Jive Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jive Communications Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jive Communications.

Interview

Overall, the process was positive, I was interviewed by friendly people and the interview process was fairly quick. My one criticism is that my second interview was almost an exact replica of the first, almost every question was the same. They took extensive notes of my answers in both interviews so it seemed odd to have me answer them again, even with a new person sitting in.

Marketing Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jive Communications.

Interview

Had a terrible experience with the Jive recruiter. After a game of phone tag, I was the one to suggest scheduling a time to chat. The recruiter stood me up for the phone interview and brushed it off with a non-apology the next day: "Sorry we couldn't connect." After I sent a polite email to withdraw my candidacy because of the bad experience (and not-so-stellar reviews/salaries here on Glassdoor), the recruiter sent me a snotty email saying they would have paid X,Y,Z and that I should have addressed my concerns with him before withdrawing. Yikes. No thanks, Jive.

Interview Questions

• Would you be so kind to share what you've found about Jive and the position that has led to to be disinterested in the role?   Answer Question

Jive Communications Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Sr HR Business Partner

On behalf on Jive, I would like to apologize for your interviewing experience. We never want a candidate to feel negatively about Jive. Our recruiting department has been short staffed and while that ... More

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT).

Interview

It was a joke the phone center manager and the manager of tech support talked about food and asked me what nationality I was...i thought it best to say I was in only half anglo.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i was Hawaiian and I heard them say they have some Samoan guy that applied ...i knew the man was Tongan as I worked with him before   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Email, followed by phone call, followed by in person interview. The interviewers had questions about experience, knowledge of the company, and why I wanted to work there. There were two interviewers and it was fairly standard.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about Jive?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Sat in with a panel compiled of Mentors and management. They were able to find out about my experience in the industry and also previous sales experience. They asked about how I would handle different situations with my peer and management. This was then proceeded with the opportunity to ask questions to the panel and find out more about the position. It was very refreshing being able to control some of the process and find out questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• If you found a effective way of selling the product how would you use that information?   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

I Sent my resume in through Indeed.com and received a call for a phone screening on my skill level and then I advanced to an in person Interview. The atmosphere was very friendly and started with simple questions to more advanced questions. I was impressed on their knowledge and their soft skills to put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Questions about networking, VOIP questions and tools that I have used and questions relating to previous experience. How I handled clients that were upset and how I used soft skills to effectively address their issues and turn it into a positive experience.   1 Answer

Billing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager and supervisor of the department, they asked me the regular interview questions "why Jive?", "where do you see yourself in five years?", it was not super intimidating, they were very nice and accessible. I was called in for a second interview a week later and here they asked more in depth questions, "why do you want to work in this department?", "what could you bring to the team?" and they also had me answer riddles that time, which was new and interesting to me, not weird or unwelcome by any means.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with angry customers, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Systems Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was reached out to the next day. I did however have an employee referral. I scheduled an interview for the following day. I met with the team lead of the team that I would be on. Everyone was really nice, from the HR rep who reached out with me to the office administrator at the front desk.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience? How long?
      When would you be able to start?
      Why do you want to work at Jive?
      How do you deal with difficult customers?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT).

Interview

I applied online and within a week a recruiter reached out to schedule a time for me to come in to the office and meet with the hiring manager. When I arrived to their office there was nobody at the front desk. I waited about 5min and then called the recruiter who didn't answer. Finally, I was able to get another employee's attention and he then tried to find the recruiter, who apparently was not in that day and nobody seemed to be aware of the fact.

Eventually after about 25min, I got to sit down with the hiring manager who was very pleasant and entrepreneurial, but slightly inexperienced and unsure about what the requirements should be for the analyst role. He talked about growth opportunities of a small company, and seemed to be very interested in my background. After the interview I was informed that they would reach back within a week with a decision.

A few days went by when I got an automated rejection letter. I wrote back to thank them for considering me and ask for feedback, and almost immediately another email was sent apologizing explaining that the rejection note was a mistake. I waited another week and wrote to the recruiter asking for an update. No response. A week later I wrote the recruiter again, with the same outcome. I wrote to the hiring manager, and about a week later indicated they were still deciding. A week later I followed up again and the hiring manager said the same thing. Two months went by and to this day no response came from either the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Having interviewed at several other tech startups in Utah, I think I can sense why Jive struggles to get top talent, and is widely considered to be second tier among its peers. This was by far the most unprofessional recruiting experience I have ever had. Nothing personal against Jive, they actually make good products, but the recruiting needs a major overhaul.

Interview Questions

• Why Jive?
      How do you deal with unstructured tasks?
      Are you ok wearing multiple 'hats' at work?
      Describe experiences that demonstrate you can work effectively without requiring specific direction from supervisor.
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Absolutely bogus experience. I received an email from a senior project manager requesting I meet for an interview the following day during the work day. I proposed an alternative time - because I would still be at work at 3 pm - and then she proposed we just do it Monday at that time. I then, in as professional a manner as possible, said, "Just so we're on the same page compensation wise, my target salary is [amount]." I feel this is an okay practice so as to prevent any wasted time for all parties involved. She responded, "It appears you did not read through the entire job ad. This is a starting position with a salary of $30-$32K. We are not hiring upper-level Project Management at this time. As this is the case, I assume an interview is no longer necessary. I hope you enjoy your weekend!" No where in the job ad did it state the salary range. No where in the job ad did it even hint that 30-32 were the magic numbers. How am I supposed to know the salary range for a job if it isn't posted? I can't express enough how unprofessional of a response this was and how indicative it is of this organization's project management (un)professionals. I was a customer of their organization from an applicant perspective, and now I know their product i.e. culture, employee investment, etc, is low based not only on how poorly their people communicate and behave, but also their piddly compensation for a job that in the Provo area, pays near double what they're paying.