Kaltura Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaltura Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

3.2

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura.

Interview

The Skype meeting lasted about 1.5 hours.

Here they ask me several questions about my company and experience then they made me take a test which was not difficult, but it was a little confusing.

One week later they send me a email saying " we unable to offer you a position at this time."

Kaltura Does Not Respect Your Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was ridiculous. I was contacted by their upper management through linkedin. I was invited to speak with hiring managers for a specific department. Before interview times I made them well aware that I am currently working, and that I may need to miss a meeting with them if I had high severity work that needed to be done. I also advised them that I was on call during the interview process and had very little sleep the week we had the interview. I was given a test that would take approx 6 hrs to complete, but was told it would take 2 hours max. Part of this test was downloading and installing an image to Amazon's s3, anyone knows that's a half hour at least there, and another half hour to upgrade and update. The "test" began with missing RPMs and bad dependencies, then went into mysql installation issues in the install scripts... I told them that I didn't have time for much, and we could have moved the testing phase to the next weekend... so they said I wasn't fit for that position because I couldn't finish their unfair test on my very little time available! But the next department wanted to interview me. I had to miss the second interview due to conditions on my job, had a sev1 outage issue to lead. I wrote them immediately and apologized profusely. I waited for a response, they were typically over a week to respond to me, and after ten days I had no response so I sent another email asking if they were still interested in trying. I got dressed down in a reply by that manager, advising that I would be a bad employee because I waited ten days to reply, but because of my "unique" mixture of talents and training I was just right for the job and they would like to give me another chance... I replied back with the email and the headers showing that I had replied that day I missed the interview, and I received another reply stating that I was now not qualified for that position. This tells me a few things about the company, but mostly that they are incredibly inconsiderate of my time, and I can see how that would play out if I were to become an employee how we have many comments regarding Kaltura here on Glassdoor stating that Kaltura does not respect their employees. It also tells me that their management does not really consider the facts when it comes down to who is right and who is wrong, and that they're hiring yes men. Well, they are right, I'm not a yes man, so I'm not fit for a position with Kaltura.

I immediately contacted the person who originally reached out to me and advised them that I was no longer interested in pursuing employment with Kaltura. That person seemed a bit more responsive than their middle management, apologized for my experience, and assured me that they would be looking into the issue.

Vice President, Global Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

This interview process started on November 18th and just came to a close yesterday February 9th. The company had a very difficult time defining this role. The first interview was via telephone with the company HR liaison and an outside leadership and development coach, . After the telephone conversation I was asked to come in and meet with the HR liaison for 30 minutes so she could meet me face to face before meeting the CFO and CEO.
    After the 30 minute interview more than a month went by and I was asked to come back in for another 30 minutes and this time their leadership and development coach was present. I had asked why the lapse in time and they told me "we were really trying to clearly define the role" Once this 3rd meeting concluded, I was told to expect a call to set aside a time to meet with the CEO the following week while he was in town. Two weeks went by and an interview was arranged by the liaison to meet with the CEO during their "sales summit". A couple of days prior to the interview with the CEO I received this email from their leadership and development coach

CEO is looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at 11am. Please call Allison if you have any trouble getting in.

Just as a heads-up before meeting with the CEO, I think he is clear that he wants someone with a tech / start-up background in this role so whatever you can do to highlight your experiences that are relevant to the “scrappiness” and entrepreneurial feel of a start-up would be very beneficial.

Good luck!

I showed up for my interview with the CEO, and from the very start it was evident that he was in a hurry not at all engaged in the discussion... he was on his phone texting or answering emails and it was very distracting. He was not at all welcoming in any way. I felt as if I had taken him away from something very pressing and that this interview was simply a formality. It was extremely uncomfortable and he was extremely unprofessional. Hiring the right HR person is paramount for any organization and this interview is a clear indication on why they still don't have the person and how they most likely will not hire the right person. When the interview concluded he stood up and walked away, he did not shake my hand or assist me on how to exit the building.
    A week later, I received the email below.

