Invensys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Invensys

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Invensys (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. they asked about academic curriculum and extracurricular activities. Mainly behaviorial

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got sent an offer through email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Invensys (Irvine, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Nothing specific to report

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Invensys (Lake Forest, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was an intern at Invensys. I was set up for a technical phone interview and then an on-site group interview. Both interviews covered a few technical questions and asked about some projects I had put on my resume. Each only lasted about an hour.

Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foxboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Invensys (Foxboro, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

The process took about three months. There were two interviews and a fairly easy test. The interviews were lengthy, detailed-oriented, and involved multiple people. Everyone was friendly and courteous, but the company clearly takes great care to ensure that they are getting someone who will be able to do the job and be a good fit with existing staff.

I had no interaction with HR until the offer was being prepared. Invensys HR uses multiple online systems to collect various types of information from applicants and new employees, for recruiting/application, background check, and onboarding. These systems don't share information between them, so you have to enter the same information again and again into the different systems. It is very time-consuming and somewhat irritating, but not unusual.

Interview Questions

• There were many pointed questions about minor details in my resume. It is not unusual for interviewers to want to discuss the resume, but I believe some of the intention was to determine whether or not I would try to bluff or pretend to be an expert on something that I had worked with only briefly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't discuss salary until after the interviewing process, but they insisted that I name a figure first. I strongly recommend reviewing the benefits, healthcare premiums, time off, etc. to get a more complete picture of your compensation before you decide how much to ask for.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Process was good but a bit lenghty. Started with a phone interview with an overseas manager, then local interviews with a total of six or seven people at their facility. Online application process was a bit difficult due to their online system. It took a couple of tries to Get it right. Took over a month to get a reply and eventually an interview.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Invensys (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very respectable, although behind in the time for the interviews once inside there were 2 gentlemen that I spoke with who were very knowledgeable and outgoing. They were easy to talk to and understood that I was a college graduate with little to no experience yet challenged my knowledge with detail hardware and software programming questions

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Another Job Offer closer to me

Senior Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Invensys (Webster, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

A friend of mine asked if I was interested in working for his company and I told him that it could not hurt to talk about it. I applied online and received a phone call to set up the interview. I was emailed some paperwork to fill out ahead of time and I showed up 10 minutes early. I talked to 5 different people over the next 3 1/2 hours. Everyone was very nice, but two of them were very detailed in their questions.

Interview Questions

• To draw out an RS logic block in Ladder Logic form.   1 Answer

I am very happy with my current job and I was not offered enough to make a jump. I was looking for a 25% increase, and was offered a 17%. Also, my current job is 8 miles from home and the new one would be about 35 miles away.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Invensys in May 2014.

Interview

Three stage interview starting with phone then with human resources and last with engineering team. The first two parts are simply to get to now how you would fit into the company. The last part is a panel with some technical questions.

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Invensys (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume in the career fair at UCSD and after a month got a call from a recruiter and I was invited for in person interview. It was a panel interview with a manager, a project engineer and two senior engineer. They asked some typical behavioral questions and some detail about my resume.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you were so curious about something. What did you do?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Invensys.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR with some generic questions about my current and previous jobs on my resume. Things like work shifts, commute, and some items on my resume. Then an in person interview with the hiring manager to determine my experience and ability for their specific need. A lot of questions about what I felt i Could do rather than what i had done before. Got the offer next day.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you an assignment to write a book by tomorrow what would you do?   1 Answer