Janney Montgomery Scott Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Janney Montgomery Scott Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2017

2.6

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott.

Interview

Resume drop at college, a few weeks in between, and then 30 minute phone call. Verbal offer a week or so later, which I accepted. Interview was not very stressful.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I was selected from a campus recruiting resume drop for a phone interview with an analyst, which lasted around an hour. Simple fit and technicals, basic as they come. Unfortunately did not get the offer.

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online, received email for phone interview a few weeks after application. Interviewer was a mid level management. Received email a few weeks after that interview for superday interview at headquarters in Philly. Intoduction/info session, then 5 one on one interviews with people across branches of capital markets (fixed income research, equity research, public finance, traders). Offer two weeks after that

Interview Questions

• A little behavioral stuff, questions about work history, demonstrated interest in finance, brain teasers (what is Times Square Starbuck's annual revenue?), what is unemployment rate, Janet Yellen hawkish or doveish, etc   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Showed my portfolio website on screen, interview already had it up when I entered the room. Interview went quickly and I was called back in two days. I declined the offer because the company was not diverse.

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Online applications opened sometime around November. I submitted my resume then got an email about a first round interview around mid-December. First round phone screen with HR was for half an hour around late December. I got accepted for the second round after a week via email.

Second round in-person super day with 4 back-to-back interviews, half-hour each, in early January. I got my acceptance after a week or two via email. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions (e.g. tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, tell me about xyz prior internship experience, etc). Note that I got a generic market based question during the HR interview as well.

Technical questions weren't very hard, either -- they asked me what I've been following in the markets for the past 6 months, and what the 10-year Treasury yield was for that day (just to test whether you're up to date). Another friend of mine mentioned that they'd asked her accounting-related questions so I'd also prepped on financial statements and how they flow together beforehand.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward and casual. Met with the advisor at the firm, did an informational interview and through that was given the opportunity to come back. Took about three to four weeks during the whole processes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in wealth management?
      Why Janney?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott.

Interview

Straightforward phone interview with an associate and then super day with analysts, directors, and MD who asked technical and behavioral questions. Received offer about a week after the super day.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Phila, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had to go through different interviews with several persons onsite. This was quite difficult, but I had the chance to know more about the company and how they behave.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about BI structure   1 Answer

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with the lead designer and his boss during the interview process. They went over my resume and asked questions about certain positions that I've held. Then they reviewed my portfolio in order to gauge my design work.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses? How do you work around your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was a behavioral first round interview with an analyst at the firm. Asked the classic investment banking questions, and asked about major banking legislation. Nothing too crazy. Make sure to stay on top of financial news, and research a bit about the company before hand. Advice that will probably help with any interview.