Janus Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Janus Capital

2.9

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with one of the recruiters. It was less of a discussion and more about providing her information to fill in boxes on a form. The items listed on the job description made up her checklist and she wanted a comment to write next to each item.

Interview Questions

• How does my experience meet the need listed in the job description?   Answer Question

Client Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

First interview was very standard for the industry. HR associate asks questions to see if you are qualified, asks you to walk through your resume and relevant work experience, it lasted 25/30 mins. Second interview was with 2 hiring managers, questions were more formal and lasted 30/45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume as it relates to the position, top 3 criteria for excepting an offer, willing to relocate. Experience/resume. Strengths/weakness. Asked about dealing with conflict in the workplace. Asked about experience in client services. Investment knowledge/experience with excel.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

One panel interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Janus outside of normal business operations?   Answer Question

Received a full-time offer elsewhere.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janus Capital in May 2015.

Interview

I knew someone who knew an employee who referred me. Just a series of two phone interview calls with the manager of my division and some communication with HR and I had my offer.

Interview Questions

• What kind of programming languages are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Three phone calls and one in person presentation/interview with seven team members. The first call is with the recruiter, second is with a sales manager, the third is with another sales manager.

Interview Questions

• How I found out about the Job, What I know about the internal position, What makes a good/bad internal wholesaler, My thoughts on the market, If I had looked at places in Denver to live. They also tested my knowledge on their Janus Henderson funds.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Janus Capital.

Interview

Two hour long phone interview, all behavioral questions, then a presentation, follow up questions and panel interview. It was extremely lengthy and took a lot more effort than the job was worth. They do care a lot about company culture and fit, which is why the process was so in depth.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO).

Interview

It was a long process that took approximately 4 weeks and 4 interviews to complete. Overkill for the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Asked to present a fixed income story for 5-10 minutes to management   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.. You take the salary and territory the offer you or you dont work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process for this role requires three stages. In the first stage you will be interviewed by the VP and the one of the directors of this department. If you pass the first stage you will get a call for the second stage of the interview which is a presentation then more interview questions. The third and last stage is that you get to talk on the phone the salesperson you are going to team up with. The overall experience was a good learning process.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your manger?   1 Answer

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

The work environment was casual but professional. I first had an interview with two managers that lasted about an hour. Then we moved to a conference room where there was a presentation (roll play) with about 8 Janus colleagues. Everyone was very nice before, during, and after the interviews.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

I was temp to perm--interview was different than outside hire--I interviewed with HR, Peer departments that I would be serving and of course, my own team and manager.

The interview process was about as difficult as you'd expect for a technology position at a professional organization.

HR played a major role in evaluating the 'fit' to the Janus culture and values. This was at least as important as the technology skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Janus / what are your skills / asked various investment terminology questions

What is your experience in specific systems and languages   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal negotiations were available. Janus has structured job codes and seeks to keep salaries within a job code tightly managed. Once the job title and pay grade is set-there was only a 3-5% spread