After meeting with our few favorite candidates last week, the CEO has decided to go in a different direction (he really enjoyed meeting with you, by the way!). It seems he is looking for even more international and "scrappy" start-up / tech experience. If I get any more detailed feedback, I'm happy to pass that along.

I want to thank you for going through this process with us and for your time and energy (and patience!). I wish you all the very best as you discover your next role - whichever company that ends up being will be lucky to have you!

Interview Questions

• There were not many questions asked, I did most of the asking   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura.

Interview

The process was very smooth - there was clear communication, follow up, and an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What did the other interviewer say about you? In this interview the interviewer kept a rapid pace and asked questions that were very insightful. It was clear that this person wanted to test what a person was like. I actually enjoyed this approach as it was challenging and insightful about the interviewer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy, probably the easiest I have every had.

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Since I was out of state, I had a number of phone calls over a few weeks. It ended up being 5+ calls, which I thought was a bit excessive. The position was new, but they dragged out the process while making it feel urgent for me to respond quickly. I went through the same hour-long talk with 4 different people, and few asked different questions. They could have just planned better and all jumped on a call together, would have been much more respectful of my time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a short exercise in excel to make sure that I was up to the position, as it was a new one at the company.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Contacted by HR Director and interviewed over the phone, then interviewed with head of department in person at their office. About a week of time between the two and received feedback and offer within 2 days/

Interview Questions

• Comparison of features across a variety of CRM and ERP software platforms, Salesforce, SAP, etc. They both use and cater to these companies and will need to see how much you know about their presence.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their base rate is $75k and will increase or decrease depending on experience and familiarity with computers and web technologies. Salesforce certification will be a huge plus

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaltura.

Interview

i had interview with the solution architect TL in english.
    the first part of the interview was about myself and professional experience with emphasis to video broadcasting.
    the second part was professional simulation.

Interview Questions

• How to enable continuous video watching in a mobile app when there is a lot of communication interruption   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaltura in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted back in April 2016 about this role I actually found work so did not pursue next steps.
    I recently reached out informing that I were on the job market and the company are still hiring.
    Today a lady coming off maternity called me out of the blue after 15mins said I didn't mention project related answers-she didn't specifically ask as it was so unstructured that I talked about roles relevant to Kaltura concerning IPTV and video conferencing as well as Telepresence.
    I did then go on to explain duration of projects and typical project planning components as well as technical issues and solution design

Interview Questions

• What examples of your career are relevant to Kaltura   1 Answer
    • what challenges did you face and how did you overcome them   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramat Gan (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura (Ramat Gan (Israel)) in November 2015.

Interview

I got to there offices and met the team leader and a team member. After one sentence about the company (video bla bla) they quickly dived into technical questions -fine by me.
    The questions weren't hard and I answered most of them, but all along they acted very rude. Smiled to each other when I talked, refused to clarify questions ("just do what you think"), didn't tell me if my answers were right or wrong, noted nasty comments ("you don't know what a binary tree is and you start to implement search?"). Even not a single question was elaborated in order to create some discussion.
    They didn't tell me anything about their project, and I didn't get the chance to tell about my work.
    I got the feeling they interviewed so many people and just fed up with it.
    I did many interviews - this one was a disgusting experience.

Interview Questions

• descibe angular digest cycle   1 Answer
    • search value in a binary tree   1 Answer

Senior Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaltura (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Telephone screening interview
    2. Face to face interview with head of sales
    3. Presentation to the senior sales team on Kaltura
    4. Face to face with head of pre sales tech support
    4. Call with head of HR
    5. Call with a member of the senior management team

This was orchestrated through a specialist agency over the course of about 30 days from start to end.

Interview Questions

• Why Kaltura?
      Why video?
      How do you sell, whats your approach?
      1 Answer