Kangaroo Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kangaroo Express Interview Questions

Interviews at Kangaroo Express

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Apex, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Apex, NC) in July 2009.

Interview

I walked into the store, which had a now hiring sign, and asked about the available position. I spoke with the store manager right off the bat and then after passing my background check was interviewed by the store manager and the district manager at the time.

Interview Questions

• When asked why I wanted to work at the Kangaroo Express   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Jacksonville Beach, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Application via website will lead to contact initiated by District Manager. Interview is conducted followed by a validation of current driver license standing and background check. Compensation offer is presented.

Negotiation

Was mislead into thinking my request for at least $12.25 was at the cap for managers with my experience when in actuality the cap was $14.50

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

Called the very next day after I submitted my application and psychological assessment online. Interviewed 2 days later with store manager, then 2 separate district managers all in the same day. Typical interview questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses...etc...etc.

Interview Questions

• All were pretty predictable as they went by scripted questions. Same as with most employers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was offered $9 hour and accepted as I was desperate for a job. Not what I expected or wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Morrisville, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Met the store manager through a friend; no formal interview. Met the district manager a week later and he only asked a few questions about my previous work experience. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Hilton Head Island, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

Was basically asked if I was ok working with mostly female staff and few hours a week. A less formal and more in depth interview of sorts was given at the training location, but that was not any sign of what the actual job was going to be like.

Interview Questions

• Can I work the graveyard shift?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application, was called a day later and asked to come in to interview two days later.
    Talked to the manager about what goes on in the store, daily routines, responsibilities and was accepted on spot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, she asked if anything would come up on my background check, I said no.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for minimum wage starting as a part-time college student.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Fayetteville, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

There was about 30 applicants. We had to hold hands in a circle and say our name and our favorite movie. we sectioned off into five groups. we had to play London Bridge and some other kids games. It was rather immature.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Fayetteville, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

I was called fairly quick. Interview was very laid back, manager asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst customer service youve received.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gautier, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Gautier, MS) in June 2012.

Interview

The job application was a little long and you have to be sure to fill out the assessment. Afterwards, go to the store and talk to the hiring manager (they're usually there in the morning) and leave your name and number. If you get called in for an interview, you will first be seen by the hiring manager. If they approve, then you will be interviewed by the District Manager who will make the final decision. You will then do a four day training period at one of the stores before you go to your home store (i.e. the store that you applied for). After that, you just watch, listen, and learn!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Kangaroo Express?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kangaroo Express (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview in store with store manager. no drug screen or background check. no formal interview at all. the whole process from walk-in to offer took at most 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Do you have cash register experience?   1 Answer