Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care

2.3

Associate Product Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Multiple team members including both 1up and 2up in-function roles. All behavioral formatted question with the expectation that responses will be structured within the STAR format. Most questions specific to role and experience but some also broad "show us how you think" questions.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the size of the bottle water market in the US in dollars - full stop, no inputs provided.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were straight forward - Compensation is generous for the local market and competitive with other markets.

Senior Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Must pass a test first issued by Ramsey Testing. Requires knowledge in Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Electrical, Electronics and General Math and Physic. Requires 100 of 125 pts. The rest of the interview is a general "if this what" type of interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a worst case incident you have been involved in and how you resolved it. what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had to negotiate the start wage. Stand up for what you believe you are worth. You determine it by what you agree it is.

Finance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

walk my through your resume, why j&, talk about the credo, talk about a time you had to compromise at work, talk about a time that you made a creative change to a process

Interview Questions

• walk up through a balance sheet   1 Answer

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I made it through the HR screening process and I was very transparent regarding the experience I did not have, based on what was in the job description. The HR recruiter assured me that my one weak area doesn't eliminate me. So I was then invited for a face to face interview a week or so later. This is where the experience starts to go down hill. I've been in management for many years and I don't bring in candidates unless I have first vetted them out myself and whomever else interviewing with me. This is to ensure I'm truly bringing in individuals that have a strong chance of being hired, I don't waste their time or mine. But when I started the interview it started to become quite clear either this wasn't done before inviting me. There is no worse feeling then feeling eliminated mid interview over and area of experience lack they you pointed out prior.

Interview Questions

• The two interviewers had a list of scripted questions ranging from general leadership/character questions and into specific technical experience. One interviewer starts to examine my resume, as if it was the first time he was really seeing it, and drills in on my lack of R&D experience. Well, I made that clear during the HR screen but somehow someone still invited me to the face to face. This was baffling to me, the interviewer then simply stereotyped me based on previous roles and said I was just a such and such type IT manager. Inside I'm thinking really..I have spent my last 12 years accepting new and different roles just for that reason but it was his way of eliminating me.   1 Answer

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Connected through the campus career fair. Had a screening interview the next day for about 30 minutes. Very typical behavioral Situation Task Action Result format. That let to a phone interview a week or two later. Similar STAR based questions but also more conversational learning more about the position. Was offered a spot a week or so later. Whole process took just under a month.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to make a decision that was unpopular?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was an internship so no negotiation, but it was very competitive. Great pay, highly subsidized living and travel expenses to relocate for the summer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and then a more in-depth one before doing a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then brought in to interview in-person with the hiring manager as well as some of the other key players who would interact with the role I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to negotiate in order to achieve the desired outcomes of a project or plan.   Answer Question

QA Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, about two months later I received a phone call from a recruiter to arrange for a phone screen. The whole process lasted for about 12 minutes. It was like a standard routine procedure and the questions were pretty straight forward. I didn't get a chance to ask any questions. The phone reception was poor. The timeframe to hear back from them is 1 week. I assume if anyone doesn't hear back from them, it can be assumed unsuccessful although your application status is still showing "active".
    To my surprise, after another 4 weeks, I received an email from a HR person to have another phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring person was unprepared and seemed to start browsing my resume while on the call to come up with questions. The call was disorganized. I was told there were a couple of calls to be made at the end of the call. The next steps would be to have another call with 2-3 persons before an on-site interview.
    I just received an offer from another company, so I had to withdraw my application because there is no definitive timeframe and the recruitment process is lengthy. No guarantee I would get the job. The company certainly needs to look into its recruitment process, every candidate won’t just apply or wait for 1 job.

Interview Questions

• With recruiter.
      Tell me about your current experience?
       Why do you want to work for us?
       What is your greatest accomplishment?
       With hiring person.
      Some basic statistical questions and assumptions
      What make you interested in the role based on the job description?
      Whether you have done this and that.
      How do you explain a statistical term to non-statistician?   Answer Question

Manager, U S Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I participated in 3 phone interviews. Topics included: broad background; team management; tech skills; etc.

I was flown in for a day long interview process. Everything was uber professional until arrival...once I arrived several interviewers were replaced, It was a mishap beyond belief of all process. I sat in a room for 15 minutes waiting for my first interview to show up. It was like a bad doctor appointment with random people coming in all day - after long delays - explaining that they were "new and a lot of people had jut been fired".

Quality Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

consisted of two online aptitude tests. Passing this next was an online interview where questions flashed on the screen and you had to answer. Quiet disconcerting talking to a computer screen. after this phase was a group assessment in a local hotel. we were sent to separate rooms where we were given a business problem. we then had to prepare a presentation on a flip chart and present our findings on the problems this fictitious company faced and how we would suggest remedying these problems. after this was a group task where were again given a problem which we had to try and solve as a group whilst under the scrutiny of representatives from Vistakon. one week later i was offered the role.

Interview Questions

• what interests you about this role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I was pleased with the initial offer and accepted