JLG Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JLG Industries Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Hagerstown, MD).

Interview

I applied through their website , hr contacted me a few days after . The phone screening was very simple and straight forward . I then met their engineering team . Nothing out of the ordinary .

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Shippensburg, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First contact was phone screen with a JLG company recruiter in Hagerstown MD. I was scheduled for an onsite interview two weeks following the phone screen. The onsite interview consisted of a plant tour, a brief visit with an HR rep. to cover benefits and a panel interview with the Plant Manager and five other people. They each took turns asking very basic questions. I turned some of the interview back on them by asking them culture and process questions. I was able to turn it into a discussion instead of them firing questions at me.
    This was my third time interviewing with JLG. I think I am through with this company. The recruiters do not follow up and in fact will let you hang for weeks if you don't hold them accountable. The comical thing is that after three weeks of not hearing anything, I followed up with the recruiter only to be told they chose an internal candidate. Now remember, I've been through this three times. There is a pattern here. In every case, I had to manage the recruiter because the follow up is so poor and in every case I have been told they chose an internal candidate!
    Steer clear because when I was in the Shippensburg facility, they mentioned that two product assembly lines were being moved to Mexico because they were low cost country. They had already shut down a powder paint line and were trying to move in some machine centers (not a core competency for this facility). That left me with the impression that eventually this facility which was an assembly only facility would be shutdown.
    As far as salary goes, very low for the amount of work. They are basically working seven days. Salary workforce is expected to be there very early and stay late. When I got the benefits review, the HR person mentioned that the healthcare is changing next year and they did not know what the company was going to do. Lot's of questions in my mind.
    I think that JLG can be very lazy in their recruitment process. The recruiters I have worked with seem to feel that they hold all the cards. They also press you for your current salary. They actually want to talk about salary first before anything else; probably because their payscales are subpar with comparable companies.
    Oh and they did not reimburse me for travel expenses. I even asked the recruiter and the response was sort of like why should we reimburse you.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Carlisle, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was fun and they make sure that you understand everything before moving you forward and not make you waste time for nothing. They offer you the option for what shift did you need and what to expect in the job.

MBA Supply Chain Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries.

Interview

Interview was with 2 JLG personnel, 1 was a senior manager for global procurement and sourcing. Typical behavioral interview questions, nothing was challenging... walk through your resume etc. Setting was informal. Interviewers were in company branded polo shirts. Overall length was 30 minutes. Single round interview with a decision given after 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• None of the behavioral questions were difficult, STAR format responses. The closing question was "What is your Favorite Book"   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Morgantown, WV) in October 2014.

Interview

The process started with signing up at a college career fair, and then being scheduled for an interview time. The interview was the next day, and lasted about half an hour. After the interview, they ask you to apply online, and then you get a response in about 2-3 months.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of behavioral questions, very little technical. When asked about technical they were not looking so much for an answer, but an indication you wanted to learn. The toughest question was asking what my greatest weakness was.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries (University Park, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Process was relatively standard and not demanding. Interview was conducted on campus after being selected from the career fair. Overall all, the setting was not stressful, only one interviewer with standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a situation where you campaigned for change in an important setting.   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Shippensburg, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Long and drawn out 11 separate interviews. Then an expired offer when received via e-mail. No written offer.
    Offer was low for the experience and position. No negotiations. Unpaid expenses for travel to the interviews.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McConnellsburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries (McConnellsburg, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for position while interning for JLG in summer 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter followed by panel interview with management team at site. The interview process progressed fairly quick with about 3 weeks from application to job offer.

Panel interview was conducted on site with hiring manager and other members of management team. Benefits were reviewed prior to the interview was conducted and time for questions was left at the end of both the benefits review and the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Hagerstown, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

First there is a phone interview with a recruiter to "weed through the stack". Then there is a phone interview with a Hiring Manager or two.

After passing that, there was a tour of a plant (McConnelsburg, PA), and then a panel interview at the hiring location (Hagerstown, MD). The panel interview is with four people that would be a part of your team / your bosses. You then have a slight 1:1 interview with a hiring manager or two. Lastly, there is a quick interview with HR. Plan to take a full day for the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greencastle, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLG Industries (Greencastle, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from JLG in May 2014. He was interested in discussing my background and how I would possibly be a good fit for a few open positions. I bypassed the phone interview and was invited to on-site interviews in McConnellsburg, PA and Greencastle, PA. The drive from my hotel in Chambersburg to the first site in McConnellsburg took about 20 minutes. I arrived and went on a plant tour of their Manufacturing facility with another person who was interviewing. The facility was very big so the tour took a little over an hour with questions and such. I then made the 30 minute drive to another facility in Greencastle, PA. This portion of the process involved a panel interview with 4 engineers. The interview involved very typical technical questions and some behavioral questions. I then had a very short interview with HR which was unnecessary in my opinion. When all was said and done I caught a flight back home.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to make a tough decision and how did you get through it?   Answer Question