Islands Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Islands Restaurants Interview Questions

Interviews at Islands Restaurants

2.0

Host/Busser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Islands Restaurants.

Interview

Apply online. You receive a call if they are interested in you. Basic in person interview. I was hired the same day, a couple hours after the interview took place.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Islands?   1 Answer

Host/Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Islands Restaurants (Honolulu, HI) in August 2019.

Interview

Brief, Straightforward and directed towards restaurant experience and expectation for the job. They also explained the amount of traffic that comes into the restaurant at the mall and dealing with tourist from foreign countries.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Islands Restaurants.

Interview

Straight forward, easy interview process. Managers and staff are all very friendly and take the time to get to know each applicant. The interview process was with one of the store trainers followed by the store GM.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Islands Restaurants (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I had SUCH a good interview here. The guy that interviewed me, he was young and our personalities clicked. There was a lot of laughing and smiling and he seemed to like me. This was just earlier this week

Busser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Islands Restaurants.

Interview

I interviewed for a position as a busser. They sat me down and asked about my previous experience in the restaurant industry. I was also asked about my ability to multi-task and handle difficult customers.
    Overall easy interview and non-intimidating.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to multi-task and handle difficult customers.   2 Answers

Food Server Interview

Interview

Talk to employees and management about your skills and willingness to learn. Generally they want someone who will work hard and have energy. It's a friendly environment to work in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had an issue with a guest? How was it handled?   Answer Question

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Islands Restaurants (Irvine, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Both professional and very comfortable. At all times I felt at ease and was provided with answers to all my questions. Each of the hiring managers I met with were very inspired with the company and made my desire to work with the company so much stronger.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Islands Restaurants (Irvine, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Had to drive an hour and a half for my interview at their corporate office. Interviewer seemed uprepared and not interested from the beginning. He asked some close-ended questions and many repetitive questions. At one point I really didn't understand what he was asking and he seemed annoyed that I was asking clarifying questions? I would reccommend to this company to invest in interview training. I didn't recieve an offer, but would have decline an offer based upon my experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you manage labor effectively? How?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Islands Restaurants (Canoga Park, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Informal interview with manager. Mostly just stared at my resume and did not talk to me much. Left me at a table for about 20 minutes when he went to print my resume online.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Islands Restaurants.

Interview

Very smooth process. Was contacted by a recruiter then set up with a in person interview with recruiter. Very casual interview to just get to know you and if you are the right fight. Second interview with a regional manager very casual as well.