Kerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kerry Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2018

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kerry (Beloit, WI) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying numerous times and being told that food industry experience was "required" I finally was called by a "Talent Acquisition" person. A few weeks later I was called in for a face to face with several stakeholders, including the hiring manager.

The interview appeared to be sincere and, from both the written JD vs. my qualifications and the Q & A / Discussion with the stakeholders all seemed to go well. Because the Hiring Manager was the first one I spoke with and the HR people were in the middle of the pack there was no opportunity to ask the traditional "next steps" questions, etc.

A couple of days later, after I had followed up once with the hiring manager, I received a politely professional e-mail stating that they were going with someone more qualified.

My sincere belief is that some combination of my age (I'm quite experienced) and the fact that I have held higher level (Director) positions was held against me in the end.

Kerry has a reputation for being a great company but other interviewers with years of experience should beware.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation I've ever had to handle with a subordinate.   1 Answer

Senior Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kerry (Savannah, GA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter on January 26th and discussed the urgency of the position. I followed up a few days later via email, she informed me to hear back from the team in 1-2 days. I followed up, and sent an email follow up. On Feb. 14th, she emailed me back after not responding to my emails about a setting a phone interview with the team. I emailed her back very quickly about a phone interview for the next day. I never got a confirmation or an email back, so I assumed the interview was scheduled. On Feb. 15th, I waited for the team to give me a call, no call. I emailed the recruiter during that time to see if the team was given my phone number, no response to my email. Frustrated, I called her after the time I had allotted for the interview. She apologized and informed me she never sent a confirmation to them and inquired when I emailed her. I informed her that I did very quickly and she said that my email got "squished" between other emails. She informs me to pick another time and date from a list of times, so I did. Then I get an email from her later in the afternoon that none of those times or date worked and gave me an entirely different set of times. Finally, I get a phone interview scheduled for the Monday. I spoke with the team, and standard questions were asked. Later in the day, I get a phone call from the recruiter and eventually set up a on-site visit.

Upon my arrival to the site (Feb. 28th), I was not allowed to get into the site because no one had informed the security of my interview. After sitting in my car for some time, I finally was allowed inside for the interview. I had a great discussion with a lead member of the division about the company overall and the progress it has made over the past few months and afterwards sat in a conference room with the door open. An individual who was to interview me later in the day came in and said hello and called me by the wrong name. I overheard someone in the next room, who was the next person to interview me (who was also late), ask what my name was and what position I was applying for. As an applicant, this is very unprofessional to see a team of individuals unprepared for an interview I had prepared for extensively. In several instances during the interview, I was asked who was next on the schedule to interview me. Clearly no one knew what was going on and seemed to be thrown together at the last minute. In one portion of the interview with individuals I'd be working closely with, almost no questions were asked and several moments of silence. I had to ask them if they had questions. They came in the room with a list of questions that were already asked during the group phone interview. In addition, no walk through was scheduled and I had to ask for that. It seems as though this should have been a priority. During the walk through, I was given a dirty, grease covered lab coat to walk around the facility in. I would think other options would be available for potential new employees. The lab was very small and seemed disorganized.

After the interview, I noticed that the job title for what I applied for, a senior microbiologist, was changed to a microbiologist. Perhaps this was due to the fact I asked a question about what the difference was between the senior and lower role since two regular microbiologist employees sat in during the interview. Again, this highlights that no one really knew what was going on.

Overall it was highly unprofessional and I hope that future candidates will not have to jump through as many hoops as I did.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kerry (Beloit, WI).

Interview

I had a very smooth interview process. The Kerry recruiter I worked with was very professional and walked me through all the steps of Kerry’s interview process. Miriam responded in a timely matter to all questions I had about the position. I’m very happy I accepted the position. It was a long process but it’s because they are looking for the right talent for each position and I appreciate that about Kerry.
    The interview process began with a phone interview, 1 on 1 and group panel.
    I had a response within a week after I had my last face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Very Technical precise questions- on one category I had the least experience but overall was a good experience because I had a lot of knowledge in the specific category I interviewed for.   Answer Question

ICT Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kerry.

Interview

Had received an email from their Talent Acquisition on a Monday, i responded same day but didn't hear back from them until Friday. They apologized as they had been extremely busy but wanted to setup an interview the upcoming Monday and asked what would be a good time. I was able to give them times when i'd be free and heard back the day of the scheduled interview as to what time it would be. The Talent Acquisition stated that they had a time marked in their calendar and they would call me then for a phone interview.

The time came around for the phone interview and no phone call. After 10 minutes of waiting for a phone call, i had to get back to work as i couldn't wait any longer for a phone call i wasn't sure would be coming. Had i waited 5 more minutes i would have gotten the phone call. It wasn't a great first impression.

Human Resources Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kerry in December 2017.

Interview

About 2 weeks after applying online, I received an online invite to have a phone interview. I then spoke with a recruiter about the position and qualifications. The initial recruiter was very professional, thorough, and treated me like a person and not just a candidate. Ultimately, I did not get the job but she was very forthright and timely about the decision (which is a rarity with recruiters these days.)

Interview Questions

• Typically strengths and weakness questions. Some behavioral questions, such as "Tell me a time when you had a difficult and time sensitive project to implement."   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kerry (Beloit, WI) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was incredible! I had a 20 minute phone interview and the lady was very friendly she then confirmed it went well and they would like me to come in for a formal interview. I was nervous knowing the in person interview would be 4 hours long and with 4 sets of different managers/supervisors. I was pleasantly surprised on how friendly they were and the passion they had for the company. I am leaving a job at a fortune 500 company that I worked at for over 10 years and they sold me on leaving to start a career with Kerry! They truly wanted to know about you and your goals in mind.

Interview Questions

• Why you choice to apply at Kerry?   1 Answer

Assistant Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kerry (Evansville, IN) in December 2017.

Interview

I was very impressed with the staff there. I have not been on but 2 interviews in 30 years so this is all new to me. I was hoping for the opportunity to go to work with this company.

Supply Chain Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kerry (Beloit, WI) in December 2017.

Interview

Professional phone & on-site process with key leaders and thorough communication all along the way. Kerry BU and Supply Chain execs were impressive and spent quality time with me. Good Talent Acquisition resource guided me through the process very well.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were really on point with what they needed in the role with a focus on the BU business plans as well as Supply Chain topics   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kerry (DeKalb, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

interview process is what you would expect from any interview. all behavioral questions that focused around how you deal with adversity. two people were present during the interview. both were finance employees.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kerry (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very positive and the interviewers very helpful and the interview was informative. Overall a very positive experience. I was not hired but they were very friendly and professional