Joy Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Joy Global

2.1

Sort:

Commercial Manager Interview

Interview

Head hunters process...

Corporate Position Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global.

Interview

Company had me go through an extensive interview process that consisted of 4 interview sessions with different individuals within the organization. However; within the interviews I was immediately told that I would be a good fit for the company and knew that if I was interested in the position I could have the job.

Interview Questions

• My interview did not have any surprises, the typical questions that are asked for my expertise were asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was ok, no technical questions, just all behavioral and stuff. They just asked me how I manage my time, what I prefer doing, why I wanted to work there and stuff. Seemed pretty laid back and very friendly though.

Welder Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Joy Global in April 2011.

Interview

Simply easy. There was no interview all I did was do a 1 inch plate test and I was an employee. The field manager at the time knew when to hire a person based on welding test an there work ethic.

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Joy Global (Tucson, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

In a room with two interviewers at the university I go to. I met one of the intervers the day before at a career fair at school. They took my phone number and told me they would give me a call later that day. The interview was set up for the next day.

Interview Questions

• Enplane when you were in a leadership position and succeeded.   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global (Longview, TX).

Interview

Two interviews. Happened years ago. Not much to say. Came it, tol em my experience, started working a couple weeks later. Been working ever since. Although they do lie about advancement and 90/180 day raises

Interview Questions

• You were asked to do basic math and conversions   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered, I accepted

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by four people for 30 minutes each. The on site interview was OK. My phone screen round one, phone screen round two, and in person interview were all for different positions. I would be advanced a round then informed that the role I was going for was filled but asked if I would be interested in another role. It felt disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What specifically from the 5S tool will you bring to the company?   1 Answer

IT Applications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Basically didn't need to go thru the hiring/interviewing process, I had worked there several years as a contractor and they knew what they were getting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to take a pay cut going from contractor to employee, and they told me their offer was the max HR would allow for the position. I bitched, they threw in an extra week of vacation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joy Global (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

I was taken into a room and I was able to sit down and speak to who would be my immediate supervisors. I was asked about my experience and why I want ed to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging aspect about my current role   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Joy Global (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Back to back interviews beginning with the HR rep followed by individual interviews with each of the Sales Managers. All had a list of different questions to ask. It was interesting and exciting. I did not have to spell out / translate how my previous experience would easily transfer to the position I was being considered for. It was a very positive experience which reflects how much people are respected on this company. It was a breath of fresh air.

Interview Questions

• Tellw about a failure you had in your last job and what you learned from it?   1 Answer