Joe's Crab Shack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Joe's Crab Shack Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Interview

they were nice and asked pretty easy questions. They didn't seem like they were rushed or anything which made me feel comfortable. They do check your references so make sure to actually have those in order.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Really easy. Ask some basic questions about your personality, work ethic, and availability. I did a group interview but still overall a good interview. Be confident and look in the interviewers eye.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

Interview

Interview was smooth. Ask basic interview questions about availability and things like that. Interviewer was very nice and didnt make you feel uncomfortable. They ask about regular work situations and ask you to describe a time someone has complimented your style. You will know if you got the job by the end of the interview. If you got the job they will tell you right then and there when to come in for orientation

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the General Manager about a week later. She asked me what position I would like to be interviewed for and then asked when I'd be available. I told her and set up an in person interview for the next week. It was a pretty easy going, short interview. She again asked me what position I was interested in. I told her, and then I was told the host position was filled so I was disappointed and confused as to why she even interviewed me. Sort of felt like a waste of everyone's time there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Joe's Crab Shack?   Answer Question
    • What is something you look for when you go to a restaurant as a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself (Tell me about yourself)...   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with dancing? (Although they don't dance as often anymore)   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy interview. She was a very friendly manager. Unfortunately they hired me as a hostess instead of a server, due to lack of serving experience. I love my new job.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had trouble at work and helped a coworker?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack (Myrtle Beach, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very short, I knew the interveiwer. She and I were friends before as well as another employee. She sat me down at a table and we had lunch and did the interview as we had lunch. haha it was cool

Interview Questions

• How much money did i require   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Interview

Was a group interview about 2 years ago. Made us dance (because we dance inbetween working), asked a few questions. Just stand out, they're looking for someone with a very outgoing personality.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

Interview

It was a simple interview process. Manager ask a couple questions about prior work history and scenario question on how I would handle certain situations. It was a laid back interview felt comfortable. I heard from the hiring manager the following day.

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

Interview

I applied and got a call back two days later. When on the interview two days later than that and got hired on the spot. As a host since i didnt have any experience in the restaurant.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I met with the manager who was on duty that day with my resume. She interviewed me there and then. She asked a few questions and went into her office for a couple of minutes. When she returned I was offered the job immediately and began working 5 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered the job given two t-shirts and a hiring packet which contained information about the role.