Kana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kana Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Interview

Three phone interviews - one with the Human Resources personnel who went over typical questions asked including behavioral questions. There were questions also related to the types of engagements I had worked in the past that enabled me to apply for the role, and why I was a good fit.

This was followed by phone screenings by two people at the Senior Director and Director level: one, to whom I was going to work with, and another who was at the same level. These interviews were more in-depth and went indepth into Project Management and best practices. There were also situational questions that asked about how best to address scenarios presented.

After these two rounds, there were two in-person interviews: the first was with the Senior Director, and the second was with the VP of Professional Services.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a new client that was brought onboard?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kana.

Interview

HR phone Call, Technical Phone Interview and a final face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Basic OOPS concepts, MVC concepts, Spring framework, SQL stored procedured, JBOSS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non- negotiable

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kana in February 2014.

Interview

My resume was pushed toward top because of good reference already in the company. Most pre-interview communication was with HR in Sunnyvale. She was very, very helpful and friendly. We set up a phone interview as the position was located in Bedford, NH and I am in the southeast US. Phone interview took about 1 hour and had typical questions about technical knowledge regarding items on my resume. I requested the hiring manager's email to send a thank-you for interview letter. 1 week goes by with no word. On the 2nd week, I sent an inquiry email to HR and was pleasantly surprised to hear my first interview went well and we would proceed to an in person interview.

The initial plan was to fly the hiring manager to my location, but then the plan changed so that i could meet with the hiring manager and his team in Chicago....a panel interview. They flew me up to Chicago for a one day trip. It took about 4 weeks to be reimbursed for the trip.

Two team members were nice and had some technical questions as well as some personality background questions..."What was the worst mistake you've ever done in a company and how did you handle it?" One of the members asked about some basic SQL+ statements. But then the manager decided to expand on some more challenging SQL+ statements.

It was about two weeks after the in-person interview that I received a job offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What does this SQL statement return? The manager was on video-skype, so he was able to type out a big statement. I don't remember the statement, but it included some inner-outer joining of tables.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR sent a series of initial pre-interview questions which included: Are you willing to relocate? Salary expectation? etc... I had researched the average salary for this position and bumped it up a little since I would have to relocate.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kana.

Interview

Process went very smooth and quick.

Interview Questions

• There was not anything out of the norm in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation. They were firm on offer

PR Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kana (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied for Kana's PR intern through their website and called to follow up. Received an invitation for an in-person interview. However, after telling me that I was accepted, there was a two week delay and finally, the secretary notified me that the position could not be moved forward at the time.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer simply showed me some videos describing Kana and what the marketing and pr time were responsible for. The interview was very short and there were no difficult or unexpected question. It was rather easy but it is important to be thoroughly prepared to talk about yourself and experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kana (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First was telephonic interview. For personal interview went down to their office for interview, the interviewer didnt even knew that an interview was scheduled.. This was right from HR to team who was going to interview. How unprofessional!
    Later I was interviewed by CTO and the mentioned that we move to this point when we are finalizing. After asked for coming and understanding how they work, they promised on sending the offer letter. VP personally shook hands and mentioned that. Then no response from HR and suddenly one day, rechanging their decision.
    I had a very horrible experience. People are just rude..! Dont even think of going and joining this company.

Interview Questions

Promised for offer letter and kept changing their words. Had horrible experience with such unprofessional ppl and work..Those are thinking of getting interviewed I would suggest please look for some other company. Giving word and minding it, isn't understood by Kana.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kana (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

I had several phone interviews, couple face to face group interviews and final phone interview with CTO

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said that salary is not negotiable.

My advice is try to negotiate salary at this point because it is almost impossible to get raise or promotion

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kana (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Hiring process very smooth and HR got back very soon with the response.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kana (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

My initial contact with the company was positive via the application and conversation with the recruiter, but then everything went downhill fast. Attended an interview with less than 24 hours notice (due to "being able to fit into the hiring managers diary"). I then never heard anything from the company for over two months despite me asking for updates every couple of weeks. Finally received a rejection but received positive feedback.

A second position then become available a few months later and beyond my better judgment I made contact with the company again as the benefits and working environment seemed positive. Attended an interview with the director (as I was able to "jump" the initial interview) but I heard absolutely nothing back. An terrible way to treat potential colleagues.

The entire process left me with an awful impression of the company, both as a candidate as a potential customer in the future. My advice would be to avoid.

Interview Questions

• General chat with hiring manager then competency based interview with director.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kana (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Interview via skype. Not very difficult. Applied for Senior Java Developer so questions were focused on my experience, projects I worked on, what stages of project creation I was involved. Also technical java test and OOP test.