JOEY Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JOEY Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Tukwila, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to all 3 hiring managers. Were very nice and the process wasn't too difficult. Enjoyed the conversations. Wasn't too complicated. Just had to hold a good conversation and show I had skills... or at least was willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

They asked me a few questions and then asked if I would be willing to take a job in the kitchen washing dishes instead. The pay was lower and working conditions worse. I think they offered me that position instead of the one I applied for because I am male. All of the front of house staff I saw were female and all back of house staff were male.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I came in to fill out an application and had an interview that day with 3 different managers. Each asked questions about myself and typical interview questions such as "when was a time you had to deal with a frustrating situation and how did you handle it."

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Great Vibe from management during interview. They really want to see your personality & who you are. They don't require experience because they believe a person can always be trained technically how to serve, but you can't teach someone to be naturally caring, outgoing, positive, etc. It seems like they also like employees who thrive in challenges and grow from them. It's not about all looks, they want the "whole package." As long as you look polished (you take care of yourself), positive, confident, outgoing, intelligent, etc. You will have a great chance!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

There's a specific set of questions asked to each interviewee. My interview was enjoyable, I didn't feel nervous at all. They want to see your personality. Management shows excitement and interest in you, so it makes you want to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a must hire?
      What three qualities would describe a good boss?   Answer Question

Prep Worker/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

After completing the application process online I was asked to come in between 11-5 to "introduce myself." I was asked a lot of basic questions. Interviewer was friendly and seemed enthusiastic. I didn't expect to be interviewed by the sous chef, but was pleasantly surprised when I was. He explained that Joey restaurants emphasizes promotion from within and would help train and support its BOH staff.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants.

Interview

I had recently moved to the Seattle area and was applying to different restaurants. I was asked to come for an interview at Joey restaurant in the U-district. I accepted the invitation. I met with one manager and right away was told I would meet with another manager. Once I met with the second manager I was asked very few questions was told I would be part of the training process that would start in less Han a week. I had two jobs at the time (one with my degree and another serving). It seemed highly unprofessional to expect someone to just quit their job and start training (I always give at least two weeks notice out of respect). On top of that, I know I'm an attractive female, but I felt they were more into my looks than my experience and I'm not okay with that.

Interview Questions

• How long I worked in the service industry and what my future goals wwrw   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Bellevue, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

You apply in store and come in Monday through Thursday between 2pm and 4pm. Dress as if you were going to apply to a job at Microsoft - Business professional. You may have to wait a bit inroder to speak with a manager but stay patient, they have a lot to take care of during the restaurant's down time.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good addition to Joey Bellevue?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants.

Interview

Easy to get an interview. In person it was very uncomfortable. Didn't seem like they were expecting to be interviewing a guy. The managers didn't introduce their names. So much for being an equal employer. You won't get a job here unless you're a hot chick. Notice the whole front of house are female not one male.

Interview Questions

JOEY Restaurants Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback about your previous interview experience at JOEY. Our candidates insights are very important to us and something we take very seriously. We would like to learn... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It wasn't bad, they just ask you basic interview questions. They either want someone like you or they don't- they look for an outgoing, hard working person that enjoys being around people.

Interview Questions

JOEY Restaurants Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback about your interview experience at JOEY! Our candidates insights are very important to us and something we take very seriously. If you would like to share more... More