Joy Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2016

2.2

Advanced Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Joy Global (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a head hunter and the entire interview process took close to 2 months. The phone screen was about 1 hour where the 2 engineers in the team I was interviewing with went over my resume and additional "How did you do this" kind of questions from your previous work experience. Be prepared with your resume.

Onsite interview was mostly to see your face and get to know you kind of questions before they offer you a job or to see if you fit the culture. Be prepared for some behavioral questions for onsite. You will have several rounds where you will have the chance to meet from Director of Engineering, to Managers and Engineers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Joy Global? What is most appealing to you about this position?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Joy Global (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Back to back interviews beginning with the HR rep followed by individual interviews with each of the Sales Managers. All had a list of different questions to ask. It was interesting and exciting. I did not have to spell out / translate how my previous experience would easily transfer to the position I was being considered for. It was a very positive experience which reflects how much people are respected on this company. It was a breath of fresh air.

Interview Questions

• Tellw about a failure you had in your last job and what you learned from it?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was ok, no technical questions, just all behavioral and stuff. They just asked me how I manage my time, what I prefer doing, why I wanted to work there and stuff. Seemed pretty laid back and very friendly though.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Joy Global (Tucson, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

In a room with two interviewers at the university I go to. I met one of the intervers the day before at a career fair at school. They took my phone number and told me they would give me a call later that day. The interview was set up for the next day.

Interview Questions

• Enplane when you were in a leadership position and succeeded.   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global (Longview, TX).

Interview

Two interviews. Happened years ago. Not much to say. Came it, tol em my experience, started working a couple weeks later. Been working ever since. Although they do lie about advancement and 90/180 day raises

Interview Questions

• You were asked to do basic math and conversions   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered, I accepted

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions with specific questions regarding information on resume. There were no real questions regarding technical information, just asking what programs and projects were completed in the past for previous employers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a signing bonus but no pay increase.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interview process consisted of meet and greet through on-campus career fair, phone conversations, and one on one interviews with would be direct supervisor, department manager, and HR representative. Interview process was surprisingly easy and conversational, mostly questions about how the department operates and how my experience could relate to their current challenges and goals.

Interview Questions

• Questions were casual in nature, typical behavioral questions with no unexpected curve balls.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At an intern level I did not feel comfortable negotiating for additional compensation.

Electrical Engineer Design Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Joy Global (Franklin, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was hired through an agency, but had 2 interviews in the office. The first interview was a group of 3 people from engineering department and 2 HR ladies. Easy interview but nerve wrecking having to be interviewed by a panel of people.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with electrical components?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered more than I was asking for for compensation.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Joy Global (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Started with the basic phone interview which lead to an in person interview. Overall the interviews were straightforward, but things seemed unorganized as I had to follow up with the recruiter at each step in the process. Everyone was friendly in the process. I didn't have a complete understanding on the position until late in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to work within a team to resolve an issue.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your knowledge or hydraulic and electrical systems.   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Interview

Head hunters process...