Janney Montgomery Scott Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.6

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online, received email for phone interview a few weeks after application. Interviewer was a mid level management. Received email a few weeks after that interview for superday interview at headquarters in Philly. Intoduction/info session, then 5 one on one interviews with people across branches of capital markets (fixed income research, equity research, public finance, traders). Offer two weeks after that

Interview Questions

• A little behavioral stuff, questions about work history, demonstrated interest in finance, brain teasers (what is Times Square Starbuck's annual revenue?), what is unemployment rate, Janet Yellen hawkish or doveish, etc   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Showed my portfolio website on screen, interview already had it up when I entered the room. Interview went quickly and I was called back in two days. I declined the offer because the company was not diverse.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward and casual. Met with the advisor at the firm, did an informational interview and through that was given the opportunity to come back. Took about three to four weeks during the whole processes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in wealth management?
      Why Janney?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott.

Interview

Straightforward phone interview with an associate and then super day with analysts, directors, and MD who asked technical and behavioral questions. Received offer about a week after the super day.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Phila, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had to go through different interviews with several persons onsite. This was quite difficult, but I had the chance to know more about the company and how they behave.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about BI structure   1 Answer

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with the lead designer and his boss during the interview process. They went over my resume and asked questions about certain positions that I've held. Then they reviewed my portfolio in order to gauge my design work.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses? How do you work around your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was a behavioral first round interview with an analyst at the firm. Asked the classic investment banking questions, and asked about major banking legislation. Nothing too crazy. Make sure to stay on top of financial news, and research a bit about the company before hand. Advice that will probably help with any interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott (Edison, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Very typical interview process. Started with a phone interview to discuss past experience and qualifications. Then a 1 on 1 job specific questions. Not a difficult process by an means.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the industry? What is your marketing plan?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott.

Interview

Initial Phone interview that lasted 15 minutes. Talked about my background and the different positions available.
    1st in person interview with the HR director,
    2nd in person interview with the managers of different departments. Talked about the different positions and departments more in-depth. Talked about my background and what I would like to do. Very easy interview process that took less than a month

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Talk about a time you were challenged. Why do you want to work at Janney? Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janney Montgomery Scott.

Interview

I applied through an on campus recruiting effort. It was a simple resume drop and I was notified that I had gotten a phone interview. Very lax process--had two phone interviews with two analysts who were recent graduates and two who were associates.