Jean Coutu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.4

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jean Coutu (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

First I applied online with a job posting I saw on the Jean Coutu website. I got a call a few days later and the supervisor of the Jean Coutu pharmacy I applied for talked to me about my customer service experience. No experience at a pharmacy was necessary. She then told me to come to the pharmacy location for an interview. It was me and the same supervisor who talked to me on the phone at the interview.

The interview consisted of reviewing my past education and experiences, focusing on customer service and communication skills. The requirement was bilingualism (English and French) and she asked several times whether I intended to stay at the job permanently as this was what they were looking for. They do not want to train someone intensely for a few months and have the time wasted. I reassured her that I was looking for a long term job and that I was really interested in pharmacy work, helping people, and working in a fast paced environment.

After about another week and a half, I got another call saying that I was hired. I went in to the pharmacy to sign my paperwork and I started my job about another week and a half after that.

Interview Questions

• She gave me some situational questions, such as "What would you do if a client wanted to butt in line and wanted to rush their order of medication?"   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jean Coutu (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Somewhat unconventional interview...
    He asked me all of the normal questions like what are your qualities, etc. but when it comes to situational questions he won't give up until you give him the exact answer he's looking for... We went back and forth for quite literally 10 minutes about a single situation. I got the job though, somehow.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had four people demanding your attention at once?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jean Coutu in December 2014.

Interview

1. face to face interview with the employer -> 2. Drug quiz -> 3. trial 1 to 2 days -> 4. final decision will be made based on your performance during the trial session in the pharmacy.
    overall, it wasn't that difficult but make sure to know the name of medications.

Negotiation

No negotiation for newly grad.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jean Coutu (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

It is easy to get an interview because pharmacies are in constant need of techs. The interview is not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a bad situation you ever found yourself with a client in at work and how did you overcome it? And again with a coworker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much place to negotiate for salary because it is a company with pay scales. Definitely room for negotiation concerning schedules.

Cosmetician Interview

Interview

I used to work at a pharmacy nearby, and they unfortunately closed. The Jean-Coutu pharmacy at currently work at was kind enough to hire not only me but most people I worked with at the other pharmacy without being too tough during interview.

Interview Questions

• how do react towards an employee you work with with whom u do not share the same opinion.   Answer Question

Floor Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jean Coutu (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview lasted less than 10 minutes. Basic questions were asked. Did not really prepare for interview and I knew I had gotten the job. In all fairness, I was referred to by a well recognized employee.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer who is angry about lack of product on shelves?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had little to no experience so I was not able to negotiate. When leaving, I tried to negotiate different terms but to no avail. Very limited in terms of negotiation as any employee can be replaced at a lower cost.

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Jean Coutu (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

I simply had to do one interview with the manager. He was very serious during the interview, but later turned out to be very friendly. Overall, the interview was fairly simple. It consisted of traditional questions and behavioral questions. It seemed that he wanted someone who is serious and mature.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult employee who doesn't want to cooperate with you?   Answer Question

Assembleur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longueuil, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jean Coutu (Longueuil, QC (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

i sent an application by mail,they responded in about a week an said they were not hiring!!20 minutes later the phone rang and they told me..the company that they wanted to see me for an interview the same day!!go figure!!

Interview Questions

• why should i be the one they chose   1 Answer

Negotiation

the salary is not to be discussed because it is a unionized warehouse

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jean Coutu (Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, QC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Entretien avec deux assistants gérant, qui ne m'ont pas mis mal à l'aise et qui m'ont poser quelques questions.

D'abord ils m'ont demander de parler de moi, qui est assez vaste comme question d'entrevue, où j'ai donc parler de ma scolarité et de mes expériences de travail.

Interview Questions

• Question classique: Quel est ton pire défaut?   1 Answer