Job Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Job Corps

2.5

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Job Corps (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Cover letters help with initial submissions but the average interviewer is not prepare nor have pre-screened the applicant's information prior to the interview. Average interview has 2 staff to help take notes on your input/responses. Always good to ask questions in regard to what their ideal candidate is to reiterate you compatibility with the position and program. Stress the importance to mentor students.

Interview Questions

• What types of experience do you have with diverse populations?
      If faced with conflict among staff or a student, how would you deal with the situation?
      What makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Medical Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Job Corps (Fayetteville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

When I went to my interview., I was dressed professionally, wearing a dress that went an inch above my knee. My interviewer, Ms. Townsend, approved of my attire as she asked me of my ambitions, and motivation. She was both truthful and respectful as to how life at Job Corps could be, the pros and cons. She was highly impressed in my vocabulary and my professionalism.

Trainie Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Job Corps (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

It was just like any other interview. They asked you questions, you answer them. They mainly wanted to know what you were going to be doing for your future. What you want to do when you are done with Job Corp. They wanted you to show up looking nice and groomed.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals?   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Job Corps (Chesapeake, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Video interview and it was very easy. I simply sat behind the computer and answered the appropriate interview questions. It was not a stressful situation and the questions were very easy. It was typical questions that you would expect in an interview. I was offered the job within the hour and I should have realized that was a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions on why you wanted the job.   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Job Corps (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter with Cornerstone called, I answered a few screening questions then interview was scheduled. The interview was about 30mins with two staff in person and the HR lady my phone. I was not impressed with the female staffs weak half pricness hand shake or the another members grumpy old man facial expressions through the whole interview. The questions made me felt more like I was on a date. Waste of my time and theirs.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Job Corps in December 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth, contacted first by email to do a phone interview, I was then invited in for an onsite interview with the HR Department, the Department Manager and the Director. I felt that the process was quite organized and efficient. Although I did not accept the position I was invited back for another interview when a similar position had opened up. I would also like to note that the overall atmosphere was a welcoming one.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were thought provoking which I liked very much.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Job Corps (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Once EMC took over the contract, I was re-interviewed by a representative of EMC. That is when I got the first view into what kind of company they were. The interview was unlike any interview I have ever had. The lady made me feel small and that I didn't bring enough to the table. She made it sound like 10+ years being a teacher wasn't good enough for Phoenix Job Corps Center.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel my previous employers would rate my performance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They told me what I would be making.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Job Corps.

Interview

The hiring process is excruciatingly long and drawn out. It may be 6 weeks before you hear back after submitting an application. It may also take several weeks before you are offered the job.

Interview Questions

• The interview is by committee and you will be talking to the tops of people's heads as they write down your answers. This is a good thing as they are looking for specific answers so your interview can be "graded" and allotted points. The higher the points, the better chance of you getting a job offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations are accepted

Guidance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Job Corps (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and filled out an application. After I filled out the application i was contacted by an 3 party HR company. At that time they did a phone interview and then had to take a personality test. After that I was called in for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with disadvantaged youth   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Job Corps (Ogden, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

Some person male/female calls you and wont stop messaging you and just makes you feel uneasy the whole time. Then ask you to meet them in a secluded area for an interview and then you get in.

Interview Questions

• How old are you, Why are you interested, when are you available, have any felonies   Answer Question