Intrexon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intrexon Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intrexon (Germantown, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard process. I had two phone interviews, and then got an offer to fly out to interview in person. The interview took a couple hours while I met with and interviewed with several people in the group the position was in. Very relaxed and friendly.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intrexon (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was applying for the Human Therapeutics Division. I met with 12 people over the course of 4 hours. It was very tedious (long process) but the questions were pretty standard. They clearly set out the expectations for the role and the interview gave a good glimpse of what working with the people would be like. No tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume.   1 Answer

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intrexon (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I first interviewed for Intrexon in March 2015 for a position of Senior Bioinformatics Scientist. Had a phone interview with hiring manager. Was brought onsite in the SSF office for a marathon interview from 10 am to 5 pm with people ranging from scientists, to VPs to IT staff.
    Had a follow up interview with another scientist based in San Diego few days later. Was not selected but was also not informed of the decision. Had to follow up twice with the hiring manager to learn I wasn't selected.
    I reapplied in September 2015 for Bioinformatics Scientist position. Had a phone interview with hiring manager in October 2015. Brought onsite for interview on November 2015. Had another onsite interview the same month and was offered the position of Applications Specialist in the IT group in December 2015. I was let go in September 2016. This pretty much sums up the nature of the company that even after interviewing me 6 different times, they still couldn't make up their mind to keep me.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to elaborate on my past experiences based on the stuff I listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intrexon (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I was invited for an on site interview with 9 people over a few hours. People were very nice, especially the superiors, and grouped into smaller groups. They asked mostly standard questions, lots of "walk me through your resume", "tell me about your current project".

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that is not on your resume that we should know about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrexon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online, and got an email asking for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. Phone interview was very easy and enjoyable because the interviewer mostly cared about science, and that is something I love to talk about. A week later, I got invited for the on-site interview, which went extremely well as well. I gave a research talk, and had several 1:1 interviews. Everyone I talked to really cared about science, and was very enthusiastic about discussing the project with me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would improve this or that, but I researched the project beforehand and was prepared.   Answer Question

Lead, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intrexon (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a call with TA executive. Call was very constructive and very engaging. Had a follow-up call with hiring manager. Very positive call with a honest interest in getting to know me. The call last for about 1-hour and I was given clear understanding of the next steps and timeline.

Interview Questions

• How I came to know about the position and why I was interested in the company.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Interview

I applied to a recruiter. I got a call from the hiring manager and a week later from two other researchers from the team. I was called in to an Interview a week later and met with 7 other people in the team and gave a short presentation.

I was offered a position, but it was in a different location than what I had asked for so declined it.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intrexon (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I got interviewed by everyone in the group that I was applying for and some other higher ups. Everyone was friendly and informative. They were knowledgeable in their field and answered my questions. Company is smaller than I am use to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intrexon (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

A couple one-on-one interviews of 30-60 minutes, followed by a 60-minute lunchtime job talk, then several more one-on-one interviews. I think I met with eight people in total. It took all day.

The questions were good, but in the end the offer was low-ish and moreover they wouldn't give an inch on anything. Very, very mid-90s corporate culture when it comes to the HR department. They just didn't believe me when I said pay should be higher and 15 days vacation + sick leave is low for the Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• The usual, "tell me about a time you disagreed with your superior", some more specific technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Intrexon (Blacksburg, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

Lasted about 6 hours. Gave you a good feel for the people and company atmosphere. I interviewed with roughly a dozen people, one was the founder and CEO whom I found to be a genuine and engaging person.