Jobber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jobber Interview Questions

Interviews at Jobber

2.8

Web Developer Interview

Interview

We met at cafe store near company. Just ask me about what i did. I mentioned what i have done and demo. But since i just graduate with no experience, he didn't hire me.

Interview Questions

Jobber Response

Mar 10, 2020 – Manager, Talent Attraction

Thank you for your interest in joining our team. It would be great to stay connected as we hire new graduates.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jobber (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2020.

Interview

Jobber was the best interview experience I've had so far in my 12 year career. They were extremely communicative, up front and professional throughout the whole process. I had prepared quite a bit to sell myself for the initial phone screen but it ended up being just a pleasant call where the recruitor told me all the great things about the company. In addition to my sales pitch I had prepared many questions to ask them as well but even with my long list I ran out before our time was up. After that they scheduled me for a one on one with the hiring manager. I was told this was supposed to be just for me to ask more detailed questions of them but it ended up being a more formal interview, which, I was kind of expecting and had prepared for. Also very pleasant conversation with an experienced software manager. It went well and they gave me a code challenge to do which I did well on. They scheduled a technical interview but called me the day before it was to happen to tell me the company had decided on a hiring freeze.

Interview Questions

Jobber Response

Mar 16, 2020 – Manager, Talent Attraction

We really appreciate the kind words. It was a privilege connecting with you throughout the interview process. We look forward to staying connected!

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber.

Interview

I was quite impressed with the accomplishments of jobber as one of the most desirable places to work, as well as their unique product to Small Businesses.

Let me begin to say that I had a very positive experience at first with the recruiting office in the screening portion of the process. I was instructed to submit the skill test and case study with the understanding that the case study deck would be used as a guiding tool in later stages of the interview process.

I was led to believe that I was to be invited back to the office to present the case study in order to give the complete picture and narrative behind the deck (as per best practice in any industry).

The response from HR after review of my submission was misleading and disappointing; I thought (like stated previously) that I was to be invited back to present my findings. In the feedback notes it was stated that the skill-test was successfully completed and the case study analysis was 'good' but 'hard to understand' and hence the decision was to' pursue other candidates'.

My understanding that the final review of the case-study would be assessed after the presentation. Unfortunately, it appeared that the team made their assessment prior to my invitation to the office.
    Regrettably, I was not given a chance to deliver my thoughts and direction to their assignment in order to provide a complete picture, I felt misled.

As a candidate who held high regard to your organization, I cannot begin to tell how disappointing this is.
    The disappointment is not in the rejection itself but rather in the conflicting messaging that you delivered as a feedback to my assessment.

Interview Questions

Jobber Response

Feb 28, 2020 – Manager, Talent Attraction

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience with us.

Let me start by saying that we didn’t communicate things well with you and for that, we owe you an apology. We’re sorry.

In the case of the Business Operations Manager role, we do use the case study as a way to determine candidates who move forward to the next steps in the interview process. We also use the case study as a foundation for the onsite interview. However, being sent to the case study itself doesn’t mean you’ll be moved onto the next steps. And in this case, even when it’s completed - the process is still quite competitive when we compare case studies across candidates.

With all that said, what happened here is poor communications on our part. You shouldn’t have had to walk away from this experience disappointment in the process. So on behalf of the team, I do apologize and hopefully, we can stay in touch about future openings.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jobber (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Phone call >> In-person Interview with talent acquisition and sales manager >> functional role play telephone call with another sales manager >> Final Phone interview with Sales Director and CRO

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding sales career history, questions detailing how you deal with ambiguity, change and dynamism. Questions that get to your personality and your why.   Answer Question

Nov 21, 2019 – Manager, Talent Attraction

Thank you for reflecting on our interview process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2019.

Interview

The whole interview process was so well-organised. The interviewer were all super friendly and knowledgeable. Here is the interview process:
    - Screening interview with the manager of the Talent Attraction department
    - A one-hour interview with the team manager and a senior designer
    - Take home programming assignment (two questions - took about 8 hours)
    - A two-hour technical interview with a senior manager and a senior software developer (technical interview questions including a whiteboard programming problem)
    - A half an hour interview with the CTO

Interview Questions

Jobber Response

Oct 1, 2019 – Manager, Talent Attraction

Thanks for taking time to reflect on our interview process. Welcome to the team :)

People Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process included a phone screen, a sit down interview with the hiring leader, a panel interview with other leaders in the organization & an executive interview. I was so impressed from the first conversation I had and throughout the remainder of the process. It was hands down the best recruitment/interview process I've been through. I felt as though there was lots of authenticity from everyone involved & that was what made the process that much better. I felt as though I could be myself & that the questions allowed me to show case my skills.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you received critical feedback, what was it and what did you do with that feedback?   Answer Question

Oct 15, 2019 – Manager, Talent Attraction

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Welcome to the team!

Senior Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jobber (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It start with a call with the Talent Attraction Manager. You have an opportunity to ask about Jobber.

Next was an interview with the potential supervisor to get a better idea of the job and goals. The interview is informal and is carried as a convesation allow you an opportunity to learn about the position .

I then met the CTO and had another interview to talk about the role and ask any other questions. This was a similar informal style with conversation leading to further questions.

Unfortunately, I was asked to move forward. Potentially there would be a technical interview and a value interview where you meet with a larger team.

Interview Questions

• When it comes to helping teams make effective decisions, share something from past experience how you approach that and what decisions were made.   Answer Question

Jul 16, 2019 – Manager, Talent Attraction

We appreciate that you took the time to interview with us. Thank you for considering Jobber.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I started the process by meeting a member of the team for coffee. This was an informal chat, and we just discussed the transition from student to professional workplace.
    After that I submitted an application and received a technical assessment, which I completed in a couple of days.
    After that I was called in for a technical interview. Durable no this interview, they asked me about my personal projects, school projects, and extra curricular. After that we discussed my assessment, we discussed my strengths, what I did properly, what I could have done better. They asked me about my testing, and how I did it. After that was the white board questions. They asked me ERD questions, and sql questions

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a talented developer? If so how did that work   Answer Question
    • What were some ways you could improve on your capstone project? How would you improve it   Answer Question

Jul 16, 2019 – Manager, Talent Attraction

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Welcome to the team!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2019.

Interview

There was a preliminary phone interview with an HR team member and a second phone interview with the hiring manager.

The process was quite slow and the hiring manager interview seemed fairly straightforward although some questions didn't seem consistent with the initial job description. Perhaps as a new role it was a work in progress.

The experience was negative to neutral as it didn't seem that organized, took quite a while and it felt like the JD was different than the actual role during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Jobber Response

Jul 16, 2019 – Manager, Talent Attraction

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. Our Talent Attraction team is always looking to improve our recruitment process, in particular how we can move faster through the various interview stages. We're sorry that you experienced such delays.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I only had one round of interviews but it was a phone interview with a kind and honest recruiter from jobber. The next step would have been to have a sit down interview with the leader of the product management team.

Interview Questions

• To give an overview of my experience and how it relates to the job opening.   Answer Question

Jul 16, 2019 – Manager, Talent Attraction

Thanks for reviewing our interview process. Best of luck in your job search.