acknowledge your employees degrees and pay them for the experience and education.
    Pay your employees when offices are closed due to weather that is out of our control instead of making them use vacation or no pay. We have families too!

"Mahogany row must be nice. Welcome to InterMESS"

Former Employee - Engineer in Cortland, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cortland, NY

I worked at Intertek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you hit the Jug regularly enough your sure to find your 'in' with upper management.

Cons

Upper management is a cesspool of non-existant morals and the most stupid approach with how to make business grow. Hard work is under appreciated and the training program is non-existant. Hours outside of office are not recognized and 20+ hour shifts are not appreciated. Upper management is extremely biased and deals with issues in unprofessional manner. Not a job for people who want to do good quality work as they only ask for more. Save yourself the mental anguish and avoid this company if you are a person who wants to do things right, it's not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your grunt workers. Try working some jobs that earn some money to appreciate what your workers go through on a day to day basis and learn what it takes to earn that bottom line.