Inverness Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

3.1

SFL-TAP Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inverness Technologies (Tacoma, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted about one hour and they asked various questions about my background and my knowledge of the military transition process. I am retired military, so I was very familiar with the whole process. The questions were straightforward designed to see if I was qualified. I am a CFP Candidate and this job is eligible for meeting CFP experience requirements according to the experts at the CFP Board. They asked a few scenario questions based on likely to occur events in the course of the job to see how I would respond.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a separating military member who did not want to go through the mandatory transition courses?   Answer Question

SFL-TAP Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Sill, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inverness Technologies (Fort Sill, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was very uncomfortable. I am sure I had more education than the panel interviewing me. I am not prior military. The panel seemed to be prior military. Some of the questions included how does your education benefit you?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Inverness Technologies.

Interview

Interview process was completely virtual: by phone, through Skype, and email. Since the position is teaching others how to job search, even more emphasis was placed on the skills of candidates, especially communication skills and professional introduction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself using your Professional Introduction.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Bliss, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inverness Technologies (Fort Bliss, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a phone call with basic questions. If you already know the military lifestyle that's 90% of what they want. I was offered the position right after the "interview"

Training Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inverness Technologies (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

There were a serious of interviews. 2 phone interviews and one VTC interview with a presentation requirement. There was also a discussion via phone with the HR department to discuss compensation.

TAP Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inverness Technologies (Annandale, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application. I next had a conference phone call interview with two hiring managers. This was followed by in person interview. I was given a presentation topic to research, prepare, and give during the personal interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial contact via email, followed by screening phone interview by recruiter. Face to face interview scheduled with regional manager and a couple of observers. Asked to demonstrate a brief presentation based on curriculum.

Interview Questions

• Hitch with the practical presentation technology required ability to present in difficult circumstance.   Answer Question

Military to Civilian Transition Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inverness Technologies (Falls Church, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

After two phone interviews, I was asked to come in and give a presentation from the DOL Workshop material.

Interview Questions

• Having to give a presentation to only one person (vs. a room full of people)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected so I accepted the offer

DOL Employment Workshop Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inverness Technologies (Annandale, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a 15 minute presentation on veteran unemployment with Face-time.The prime goal of the interview was testing my ability to utilize and coordinate PPT and material I was familiar with, providing an interesting presentation with the proper material. The DOLEW workshops are strictly controlled on content, exercises and workbook basics. The interviewer want to make sure that I could present, meet the requirements, but make it interesting.

Interview Questions

• Why you were interested in presenting DOLEW   1 Answer

TAP Facilitator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inverness Technologies.

Interview

There were 3 total interviews in the process. The first was about a 30 minute phone interview. This was more like a screening process. A few general questions were asked regarding my interest in the company and job, and specific questions about my resume. The second interview lasted about an hour. It was the same person I spoke to the first time, and also by phone. The third interview was a demonstration interview. I was asked to create a power point and deliver the power point information to a panel. The "panel" was also over the phone, but one person was present at the interview who set everything up.

Interview Questions

• I was asked common questions such as what are some of my greatest strengths. Another question was what is a challenge that you have overcome. An important question was what are the different types or formats of resumes. Several times I was asked how much money I wanted to make at this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. I accepted the price and benefits that they offered. I really don't know how flexible they would be to negotiate.