JLG Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 31, 2017

2.4

Parts Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McConnellsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries (McConnellsburg, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through HRU Inc to JLG Industries. Their HR looked at the resume and selected my resume to continue. Then the hiring managers looked at my resume and submitted an interview date to HRU for me to accept. I had to do a background check and a drug screening which took about 2 weeks to come back. There was a descrepency in my background check and my drug screening which I was able to confirm on both and passed both. My interview was in the conference room with 3 of the available managers. They seemed concerned that I had been in such a hands on and active job, that I may not be comfortable sitting at a desk answering phones. I reassured them that as long as I have the freedom to get up to get a drink and go to the restroom, I would be great. In fact, it is a very relaxed atmosphere and they encourage healthy behavior to include getting up to stretch your legs from time to time as long as it does not prevent you from getting your work done.

Interview Questions

• I see you have had several jobs in your recent past, can you tell me more about that?   1 Answer
    • In a customer support call center, how do you handle angry customers?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to read parts and wiring diagrams?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Screen, on-site visit, offer given, offer rescinded for no reason at all.
    JLG is a narcissistic company who harasses their perspective employees to be in constant communication with them about every tiny aspect of the pre-employment process. If you fail to meet their every tiny demand, they will rescind the offer as fast as they gave it. It's like having a jealous partner who spies on you and has to know every little thing you do.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Shippensburg, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

When I first applied for JLG i went through a temp. service called Kelly Services. From there i applied online through there website. Once they got my application they called me and told me that i was being hired to jlg as a temp. and to come in and fill out my paper work as well to go through the guidlines of working there. I didnt really have to go through through an interview they had given me the job on the spot after looking over my resume. After working through kelly services for 4 months they hired me on through JLG and i was an employee there and not a temp.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Hagerstown, MD).

Interview

I applied through their website , hr contacted me a few days after . The phone screening was very simple and straight forward . I then met their engineering team . Nothing out of the ordinary .

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Shippensburg, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First contact was phone screen with a JLG company recruiter in Hagerstown MD. I was scheduled for an onsite interview two weeks following the phone screen. The onsite interview consisted of a plant tour, a brief visit with an HR rep. to cover benefits and a panel interview with the Plant Manager and five other people. They each took turns asking very basic questions. I turned some of the interview back on them by asking them culture and process questions. I was able to turn it into a discussion instead of them firing questions at me.
    This was my third time interviewing with JLG. I think I am through with this company. The recruiters do not follow up and in fact will let you hang for weeks if you don't hold them accountable. The comical thing is that after three weeks of not hearing anything, I followed up with the recruiter only to be told they chose an internal candidate. Now remember, I've been through this three times. There is a pattern here. In every case, I had to manage the recruiter because the follow up is so poor and in every case I have been told they chose an internal candidate!
    Steer clear because when I was in the Shippensburg facility, they mentioned that two product assembly lines were being moved to Mexico because they were low cost country. They had already shut down a powder paint line and were trying to move in some machine centers (not a core competency for this facility). That left me with the impression that eventually this facility which was an assembly only facility would be shutdown.
    As far as salary goes, very low for the amount of work. They are basically working seven days. Salary workforce is expected to be there very early and stay late. When I got the benefits review, the HR person mentioned that the healthcare is changing next year and they did not know what the company was going to do. Lot's of questions in my mind.
    I think that JLG can be very lazy in their recruitment process. The recruiters I have worked with seem to feel that they hold all the cards. They also press you for your current salary. They actually want to talk about salary first before anything else; probably because their payscales are subpar with comparable companies.
    Oh and they did not reimburse me for travel expenses. I even asked the recruiter and the response was sort of like why should we reimburse you.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Carlisle, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was fun and they make sure that you understand everything before moving you forward and not make you waste time for nothing. They offer you the option for what shift did you need and what to expect in the job.

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in McConnellsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLG Industries (McConnellsburg, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process went on for months on end. I ended up having a total of 10 interviews. It was a terrible experience. The questions that were asked were on an elementary level and was talked down to during the interview.

MBA Supply Chain Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries.

Interview

Interview was with 2 JLG personnel, 1 was a senior manager for global procurement and sourcing. Typical behavioral interview questions, nothing was challenging... walk through your resume etc. Setting was informal. Interviewers were in company branded polo shirts. Overall length was 30 minutes. Single round interview with a decision given after 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• None of the behavioral questions were difficult, STAR format responses. The closing question was "What is your Favorite Book"   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Morgantown, WV) in October 2014.

Interview

The process started with signing up at a college career fair, and then being scheduled for an interview time. The interview was the next day, and lasted about half an hour. After the interview, they ask you to apply online, and then you get a response in about 2-3 months.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of behavioral questions, very little technical. When asked about technical they were not looking so much for an answer, but an indication you wanted to learn. The toughest question was asking what my greatest weakness was.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries (University Park, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Process was relatively standard and not demanding. Interview was conducted on campus after being selected from the career fair. Overall all, the setting was not stressful, only one interviewer with standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a situation where you campaigned for change in an important setting.   Answer Question