KBW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KBW Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KBW in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my school's career services website. Took about 2 weeks to hear back and scheduled an on-campus interview for about 10 days later. Interview was a pretty standard 2 on 1 30-minute first round with a mix of behavioral and technical. Behavioral questions were pretty straight forward - why KBW? why IB? biggest weakness? What should I know about you that's not on your resume? That last one threw me a little. Technicals started pretty easy, however, make sure if you mention a multiple used for valuation, you completely understand it and what can drive different multiples in two similar companies.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at KBW (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting and the first round was completely behavioral. Walking through resume, very conversational with the interviewer. Made it to the Superday in Richmond where I talked to 4 associates and analysts throughout the day. I really liked everyone I talked to but I didn't have as much experience as many of the other candidates.. struggled to answer a few questions on valuation. There were 20 people at the Superday and 2 got offers.

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking?Explain investment banking like you're talking to a 10 year old. Why not consulting? Favorite Excel shortcut?   Answer Question

Equity Sales Trader/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KBW (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a very simple process for the first round. All behavioral and background questions. Are very interested on why you would be the perfect fit for KBW. The interview took place on the college campus and the process took about a week for them to get back. The interviewer was a great and laid back guy

Senior Analyst - Policies and Procedures Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KBW (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted about the job through a recruiter. The interview process took about two weeks between submitting my resume and getting to the second round. For the 1st round, I met with the Director I would be reporting to. We went over my resume and experience, and discussed the position at length. I was also asked behavioral questions. Interview took 1.5hrs or so. I also quickly met with the CCO and another Director.

Second round was scheduled for the following week. I met with the Director again and another CCO. Received a verbal offer a little less than 2 weeks later. Offer letter took a few weeks after that.

Training Program Interview

Interview

I was contacted for an interview for the training program they are bringing back through a connection. It moved rather quickly for them to bring me in. But I was never contacted after, for rejection or acceptance. Even after emailing each person I met with, only one person replied back "wishing me luck".

IB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KBW (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was one interview at the University I attend. One on one. All behavioral. I was pretty unqualified for the job. Needless to say I didn't get the offer. It was a good experience though.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Pretty stuffy overall. Firm is going through a major consolidation due to recent merger with Stifel. Met with 2nd guy in line within Research and he didn't seem too interested at all in hiring anyone.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KBW (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Several step interview process with the Senior salespeople and then the Head of Sales. Also spoke with several research team members, as salespeople interact with and bounce ideas off of the research team all the time. Was mostly behavioral questions and why you're a good fit for the role.They also asked to put together a 3-5 year business plan including what you would be doing, and how much revenue you would be bringing in for the firm.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KBW in January 2011.

Interview

In-person interviews with other Vice Presidents who have worked for the Managing Director who was the hiring manager. They told me about the position, who I would be working for, what I would be doing, and asked me questions about my previous work experience and what I was looking to do now. Then the Managing Director came in to interview me. I also had breakfast with the head of investment banking and i believe the head of capital markets, can't recall, but two senior level guys. From there, the decision was really up to the Managing Director as the person would have to work for him.

Interview Questions

• For me, it was a question asked by the hiring person (Managing Director) and he said "what would you do here?" and at that point, it seemed obvious to me, but he must have had some other concern because I was coming from the buyside.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KBW (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

On campus interview and then called into the office for a super day where I met with 8 people.