Keller ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Keller ISD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2016

Interviews for Top Jobs at Keller ISD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keller ISD (Keller, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

First it was application interview process online and then face to face interview with the administrator. Some questions were intense but I was myself and answer the best way possible. This would be my first year teaching but I had some difficult time with some questions.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keller ISD (Keller, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

In order to be hired as a substitute teacher, applicants had to complete and submit a series of paperwork. Once our paperwork was submitted, each of us had to complete and pass online training courses and attend a substitute orientation. The process was not difficult or time-consuming. All district employees who assisted me during the process were extremely friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have as a substitute teacher in other districts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay and job details were already set.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keller ISD (Keller, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Long online application process. Background check and thumb printing required. Got a phone call from the principal of the school asking for interview. Interviewed with principal only. Good experience. Super friendly. Be prepared for some tough questions. Lots of tricky questions. Got a call from HR about a week later offering me the job.

Negotiation

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Keller ISD (Keller, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I was hired right out of college by Keller. The interview was conducted by four people-the principal, assistant principal, dean of academics, and head of my department. They asked me very difficult, but useful questions. They called me within a week letting me know that they were recommending me to HR for the position. HR called within the week with an actual job offer and emailed the contract for me to sign via email.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to manage your time so that you aren't continually swamped with grading?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Keller, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Keller ISD (Keller, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

very friendly, speak to principal and vice principal in a panel-style interview. they ask you several questions that should be answered in star format (look it up). Just be kind and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• star situational questions dealing with students and parents   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Keller, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Keller ISD (Keller, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

One has to apply through district website including completion of a short personality and teaching philosophy type test. Depending on when you apply it may anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months to get an interview. You will likely get called by the school principal to set up initial interview. Depending on the school/principal and program applying for you may just meet with the principal or as in the case of bilingual or language teacher position will need to meet with minimum 1 or more of the team to interview in the target language thus assessing your skills and qualifications in your specified area. Principal 1x1 and team interviews may come first or second depending on school. In some instances you may be offered the position pending HR approval on the spot as in my first time hiring or you may have to wait until all candidates have been interviewed before a decision is made. Again depending on the principal you will likely be called back with an offer if you are to receive one and then have to wait for HR to process your background check. Once offered and hired for the position you will attend a new hire training before returning teachers come back and school starts in August. This is of course a little different if you are hired in the middle of the year.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?
      What is your teaching philosophy?
      What will your classroom look like?
      What teaching methods will you use in teaching your students?
      How would you handle a difficult student / parent / co-worker?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Answer Question

Library Aide Interview

Interview

The interview process was intense with several unprepared questions. If you take your time and answer the best way possible you should be OK. Just focus on why you are applyiing for a certain position and remember the main focus of education and children.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keller ISD in July 2009.

Interview

They were very interested in what your feelings were toward children.