Jobber Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 27 of over 27 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jobber

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Edmonton, AB) in Feb 2021

Interview

Interview is comprised of an initial call with the recruiter, afterwards I was given a coding assignment with two questions. Once submitted, a technical interview and behaviourial interview was scheduled individually. The last interview was with Forrest Zeisler, CTO. Most of the interview questions were focused on team and culture fit. The technical interview wasn't particularly hard and the interviewers (2 engineers/developers) were friendly and supportive, and gave hints.

Interview Questions
  • Coding assignment, with LeetCode type questions (easy-medium range). Submitted outside of the interview.
    Answer Question
  • Questions regarding space, time complexity and improvements to coding assignment.
  • If you could tell me about one project (work or personal, software or not) you have worked on that you are very proud of, which one and why?

Jobber

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jobber

Interview

I received an email saying I was invited to a phone screen, which was a series of typical HR type behavioural questions (tell me about yourself, etc). I felt very good about the interview, but not too long after received a rejection email. I felt fine about this of course; (and a great experience actually, considering they sent a rejection email as a courtesy) I felt good about the experience. That is, I did until I overheard the position was offered to someone I know to personally have not only much less experience than me and what the job posting asked for, and surely less than the majority of applicants, but I also doubt could pass a simple technical interview (I am saying this not to be mean or berate anyone, just as a matter of context). Because of this I can only suspect that this person was hired for diversity hiring policy reasons considering the call was made to be over video, because of a very strong reference, or some other factor I'm not aware of, and that Jobber values this over hiring for competency. Needless to say, I won't be applying in the future after this experience.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2021

Interview

The initial stage of my interview was very positive as the recruitment team was engaged and attentive. But as the stages continued, it was evident that the team had interviewed way too many people for this position and as their communication dwindled. I waited over a week to hear back from the team even though I was told I would hear back in 1-2 days. An email saying, "hey we need more time" would have been an easy solution. Prior to interviewing at Jobber, I had reached out to my network and I one person even told me "don't apply, they will ghost you". It was pretty disappointing when it ended up happening to myself. I know the team is actively hiring, but I would encourage you to be more transparent with your candidates and keep them in the loop for both positive and negative feedback. Communication goes a long way. In the end, Jobber still seems like a great company to work for the team just needs to ramp up their interview skills.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2021

Interview

This was one of the best interview experience that I have had in a long time. An interview can give you a peek into the company culture. And if my interview experience is any indication, Jobber offers a very warm and welcoming work environment. The interviewers made sure I felt comfortable throughout my process. At each stage, I was kept informed about the timelines and the next steps. And I was most impressed by how responsive and transparent the hiring manager was. All the interviews were held via Zoom. The first round was a 30 minutes screening with the recruitment team. The second round was a 45 minutes interview with the hiring manager. Next up was a functional assessment where I was asked to present to a panel of 3, including the 2nd-level manager. The final round was a cultural fit assessment interview with the Chief Revenue Officer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2020

Interview

I applied to the position online and was asked to schedule an interview with the recruiter. I scheduled the Zoom interview for a week later (this was the earliest available appointment on the recruiter's calendar). 3-4 days before my scheduled interview, I received a voicemail and an email from the recruiter asking me to call him back because he needed to have a pre-screening call with everyone who was shortlisted "due to the high volume of excellent applications [they've] received for this position." I thought this was strange because I had already scheduled an interview with this same recruiter. Nevertheless, I called him back to discuss the Talent Attraction Specialist position. In the first few moments of the call, he re-emphasized how they received a "high volume of excellent applications." Afterward, he asked me a few general questions about my experience and the types of roles I generally recruit for. Once he realized I have not recruited tech roles before (the roles I recruit for are listed in the first bullet point of my resume), he said I "may struggle with this position, but that being said, they may not be able to find the perfect person they are looking for." Gee, thanks. At the end of the call, he said that he would reach out to a few selected candidates to have a Zoom meeting. I asked him about the Zoom meeting that he asked me to schedule for a few days later and he claimed he cancelled that meeting. He realized that he did not in fact cancel that meeting, and let me know he would. I was appalled by this entire process and withdrew from consideration shortly after. However, he made it pretty clear during the call from his tone of voice that he was not at all interested in speaking with me. Despite the withdrawal, I still received a rejection email from Jobber one week later. I am very disappointed in my candidate experience with Jobber especially since a former employee I know spoke so highly of this company. I genuinely hope they ended up hiring a strong recruiter for this role because it is clear they need more competent people on their Talent Attraction team.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Jobber

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jobber in Dec 2020

Interview

I interviewed for first round of interview which is with HR. It is basically to see if you are a good cultural fit and to answer your questions if you have any for HR

Interview Questions
  • Normal interview questions- How did you get into Software Development

Jobber

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jobber

Interview

They were to take 4 interviews if I were to make it to last one. I could only make to 2nd one. But I have to admit, I have a long professional history with wonderful employers including U of A, EPL, which I still really appreciate them. But the interview with Jobber was the best interview experience ever. I was made feel very relaxed and comfortable right from the first email till the 2nd phone interview. Even though I am not hired, I am still thankful of having experienced the interview. Thank you Jobbers team. I am not sure if I should mention names online, so I won't mention individual names, as general Jobbers Talent Acquisition team is great.

Interview Questions
  • General customer service questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2020

Interview

I applied for this position online, but I also reached out the hiring manager in advance of applying and really connected with them. He suggested I should apply for the position. I did not hear anything for 5 weeks after I submitted my online application and then got a scheduled interview with HR. My HR interview was the worst I have experienced. Five minutes before the interview I received an email from HR saying I would be meeting with a different HR contact and was sent new details. When I met with this new HR person, they informed they were new to the job and trying to figure things out as they went, even tell me they were not prepared. Throughout the entire interview they seemed disinterested and inconvenienced, it was a disappointing experience for a job I was excited about.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jobber

Application

I interviewed at Jobber

Interview

We met at cafe store near company. Just ask me about what i did. I mentioned what i have done and demo. But since i just graduate with no experience, he didn't hire me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jobber (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2020

Interview

Jobber was the best interview experience I've had so far in my 12 year career. They were extremely communicative, up front and professional throughout the whole process. I had prepared quite a bit to sell myself for the initial phone screen but it ended up being just a pleasant call where the recruitor told me all the great things about the company. In addition to my sales pitch I had prepared many questions to ask them as well but even with my long list I ran out before our time was up. After that they scheduled me for a one on one with the hiring manager. I was told this was supposed to be just for me to ask more detailed questions of them but it ended up being a more formal interview, which, I was kind of expecting and had prepared for. Also very pleasant conversation with an experienced software manager. It went well and they gave me a code challenge to do which I did well on. They scheduled a technical interview but called me the day before it was to happen to tell me the company had decided on a hiring freeze.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Interviews