Jobber Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 49 of over 49 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Jobber

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jobber in Apr 2022

Interview

1. Initial Chat - Jobber's recruiting team is the absolute best! Delaney is one of the most efficient and friendliest recruiters I worked with. 2. Intro chat with the manager - Friendly conversation, nothing to stress about. This is an opportunity for you to ask questions about the role and the company. 3. Portfolio review - showcase 2 case studies 4. Meeting with the member of our Executive Team - how cool is that?! Not many companies do that. Quite a unique opportunity 5. Very competitive offer. Good pay, great benefits and lots of cool perks.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of questions about your process. They want to see where things went wrong, how you got out of challenging situations, and what you learned. Prepare to reflect on how you would have approached the problem differently with your current knowledge.
    Answer Question

Jobber

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber in Apr 2022

Interview

Was referred by an employee. First had a short screening interview with a talent acquisition partner during which time we discussed the opportunities currently available at Jobber. She also completed screening questions during this call. I agreed to move forward to an interview with 2 department managers, unfortunately without yet seeing the job description. The managers interview was engaging, both of them were kind, but I did get the sense that they were overwhelmed at work and not sure what they were looking for in a candidate besides a warm body to cover a shift and relieve some of the pressure off their current staff. This was unfortunate as it gave a sense of their not valuing what I would bring to the table. I was moved to the next round which was a, "technical interview" during which I was tasked with answering 2 emails and a mock telephone call with a hiring manager for the department and someone from the Help Docs department. They were both really friendly, engaging, forthcoming with information and empathetic during the process. It was at this point that I uncovered that the role would be entirely reactive. (They are very focused on the, "voice of the company" being conveyed to their users -- which I think is their definition of, "customer success.") This differs from customer success in reality, as it is a proactive vs reactive approach. Jobber's Customer Success Rep role is a support role, which I found to be misrepresented in the title though it is a little clearer once I obtained the job description. Finally, I met with an executive who was completely down to earth and a pleasure to speak to. He is really passionate about his role and the company, present and future. The process was thorough though I think it's normally a lot more communicative, but a number of things got in the way of my having that exact experience. In the end, I declined the offer because 1) growth opportunities were touted but not well-defined, 2) the position was not the job that I believed it would be, 3) the compensation and benefits package didn't compare to other companies of the same size and vertical, and 4) they came across as anxious to hire a friendly someone ASAP to fill a drastic need vs hiring someone talented and experienced in CS with potential to impact long-term as the company grows. When I went to negotiate the offer I expected a conversation but instead they declined to address my concerns with compensation, flexibility and growth potential. As someone who has significant experience in the recruitment process, I was disappointed in how this was handled; there are always ways to manage the negotiation and overcome objections in an attempt to secure the candidate. I really wanted to work at Jobber because I know a lot of folks who work there and adore it, I really love their product and I think I would've been able to make a big impact on their customer success team. The role was just not the right fit for me, but overall, it was one of the better interview processes I've been through in my career.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

209.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Jobber~1344000
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber (Edmonton, AB)

Interview

So, the interview is divided into a couple of parts. Only made it as far as the tech round but no one actually explained what the entire process is like so I can't speak for the other parts. What I saw was good enough for me to not consider them as a company that I'd want to work at. First, call from an HR screener. Talked about why I wanted to join, my experience, strengths/weaknesses, etc. The second part was with 2 technical folks. Looked to be senior people, but the questions were so poor. I didn't want to continue ahead after that round. For round 2, I went in expecting a behavioral interview because that's what HR told me, but it was technical + behavioral - not a big deal I was prepared for it. The problem was that the questions were not technical, yet they expected technical answers. I don't know why, but the process is broken. Q: Tell me about a time you've faced hardships. A: I proceed to tell them about such time. Q: No, tell me about a time you've faced hardships in a technical context. A:...... why didn't you ask that the first time? lol Q: Tell me about a time you have faced challenges A: *I was just asked this* I proceed to tell them about such time. Q: Ok, but specifically in the context of a technical problem. A: ..... I proceed to explain another scenario Q: Ok, but this latter scenario doesn't really tie into the first one, why would u mention it? A: ... Pikachu face Throughout the interview, I felt as if I was on trial. Guns were drawn, and they just wanted to pull apart my resume. In the end, they really drove the point in and asked me why they should hire ME specifically. At that point, I was completely done. I'm not going to beg for a job lol Anyways, I didn't go ahead with the interview and excused myself.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about a time you've faced hardships. Q: Tell me about a time you have faced challenges Q: Why should we hire you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jobber (Calgary, AB) in Mar 2022

Interview

After submitting the application, one HR rep will give you a phone call. If it goes well, then you will have an interview with the managers to know one another. They will ask about your resume and work life experience. Then you will be given a coding challenge. Out of two two problems, you need to solve one. Then, you will have interview with development team. They will ask questions about your solution approach and give you instantly another problem. Maybe after that, you will have an interview with CEO or someone and finally after successful recommendation, you will be given an offer to accept or reject. I was given the coding challenge and solved the problems. For some reason, I felt like one of the interviewers didn't like me. Because there is no reason, I might get a rejection. I solved two problems even I was supposed to solve one. They gave me an instant problem which was basically using for looping. I am comfortable while I code alone. In front of two developers whom I barely know, it was kinda stressful and they were commenting a lot while I was coding. Anyway, I solved the problem and they also gave me some hints but I had an impression that they would not hire you if they didn't like you for any reason. One of the interviewer seemed not very interested in me. I was quite confident that I will go for the next step but I got a rejection email later. Tips: They don't care about your skill or logic. They just evaluate how would you fit in their team.

Interview Questions
  • Implement a function that will return nextVersion of a software version. Implement a function that will print a clockwise spiral matrix

Jobber

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber in Mar 2022

Interview

Current employee referral, phone screen with Talent, functional take home assignment with four scenarios, group interview to go over assignment, Dept/client group interview, Exec interview. Approximately 4 weeks from start to offer. My experience with the Jobber team was the best candidate experience I have ever had with a potential employer. Kim from the talent team was amazing-so personable, transparent and helpful throughout the interview process. A strong people team led by a great leader. Thankful to have been considered for the role and member of the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jobber

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber

Interview

I found the interview process to be transparent and quick. There were no surprises along the way — everything was as expected. The team was appreciative of my time and very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • What's the first thing you would do in your first week on the job?

Jobber

Application

I interviewed at Jobber

Interview

4 interview. First step with the Hiring Manager. The next 2 steps are with two different Sales Manager. They will ask the same question over and over again. It showed their do not have enough experience and they are looking more for a "company fit". The pay is way below the market average.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Jobber

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Jobber

Interview

Long process, many rounds, asking the same kind of questions again and again. The design team seemed very cautious not letting anyone join easily, but to be honest, Jobber's UI is ugly, and the user flow is nowhere near intuitive.

Interview Questions
  • He basically asked "tell me all the details of how you did your previous design project", the same question in different ways, many times.

Jobber

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Jobber

Interview

I think the interview went very well. Though I did not bag the job. In my view I think i was only interviewed because my referral insisted on a company policy.

Interview Questions
  • Why will I like to work with Jobber?

Jobber

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Jobber in Nov 2021

Interview

I had a thirty mn phone interview with the Talent Attraction Manager. Nice and open, perfectly reflects the culture of the company. Did everything to make me feel comfortable. Very supportive and nice

Interview Questions
  • Talk to me about your background
Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Interviews