Invensys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Invensys (Lake Forest, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was an intern at Invensys. I was set up for a technical phone interview and then an on-site group interview. Both interviews covered a few technical questions and asked about some projects I had put on my resume. Each only lasted about an hour.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Invensys in May 2014.

Interview

Three stage interview starting with phone then with human resources and last with engineering team. The first two parts are simply to get to now how you would fit into the company. The last part is a panel with some technical questions.

Lab Technician Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foxborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Invensys (Foxborough, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Got a call from a HR representative; Called them back, and set up an interview later that week. I was given the name and job positions of my interviewers, but not the particular faucility i needed to be at. There are several invensys owned facilities in Foxborough, so try to arrive early and figure out which one you need to go to.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail what you would do to convert a Cyclohexene-ol   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got an informal offer by phone. Don't try too hard to negotiate your pay - you're probably still an intern after all. You can try to sneak in an extra 2$/hr and justify that you'll need the extra money for gas though.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Process was good but a bit lenghty. Started with a phone interview with an overseas manager, then local interviews with a total of six or seven people at their facility. Online application process was a bit difficult due to their online system. It took a couple of tries to Get it right. Took over a month to get a reply and eventually an interview.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Invensys.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR with some generic questions about my current and previous jobs on my resume. Things like work shifts, commute, and some items on my resume. Then an in person interview with the hiring manager to determine my experience and ability for their specific need. A lot of questions about what I felt i Could do rather than what i had done before. Got the offer next day.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you an assignment to write a book by tomorrow what would you do?   1 Answer

Interview

Short and sweet. Quick to contact, quick to interview. Phone interview, in person interview with team members. Offered made, I rejected, they came back with offer, I rejected, came back with an offer and I reluctantly accepted.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Invensys (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Excellent. Met the hiring manager at a Hotel near the ATL airport. Only interview was a one-on-one with hiring manager. Discuss experience and company goals. Scheduled interview time was 2 hrs. - lasted 3 hrs. Talking about family, jobs, life in general.

Interview Questions

• What was most challenging position and most difficult personal moment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

On advice from associates, rejected initial offer and countered with a 25% increase. Counter offer presented a 20% increase which was acceptable.

Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foxboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Invensys (Foxboro, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

The process took about three months. There were two interviews and a fairly easy test. The interviews were lengthy, detailed-oriented, and involved multiple people. Everyone was friendly and courteous, but the company clearly takes great care to ensure that they are getting someone who will be able to do the job and be a good fit with existing staff.

I had no interaction with HR until the offer was being prepared. Invensys HR uses multiple online systems to collect various types of information from applicants and new employees, for recruiting/application, background check, and onboarding. These systems don't share information between them, so you have to enter the same information again and again into the different systems. It is very time-consuming and somewhat irritating, but not unusual.

Interview Questions

• There were many pointed questions about minor details in my resume. It is not unusual for interviewers to want to discuss the resume, but I believe some of the intention was to determine whether or not I would try to bluff or pretend to be an expert on something that I had worked with only briefly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't discuss salary until after the interviewing process, but they insisted that I name a figure first. I strongly recommend reviewing the benefits, healthcare premiums, time off, etc. to get a more complete picture of your compensation before you decide how much to ask for.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foxboro, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Invensys (Foxboro, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with the manager.
    Final interview was in person with management and peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

strong offer given up front, no need for negotiation. Share expectations up front with recruiter

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Invensys (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume in the career fair at UCSD and after a month got a call from a recruiter and I was invited for in person interview. It was a panel interview with a manager, a project engineer and two senior engineer. They asked some typical behavioral questions and some detail about my resume.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you were so curious about something. What did you do?   Answer Question