KPFF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPFF (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of only a phone interview. Two people interviewed me and asked me questions concerning my background in professional and academic work. Then they quizzed me on general engineering knowledge. The overall interview process was very smooth and not intimidating what-so-ever. The actual interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a moment frame and a braced frame.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPFF in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was called back for an interview. An engineer and associate interviewed me for an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Simple test covering wide range of structural engineering   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The intern was more than 2 hours in LA office. First some principles came and interviewed me. We talked about many personal things. Then I was given a exam paper to do some tech problems. Then I got a chance to talk about the exam with some expert.

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPFF in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for this firm online. The problem is that the positions do not actually exist. The job for this position would only be available a year later. It seems they were using the interviews to get free marketing and engineering consulting. They failed to read my resume because they falsely claimed I never responded to RFIs or managed projects. If these people cannot read resumes, imagine how they design buildings.

Interview Questions

• What is the basis for AASHTO?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPFF in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I was asked questions to gauge competency. I met with the admin manager and other members of the admin team who gave me a tour. I also took skill level tests for MS Office and spelling/grammar. It was a super easy and casual experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPFF (Bozeman, MT) in February 2014.

Interview

Met, in person, with two individuals at the firm. Bland interview; robotic questions; not a lot of opportunities to expand on answers/sell myself; awkward seating locations made for a strange interaction/visual contact with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Quiz regarding fundamental engineering questions.   1 Answer

KPFF Response

Mar 28, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

I believe this review is for the wrong company. KPFF does not have a Bozeman, MT office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPFF (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview mainly focused on research and one's knowledge. The human resource manager was good and smiling. He asked for water when i entered. They asked for an technical questions and my background.

Interview Questions

• What are your courses in Master's?   1 Answer

Structural Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Was called for an interview about 2 or 3 weeks after applying. Met with an associate engineer who was very easy going and generally easy to talk with. After speaking with the associate I spoke with two younger entry level engineers about their experience starting out with KPFF. The experience was not stressful and I felt like it went very well.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions just general interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPFF (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process took a long time. This company only hires when they are ready and willing to make a career-long commitment. KPFF's interview process is a mix of technical and profession-related questions, and provides an opportunity for interviewees to speak about their interests and accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to attend the school you attended?   Answer Question
    • Compare the stiffness of the following three structures: moment frame, braced frame, shear wall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are plenty of benefits that come with your employment, and room for advancement once hired.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPFF (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from HR for an interview at the Los Angeles office. Got interviewed by 3 associates (separately), each lasting more than hour (the first one was 1 hr 40mins). Overall, very positive environment, I thought the interviews went great. The guys were friendly too.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a mistake by the contractor (specific example given). My background was mostly in wood structures, so they asked a lot of questions about wood, finding loadpaths, uplifts, overturning moments (simple stuff). The last interviewer asked some question about concrete reinforcement and retaining walls. I was also handed a booklet of about 10 questions, which included drawing bending moment and shear diagrams for a beam, stress-strain relationships, stifness questions, column buckling etc.

Behavioral:
      How do you prioritize work?
      how do you deal with something that makes you struggle or challenges you?   Answer Question