Janssen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Cellular and Nucleic Acid Therapies Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen (State College, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on my university campus following the careerfair. I was then scheduled for an interview with hiring manager. I spoke with him for 30 minutes, during which he described the type of work done as well as databased questions.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen.

Interview

The interview process is extremely long and involves many people. There is a very specific interviewing guide that all interviewers adhere to. Not a lot of follow-up questions from interviewers. They like round-table interviews with multiple interviewers at the same time.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Janssen (Raritan, NJ).

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter, and then had two interviews with the people who led the internship program. I was told after my recruiter phone screen that I should expect to be contacted about further interviews. My two interviews with the leaders of the internship program involved more in depth talks about projects I had worked on, my interests, and what I could expect to do during the internship. I found them very personable, however the process took a relatively long amount of time (as do many things in Janssen). I had to explain that I was considering another offer to hurry the process along.

College Hire Interview

Application

Interview

DO NOT INTERVIEW WITH JNJ gave my heart and soul for this interview and they gave no feedback and kept delaying responses. So disappointed by the effort and emotions that were drained for this position

Statistical Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen in March 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with two people in person, two on video conference call. Mostly asked behavioral interview questions: "tell me about a time when...". Asked about teamwork, handling issues amongst employees vs escalation. A few personal questions were asked such as "where do you see yourself in 10 years?", "why do you want to work here", etc.

Medical Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Titusville, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Janssen (Titusville, NJ).

Interview

The interview schedule was very inconsistent. There was no interview with the Associate Director as he "had to leave for a meeting." According to the schedule, I was supposed to meet with the Director of the Medical Information Center but ended up being interviewed by two inexperienced interviewers. Both did not review my resume ahead of time and asked repetitive questions. They were afraid of asking too many technical questions because they know they wouldn't be able to respond to the answers correctly. It is evident that they are searching for a candidate who isn't too experienced so that they can overpower the candidate. Also, there is no cultural diversity* in this department which explains alot about the company's values and working environment.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work under stressful conditions?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring House, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Janssen (Spring House, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was first emailed by the hiring manager (now my supervisor) asking if I was interested in learning more about the position for which I applied via a phone conversation. The phone conversation was in fact a phone screen to gauge my level of interest and whether or not I was a competitive candidate for further consideration. Two days later, I was contacted via e-mail inviting me for an in-person interview which took place one week later. This was an all-day event lasting 9+ hours and meeting with upwards of 20 people, some individually and some in small groups of 2-5. I was also asked to provide a 1 hour-long seminar showcasing my previous work. Following the interview, approximately one week passed and I was contacted via telephone from my now supervisor that I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to pursue a career in industry as opposed to academia?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial phone screen, followed by another phone interview, then flown to Dallas for in person interviews with 2 district managers and finally, the sale director.

Medical Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Janssen (Raritan, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews each lasting around 30 mins followed by an in person interview at the office lasting about an hour. I had the opportunity to ask the employees several questions about their jobs and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how several of my resume experiences will relate to job performance.   1 Answer

Applies to All Interview

Interview

Always professional and positive. Sometimes a slow process, so be patient. Helps to come in with a competitive offer for negotiation purposes. All interview questions are behavioral/situational using "STAR" method.