JAKKS Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.1

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

It was very straight forward and quick, I met with the director and supervisor. Mostly it was about showcasing your portfolio, talk about your design process and if you were familiar with the brand.

Interview Questions

Interview

they needed help immediately so it was quick, a portfolio review with a few people and they brought me in. It was during a crunch time so it was a pretty straightforward process.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I was recommended by a friend/former coworker that was working there.
    I was called in for an interview. I was not allowed to park in guest parking and had to park on the street.

Once we found a room that we could use, the interview was fairly short and average. The company was made to sound fun and innovative. I later found out that that is not actually the case.
    I was made an offer about 2-3 weeks later. The offer was lower than what I asked for and the title was lower than my previous.

It took over a month for HR to formally contact me. Apparently my paperwork got lost and someone went on vacation. Ha, I guess I should have paid attention to the red flags.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic, but they should ask all designers if they are comfortable working with power tools.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They would't budge on the lowball pay.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific.

Interview

Slow to interview. No procedures in place. Very unprofessional. Kept calling and apologizing for cancelling interviews. Long waiting periods at interview. Unless you haven't any other options for employment, I would not interview with them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was fairly simlple, went over my resume, we spoke about the position, the responsibilities, spoke about the company and what the company does, what department and how the departments differ.

Junior Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific.

Interview

It was hard to get the interview but after coming in and talking to people I got it. The interview its self was not that bad, they were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How do you contribute in the work environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me more than what I asked for.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary. If your portfolio speaks for itself, it's not that difficult. Interviewed with VP of creative and a couple of directors. Everyone was very pleasant. It's a very busy place, so you have to demonstrate energy, confidence and get it done attitude.
    It helps if you have experience with licensor approval process, communicating with Hong Kong, photo shoots and packaging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was fair. Did not negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very detailed and time consuming. HR members were very interested in knowing my strengths and weaknesses. I received a phone call shortly after applying followed by a panel interview.

Location

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

Casual and inviting. Received a phone call and then set up an interview. Came in and met with the two art directors and proceeded to show them my portfolio. Both were very upfront with information and knowledgeable of what lines I could be working on, gave compliments, and showed me around the building and departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your strategy for handling tight deadlines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Packaging Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JAKKS Pacific (Malibu, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

2 interviews, seems nobody care about what you needs, just what they can less and get more, said 5% raise and 5% bonus, but never fulfilled. Talent people just left to a better job, and stay with brown nosed or can't find the job at the moment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiations