Jeppesen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jeppesen (Englewood, CO).

Interview

It’s amateur hour at Jeppesen when it comes to hiring. But to be fare, few companies really know how to interview well. (At my present company we must be formally certified before conducting interviews.) In any case, common courtesy requires a timely response. Dragging the process out for literally months is both disrespectful to the candidates and indicative of poor business acumen.

My application started with an initial phone screening by the hiring manager. I gave him a high level overview of my experience (which to be honest was mostly a lot of industry buzz words), then I asked where I could provide more specific examples of my past work. He replied simply “you’re clearly qualified, so I have no further questions”. As a next step he said he would invite some candidates to come in for a “structured" interview. Sure enough, an HR rep called a couple days later to schedule the in-person interview. (Note of surprise: they didn’t offer to cover my travel expenses.)

After arriving for my interview the hiring manager escorted me to a conference room where three others from various departments eventually met us. The interview team had a predefined list from which they each took turns asking questions. They had clearly not rehearsed who would ask what ahead of time. This is what they call a “structured” interview.

Although they all listened carefully, none seemed to know where to go next from my answers. It was as if they were interviewing for a position completely outside their own field of expertise.

Towards the end I asked several questions about the company and the position, which they answered satisfactorily. Then the manager said that in a couple weeks they would either make an offer or decide to bring in some candidates for a second round of interviews. That was the last I ever heard from them.

The manager had been kind enough to give his email address and said to reach out if I had any questions. Naturally, I followed up with a thank you note after each interview. Two weeks later I followed up again, this time with a question. I sent another question two weeks later. After a month had passed with no response I called the HR rep. She didn’t remember me and had no idea what the status of the position was, but said she would check on it and let me know. She didn’t.

I never received a response from anyone after the in-person interview. Perhaps they found someone better than I — very possible since I’m certainly not perfect. Or perhaps they had already settled on an internal candidate and the interview process was just for show. Or maybe they never had approved headcount (to hire). I’ll never know.

In any case, I of course moved on. I was quite interested in the role because of the work they described, but unfortunately I cannot recommend Jeppesen and will not re-apply.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you pitched an ideal to executive leadership?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jeppesen.

Interview

They gave me a call and set up an interview via computer. The interview ended up being a 3 person conference call. Asked about group projects. Took them about two weeks to get back to me

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jeppesen (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I felt the interview experience to be a waste of time. Presented by a third party recruiter. Initial screening by my new supervisor lasted 60 minutes by phone, and went well. So I met with a retired pilot to learn more about navigation charts and their use. (Enjoyed that a lot.) Onsite interview to meet the team started well. But the questions seemed to be for a different position than originally advertised. Left a pretty bad taste, I'm afraid..

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jeppesen (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Phone interview, then an in-person interview with the would be manager and a longtime employee, finally an interview with the general counsel. Everything was quite pleasant. The process did take a while though. The in-person interview with the would-be manager was quite structured and felt forced. The interview with the general counsel was the exact opposite and he rushed out because the work day was over.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult prior experience drafting and negotiating contracts   Answer Question

Contracts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jeppesen.

Interview

They contacted me to set up interview. There was no true phone screen, just a call to set up the interview about a month after I applied. The actual interview was a panel with two team members. They had a block of interviews set up so I could see the people interviewing before me and after.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jeppesen (Englewood, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

This was a very long and drawn out process. I applied in June, got a call in late July asking to interview in late August. I finally got the results of the interview in October. This definitely made me question their hiring practices. I had other options come in well before this process was complete and had already accepted another offer before finding out they were not offering a job.

Interview Questions

• What was one way you were able to resolve conflict you had with others in the organization.   Answer Question

Navigation Information Analyst Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jeppesen (Englewood, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

There were 2 stages. I made it all by phone. First one was very easy. They asked typical questions. On the second one was panel interview and they asked wanted me to make some tasks. We had phone connection and I had access to their computer screen.

Interview Questions

• Comapare charts and fin the differences.
      Find expiration date of NOTAM.
      Read from AIP several easy things.   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jeppesen (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. HR called to scheduled the interview with the hiring manager three weeks after online application. It's a panel interview with four people, including the hiring manager. They called the interview 'structured" interview, which means each member take turn and read off the scripts

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions, such as describe a time when you have to deal with difficult team members   Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jeppesen.

Interview

Every Entry Level or lower level position at Jeppesen will have a structured in person interview that consists of 5-6 questions that will almost all read as "Give me an example of a time in your personal or professional life when you exhibited _________." Leadership, Adaptability, Teamwork, Prioritization, etc.... "Give an example of when you face a roadblock" or...when you had to persuade someone."
    The best thing to do is to prepare for yourself a list of accomplishments that make you look good, so when asked for examples you have a bunch on the top of your head. Then be able to show how each one properly exhibits that trait. Each example may work for several questions. Just be ready to
    1.) Explain the situation
    2.) Give the action you took
    3.) The result and how it demonstrate how you exhibited that trait.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jeppesen (Englewood, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

You get a rude recruiter call you that kills all the excitement of you ever wanting to work there. Very disappointed that that person is the first person and first impression of that company.

Interview Questions

• Can you take this salary because that's all we have   1 Answer