KIPP Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 198 of over 198 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at KIPP Schools

Featured Interview

KIPP Schools

Application

I interviewed at KIPP Schools

Interview

Well organized and student focused. The school leader laid out school goals and current focuses. The children in the sample lesson were very attentive, well mannered, and bright. Very enjoyable experience

Interview Questions
  • Describe your previous experience in education
    Answer Question

KIPP Schools

Application

I interviewed at KIPP Schools

Interview

easy, general questions including my major, skills, and teaching background. they asked me questions related to my cv and everything was pretty fair. this was all during my first interview and didnt hear back from them

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

KIPP Schools

Application

I interviewed at KIPP Schools

Interview

the interview was productive and not stressful at all. the administrators who i spoke with were supportive and they were both very knowledgeable about their school and KIPP in general.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me what I think about the achievement gap between BIPOC and low income students versus more affluent students

KIPP Schools

Application

I interviewed at KIPP Schools

Interview

Straightforward, multiple rounds led by HR team. First round was a phone screen, then mock site visit with regional leadership followed by sit down with Executive Director. Thorough vetting but did a good job of giving you an insight to the organization and what you would be fundraising for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

KIPP Schools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIPP Schools

Interview

Great interview with laid back leaders. I had a great feeling with them . I seem to fit in right away. They have a great support system. Evaluations only is a plus!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

KIPP Schools

Application

I interviewed at KIPP Schools

Interview

It was a great interview. They were friendly, kind and made me feel comfortable. I felt at home already. It was nothing but smiles and laughter. I was very at ease.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

KIPP Schools

Application

I interviewed at KIPP Schools

Interview

There are a lot of steps. First you submit an application. Then a phone interview then you will meet with the hiring staff that want you to create a mock lesson.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

KIPP Schools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIPP Schools

Interview

the interview was through zoom. I did the interview with my phone. It was easy they ask a question and then you have so many seconds to answer it. They allow two attempts just incase you are not okay with the first one.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

KIPP Schools

Application

I interviewed at KIPP Schools

Interview

We set up an interview through email. The interviewer called when she said she would and proceeded to ask me questions about my interests, career, and opportunities I could have through KIPP.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

KIPP Schools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIPP Schools in May 2021

Interview

It started with a phone interview, which was pretty laid back and easy. The Vice Principal was friendly and invited me over for an interview. The in-person interview was a half-day affair, which consisted of a tour with a student, speaking with teachers, being interviewed in a panel by three people, and giving a demo lesson and getting feedback/ reflecting on it. Overall I would say the staff was friendly and I really loved working with the students. The principal and director were intimidating, though. My main issues with the experience were the following: 1. The amount of time and effort required just in order to not get hired. I put a lot of heart and energy into my demo lesson and came prepared with questions and researched the school to the best of my abilities. The whole process was half a day, plus the hours I spent preparing. 2. They were unorganized in some ways. The details I was given were not all correct (like the time for the end of the interview- which was frustrating since I needed a ride). The interviewer also forgot to give me the behavioural interview before having me go onsite to interview and gave me the interview after, which was frustrating. I had already interviewed with them and was stressed and nervous from afterwards. 3. The way they followed up with me when in the end they didn't hire me. The interviewer was very communicative with me, even though she already had told me she would get back with me. She called on a Friday telling me needed a couple of extra days, just to call me on Friday night in order to give me bad news. In the end, it ruined my night. In summary: They need to work on being more professional about the process and giving correct information about the interview. The positive thing I would say about my experience was that the interviewer offered to coach me through lesson planning and was very available to help. Her feedback was helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Do you use data driven methods for teaching? How do you get students attention? What experience do you have working with children in underserved areas? Describe a time you lead a group of people.

KIPP Schools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIPP Schools in May 2021

Interview

After my resume was reviewed, I was invited to complete a pre-recorded video interview. There were 10 questions in total. It consisted of about 5 long-response questions. There were practice questions to get acquainted with the video interview process and at the end there were contact information questions, in the event that I would be invited for a 2nd & final person-to-person interview.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why do you want to work for Kipp Metro Atlanta? 2. Describe a challenging situation you had at work, how you navigated it and the results. 3. Describe a time when you had a conflict with a student and how you handled it. 4. Describe a project that you received constructive feedback on and how it impacted your performance moving forward. 5. What are your strengths, areas of development, and three words former supervisors would use to describe you?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Interviews