Jive Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Jive Communications

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied on campus and received the call for interview in 1 week. 3 interviews in 1 single day by three people.

1. Technical interview: Easy. Only asked to make a FizzBuzz program and then talked about my background.

2. Testing: The interviewer asked me how to test their phone systems for call routing and disconnections.

3. General: Background talk and the interviewer also asked me how to hack into a website.

Last word with the CTO.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview started with a meet and greet with lunch. It was a relaxed meeting and I was able to ask questions and get a feel for the culture. I was then put to the test with some white boarding.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT).

Interview

I applied online and within a week a recruiter reached out to schedule a time for me to come in to the office and meet with the hiring manager. When I arrived to their office there was nobody at the front desk. I waited about 5min and then called the recruiter who didn't answer. Finally, I was able to get another employee's attention and he then tried to find the recruiter, who apparently was not in that day and nobody seemed to be aware of the fact.

Eventually after about 25min, I got to sit down with the hiring manager who was very pleasant and entrepreneurial, but slightly inexperienced and unsure about what the requirements should be for the analyst role. He talked about growth opportunities of a small company, and seemed to be very interested in my background. After the interview I was informed that they would reach back within a week with a decision.

A few days went by when I got an automated rejection letter. I wrote back to thank them for considering me and ask for feedback, and almost immediately another email was sent apologizing explaining that the rejection note was a mistake. I waited another week and wrote to the recruiter asking for an update. No response. A week later I wrote the recruiter again, with the same outcome. I wrote to the hiring manager, and about a week later indicated they were still deciding. A week later I followed up again and the hiring manager said the same thing. Two months went by and to this day no response came from either the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Having interviewed at several other tech startups in Utah, I think I can sense why Jive struggles to get top talent, and is widely considered to be second tier among its peers. This was by far the most unprofessional recruiting experience I have ever had. Nothing personal against Jive, they actually make good products, but the recruiting needs a major overhaul.

Interview Questions

• Why Jive?
      How do you deal with unstructured tasks?
      Are you ok wearing multiple 'hats' at work?
      Describe experiences that demonstrate you can work effectively without requiring specific direction from supervisor.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Interview

Recruiter called and scheduled a phone interview.
    Nobody ever called at the appointed day and time. I emailed the recruiter. She never replied. The next week I got an email thanking me for interviewing with them but they would not be offering me the job. I emailed the recruiter again. Still no reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process. Was called in for 4 different interviews, waited for over 30 minutes in a room for the last one. Had me shadow on the floor for an hour while they were burning time doing something else. The director promised me a decision on a Tuesday and I didn’t hear anything from him until a week later after numerous attempts to contact him. Then, another weeks goes by and he TEXTS me his response. Doesn’t even have to courtesy to call. Lots of red flags about competency and process at jive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Lindon, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied via employee referral, then the recruiter got back to me, and a week later I was brought in for an in person interview.

Woody Clemetson the director of SMB's was very open and honest. While I didn't get the position it was refreshing to have an open and transparent interview, he was personable but direct. Jive seems like they have it together. Keep up the great work.

Interview Questions

• Why I jumped around job positions, what I wanted out of a job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

You will need to have experience working with Salesforce, sales, B2B sales, and willing to work hard. The clients you have need time, attention, and care to make an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• The personality test you take, will guide a lot of the way your interview goes. Make sure to emphasize your experience and willingness to work hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Sat in with a panel compiled of Mentors and management. They were able to find out about my experience in the industry and also previous sales experience. They asked about how I would handle different situations with my peer and management. This was then proceeded with the opportunity to ask questions to the panel and find out more about the position. It was very refreshing being able to control some of the process and find out questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• If you found a effective way of selling the product how would you use that information?   1 Answer

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I found the job posting on Monster.com, then went straight to the source (Jive's website) to look at the posting. I applied online with only my LinkedIn profile, and received a call from the recruiter within a day. The interview was scheduled for the next day. I met with two of the team leads, nice fellows, one a bit more intense than the other. That interview was at 8:30am, and after the interview I went to my 9:00 class at my university and right after class was over (just before 10:00am), I received a call seeking a second interview. I accepted and 2 days later I met with the same two team leads as before, but this time their supervisor. They asked many of the same questions as before, asking about my background and my personality. Some light negotiation about wage occurred, and near the end of the interview I was offered the position in-person. I accepted immediately, with the condition that I could have 2 weeks so I could quit my other job before I started; that was no problem. They were very accommodating with my needing time to leave my other job.

I was surprised, myself, at the ease of the entire process. Even though the interview was probably the toughest I'd had in my life up until that point (which isn't saying much, cause I've only had 3 jobs that all were very long-term), the rest of the process was very nice. All the recruitment correspondence needed was promptly emailed to me, with all documents to review and eSign before starting the position, making the job-starting process with Jive a breeze.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

Met with CEO, COO, CTO, and several other sales people and engineers. They asked intelligent questions and wanted to make sure that I would be a good fit for their company culture. I could see they were very proud of what they had accomplished, but were not arrogant and made me believe that they wanted input on how the company could grow faster with better customer support.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would approach the job once hired. What would my strategy be to prospect and close new customers for the company. This wasn't an unexpected question, in fact, I would have been concerned if they hadn't asked this question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were cordial, and they were extremely responsive. I had salary demands and ultimately we were able to settle on a compensation package I felt was fair.