Jostens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jostens Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jostens.

Interview

Interview process was very cordial, easy to talk with and was allowed to ask questions throughout the entire process, including the extensive plant walk-through . It felt strange they started the process with the tour first, then back to the HR Mgr office to complete the interview. Questions were of a very simple nature. Indicated to me that neither of the 3 managers could go in depth with any Lean concepts, Kaizen, Gemba , etc. Their explanation of my question as to why is this position open, what happened to the last supervisor? They answered by telling me I was their 3rd or 4th person to be placed in the job because of various reasons, the supervisors offered this job before me either changed their mind, or quit on them. That was the 1st red flag. But they seemed nice, forthright, and down to earth to me so I believed them. When I explained to them my reason for looking, I shared my desire to have a more work/home life balance and they ASSURED me it was possible working for them. So, next day I received a phone call from the HR Mgr making me a lucrative job offer of $62,000 / yr and I asked him permission to consider while he gets the offer written up I finally got the written offer 3 days later and accepted the job. Then I turned around and wrote up a Rejection letter to another company which also had made an offer in that same week. Interview overall is easy, guys are easy to talk with so bc they are way behind in hiring another supervisor, if you are reading this bc you're about to go interview with Shelbyville plant, just be yourself and you'll get the job. But be prepared to live there 10 -12 hours six days (evenings for you ) guaranteed. Other than that and 3 names of which you will just have to figure out yourself, it's a great place for laid back supervisor who enjoys printing business. I am from Automotive industry who delivers measurable results. I produce change through small increments. Good luck to you!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could not win any negotiation : I asked to be classified as non exempt ONCE I was informed later that I will be coming in as exempt only. I wanted 3 weeks, they justified NO with saying the supervisors will have lots of extra time off during the 2 shutdown periods of Spring and Fall at Christmas. *NOTE- It is worthy of letting the potential candidates for the job to know this BEFORE going into an interview : upper mgmt WILL FORCE YOU TO USE A WEEK OF YOUR OWN VACATION TIME during the shutdowns. Not cool at all.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jostens (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

I met with the recruiter, the hiring manager and the director over lunch. Conversation was light and pleasant while I answered questions about my previous roles and some technical questions too. I think the interview was more or less a "chemistry test" to see about my personality since I had plenty of experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my most recent (current) role.   1 Answer

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jostens in June 2013.

Interview

The process was very quick. I got a call from a recruiter on a Tuesday, had an interview at 10am on Wednesday, and a job offer by Thursday afternoon. Interview was very thorough to ensure I had knowledge of the area, especially considering my degree does not match my field. Actual start date was pushed back quite a long time, but this was partially due to a mid-week holiday, which would have given us a strange, inefficient training schedule.

Interview Questions

• The toughest part was just the "pop quiz" he put me through. Asking basic technical and troubleshooting questions, how to start/stop services, how to troubleshoot network issues, what to do if a customer is unable to reach a webpage, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I could have negotiated, but, being my first job, the salary and benefits exceeded what I had expected to get and I happily accepted without any negotiation. They paid me above what my experience and schooling should have granted me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jostens (Edina, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

Very similar to all other interview processes for this position at other companies. First there is the phone screen with HR and then a call from a senior developing asking some questions related to experience as well as more technical questions. Half an hour with the manager(s) and then an hour with the technical team. There was also another few minutes with HR at the end to go over the benefits. The final portion may not apply for more senior positions.

Interview Questions

• What is an interface? How is it used in Java?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was my first job out of college so I did not have much to leverage other than other offers. I simply told them that I wanted a week to think everything through.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jostens (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview was a bit jaded due to the fact I was coming from the inside after being a sales representative for several years. The questions are panel, stock questions from a hiring manual such as, "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with direct supervisor." "How did you resolve the situation?"

Interview Questions

• How would you manage an independent contractor when he or she disagrees with the direction you are asking them to go?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I told them where I needed to be salary wise and they countered with a number and added a sign on bonus

Jeweler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jostens (Owatonna, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

I was first interviewed at a job fair by the plant manger. And interviewed by the shop lead. Both were handled good.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult of unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated starting wages without any problems