JOEY Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Tukwila, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

There was a series of three interviews with three different members of management. All of the interviewers were polite and generally a positive experience. They were hospitable and made the process comfortable and easy to get through. The call back did not take long for them to let me know that I got the job, and the training period was shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any waitressing experience before?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Tukwila, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to all 3 hiring managers. Were very nice and the process wasn't too difficult. Enjoyed the conversations. Wasn't too complicated. Just had to hold a good conversation and show I had skills... or at least was willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

They asked me a few questions and then asked if I would be willing to take a job in the kitchen washing dishes instead. The pay was lower and working conditions worse. I think they offered me that position instead of the one I applied for because I am male. All of the front of house staff I saw were female and all back of house staff were male.

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Tukwila, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I went to Joeys to turn in an application to a manager three different times before one was actually available to receive it and look it over. I was then scheduled an in person interview. I interviewed with two managers, each one on one, in the same day and was offered the job on the spot.
    The biggest part about landing a job at Joeys is really coming in looking the part, you need to be polished and professional and look really friendly and approachable. During the interview I made just to smile and maintain eye contact the entire time, trying my best to make the situation feel very at ease. It really makes a difference since they want to see how you interact with people.

Interview Questions

• How come your work history is spotty? What does customer service mean to you? How do you handle stressful situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interesting interview process, they profile to see who fits the "JOEY Profile" by looks. There are many questions about yourself and certain situations. I personally did not go through multiple interviews but many do. They are very unorganized about the whole process and often forget about applicants.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Seattle, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

You get interviewed by two of the salaried managers. It can over the course of a few days or over the course of a single day. Dress presentable. Be nice and smile alot. Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between customer service and hospitality? Tell me a time where you delivered hospitality instead of customer service."   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a pretty straightforward process! I was approached during a previous visit by the day manager and asked to apply - I politely declined as I was not looking at the time. A year later, I applied online and came in the same day for my interviews. I met with two interviewers.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants in January 2012.

Interview

Resumes will not be accepted.
    It's heavily based on how you look "presentation" and how you do your makeup and hair. It doesn't mean to lather it on -- but it means you need to look polished at all times
    Questions can be a bit tricky and seem laid back, but they will offer you a job right there and then if you seem like someone who can be easy to work with and coach. Coaching is huge.

Interview Questions

• "You know what people want before they know they want it? Okay, this guy sitting next to me [was another manager interviewing me], what does he want?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Bellevue, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Was short well and quick to the point. I walked in wearing black and looked professional. She went over my resume and asked about prior experience. It was before summer and that is their busy season so she didn't ask me too many questions before giving me a try

Interview Questions

• What makes you good for this place?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at JOEY Restaurants (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It wasn't bad, they just ask you basic interview questions. They either want someone like you or they don't- they look for an outgoing, hard working person that enjoys being around people.

Interview Questions

JOEY Restaurants Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback about your interview experience at JOEY! Our candidates insights are very important to us and something we take very seriously. If you would like to share more... More