KEMET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KEMET (Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and simple. The HR guys were very positive. It was mostly based on a technical questions, but they also wanted to reveal my personality through "problem solving" questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone to do something they didn’t want to do?   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KEMET in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on indeed.com for their entry level FAE position on Monday night. The next day I got an email from the HR manager that she would like to have a quick chat over the phone. Scheduled it for the next day(a Wednesday)and we talked for 15 mins. It was basic stuff like why you want to work here, why should we hire you and if I met their qualifications. 2 days later(Friday) she called back and said that she would like to schedule a phone interview with the senior FAE. I scheduled it for Tuesday. The FAE called me and we talked for 45 minutes. He went over the classes I studied in college and the projects I mentioned on my resume. He also asked questions on how you work under pressure and with a team and if I was ok to travel and work really hard. I thought the interview went well. 3 days later I get an email saying that they had moved on and that they had more qualified candidates.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KEMET (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR to schedule a brief behavioral interview, then got an email from the same employee to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. I was informed that the interview would be more technical, but it still felt behavioral.

FAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KEMET (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Spoke with HR twice before visiting a regional office. Whole process took less than a month. The staff were very friendly and prompt when replying to emails. They very informative of the whole process every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain technical concepts to those not familiar.   1 Answer

Client and Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KEMET (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There were a lot of little interviews. I had a 15 minute interview with an internal recruiter, a 30 minute interview with HR, and an hour long conference call interview with the Director of Sales, Director of Client Services and one other person. I had a follow up, in person interview with the Director of Client Services and a final interview with the Area Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle adversity and work with a customer when the company was at fault and I can't meet their demands?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They came with an offer and did not budge or waver. They low balled me.

Applications/Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KEMET (Edinburg, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I got contacted for the phone interview via email a week or so after applying and the next day I got the phone call which lasted around twenty minutes a lot of questions about how to response to customers questions, how to make presentations and situations where you had to make good choices. I still had not hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• How can you explain somebody a technical theory or process if they are not familiar with those complex theories?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at KEMET (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and tedious. I had to go two times. One time I met with the executive. The second time I had to go back and be interviewed by the whole team. In total 7 people interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• All the questions you can imagine. I was asked typical and unusual interview questions.   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Interview

Absolutely the most unprofessional and insulting interview process I have ever encountered. Had initial contact, then was contacted on short notice for a phone screen that was to occur 90 minutes later. After clearing my schedule, that phone screen was cancelled with 15 minutes' notice due to "an emergency," and I would be contacted about a reschedule. After five weeks of no response, I was advised that another candidate was in the final stages.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KEMET in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was quick most of my questions were answered and I felt that I got a great idea as to what the company does and what was expected from me.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KEMET (Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted about 45 minutes with two people, one from HR, one from the Procurement department. Personality questions were asked. What is my ideal job looking like? What I do in my free time?

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions relevant to the work experience listed in the CV   Answer Question