Janus Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.9

Internal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Three phone calls and one in person presentation/interview with seven team members. The first call is with the recruiter, second is with a sales manager, the third is with another sales manager.

Interview Questions

• How I found out about the Job, What I know about the internal position, What makes a good/bad internal wholesaler, My thoughts on the market, If I had looked at places in Denver to live. They also tested my knowledge on their Janus Henderson funds.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Janus Capital.

Interview

Two hour long phone interview, all behavioral questions, then a presentation, follow up questions and panel interview. It was extremely lengthy and took a lot more effort than the job was worth. They do care a lot about company culture and fit, which is why the process was so in depth.

Trade Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janus Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on line.Was contacted 3 days later, next day had a phone interview with HR person. A week later in person interview with supervisors of that department. 3 weeks later in person interview with upper management. Flawless respectful process. Very pleasant HR people and management.

Interview Questions

• Regular basic behavior questions. It was more like friendly conversation every time.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janus Capital.

Interview

Got a phone interview 2 days after applying online, and then followed by an in person interview with the hiring supervisor and the senior, and job offer after background test

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment at your current job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Went through a staffing agency so I did not interview. However, I did have to take certain skill test in order to get the job. These skill tests were all Microsoft Office related. There was one skill test for Word, one for Outlook, and one for Excel. The turnover seems pretty quick, so they care more about your qualifications than the interview, as long as you have good interpersonal skills.

Negotiation

None

Fund Services Supervisor Interview

Interview

I already work at Janus so I know they focus on behavioral interview questions: Tell me about a time when... What would you do in this scenario... Give me an example of when you.... etc

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to be politically minded when approaching a complicated problem.   1 Answer

Interview

Not a typical interview where they ask behavior questions, instead the interview was a conversation based. Lockton Companies has released its 2015 Annual Report, highlighted by organic revenue growth of 10.3 percent and record revenue of $1.24 billion. This is the 49th consecutive year of growth for the company, which is the largest privately held, independent insurance broker with 65 offices worldwide.

Client Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

First interview was very standard for the industry. HR associate asks questions to see if you are qualified, asks you to walk through your resume and relevant work experience, it lasted 25/30 mins. Second interview was with 2 hiring managers, questions were more formal and lasted 30/45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume as it relates to the position, top 3 criteria for excepting an offer, willing to relocate. Experience/resume. Strengths/weakness. Asked about dealing with conflict in the workplace. Asked about experience in client services. Investment knowledge/experience with excel.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Janus Capital.

Interview

I got a good referral from one of their team members, so that's why I had a phone interview. The whole process was kind of smooth. The recruiter was easy to talk with. He asked me to walked through my former professional experiences in regards to the position.
    It didn't work out because they already had a right candidate, but I greatly appreciate the chance.

Institutional Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janus Capital (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Had an initial phone screen. Asked to come in for 3 rounds of interviews. First was super easy, second and third were very rigorous and intense. Was not given a tour of the building until my first day of work. Loved the people and company atmosphere.
    Self-presentation and professionalism are huge, even for an internship and even though this was in Denver (which typically has a laid back dress code).

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and scenario questions, career goals, familiarity with industry.   1 Answer