Jackson Family Wines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.9

Production Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

Responded to an ad & it took them more than a month to respond. The first interview went well & I was told I would come back for a second interview but the process dragged on and on with very little transparency or communication. Surprisingly unprofessional for such a high level position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines (Santa Rosa, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview/screening
    On-site interview included brief skills test, then discussion about the position role (what they were looking for, position challenges and company fit
    There were technical questions about the position role and my experience/background.

Interview Questions

• Whether I thought the position might be something I was interested in   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines (Santa Rosa, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

3 Different interviews, each with a different person from the department. The job and expectations were well laid out. Everyone who interviewed me came across as very bright and very driven. I felt comfortable with their screening process and felt that they were very picky when it came to choosing the right person. I prefer interviews like this because then I can have faith that upper management is keen to pick the right candidate instead of just rushing a warm body into a chair.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in a previous position where you had to innovate   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines (Santa Rosa, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Not concerned with accounting skills or experience and much more concerned with whether or not a good fit will get along with VP's and management. I sensed disorganization and internal conflict.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fast

Creative Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

The interview process went well for me, however, I went through many, many interviews. I was hit up by the HR rep and did a quick phone screening and learned a little but more about the position. I then got a call from my would be manager to discuss my skill sets. Came in for a face to face with the HR rep, and then my would be manager. From there it was pretty standard interview process with standard questions. We discussed my skills sets more and got into some conversations about creative material. Only asked me a few questions about wine, which was great because at the time my knowledge was very minimal. There's only so much you can study up on when you don't come from a wine background.

Tasting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Healdsburg, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines (Healdsburg, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied at one if their new wineries in healdsburg (Siduri) about 2.5 months ago. I was looking for a new winery job, and asked if they were hiring. Got an interview within a week.

The interview process was just painful. I remember one of to the interviewers needed to leave early, so he moved the interview back 30min, which was fine. The questions were very unprepared by both interviewers. The other interviewer seem uninterested in the fact that this was an interview. She was the one who had scheduled. Just came off as rude. Very unprepared and rude when I'm trying to explain my experience and answering the questiona, and looking uninterested. I wasn't impressed that all. But on the bright side, I got ano excellent job elsewhere.

Tasting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines (Santa Rosa, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I met with one individual and had a brief interview about my previous work experience. I then meet with the manager at the tasting room I would be working at and that interview was to see my communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had an angry customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the marketing team. They took very long to follow up after the interview as I had to make several attempts to contact them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines (Santa Rosa, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

After submission of a resume and cover letter, you are called in to schedule an in-person interview. This call back may take a long time (A couple weeks to a month). The questions are simple and to the point. They're just checking if everything on your resume is legitimate. The interview also mainly consists of going over the job and what it involves.

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Family Wines (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

I get the feeling that you must be a millennial for a chance at a face to face interview. I would think that a more diverse age work culture, would cause the department to not have such a high turnover and less of a risky place to work reputation. I know it's not that way in other KJ departments, and people actually enjoy working in those departments.

Interview Questions

• All questions were non job related and completely irrelevant to the job. They were all personal life questions.   Answer Question