Investment Real Estate Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Investment Real Estate Associates

Investment Real Estate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investment Real Estate Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a meeting with the President of the company after a brief phone interview to go over my background. During the interview, I discovered that working as an associate with IREA requires the candidate to go through training (unpaid) and begin working (commission only) for as long as 6 months before reasonably expecting an income. When the interviewer began telling stories of young associates sleeping on couches of friends in order to work at the company before going on to make millions selling investment real estate, I had heard enough.

Interview Questions

• How much "staying power" do you have?   1 Answer
    • What other options are you looking at?   1 Answer

There is no base salary and a required, full-time training period that is also unpaid. Clearly they do not take potential employees, nor themselves very seriously.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investment Real Estate Associates (Encino, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

First, I applied online. Then I went to a recruiting presentation and listened to a senior vice president speak about the company. Next, was called for an interview. Arrived at the interview and was interviewed by the hiring manager, president of the company and a senior vp with whom I would work if hired. I was hired on spot, however; this is not common from what I am told. Usually, prospective hires are given time to think over the commitment needed for this type of job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is a 100% commission position.