Kerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2018

2.9

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kerry (Jackson, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Be extremely careful when applying here! I had one interview with 2 of the leads of the different sides of the factory and someone who oversaw all labs. The interview itself was rather comfortable and informal. The interviewers described my job quite differently in person than they had to my recruiter which was frustrating and confusing, but I later ironed out the details and was truly excited about the position. The day after my interview, I was offered the position. The day after that, I accepted the position. But, I was notified the next day by my recruiter that the position I had ACCEPTED was no longer available. They notified my recruiter that they had done some "internal reshuffling" AFTER offering me the position and the position I accepted was no longer available.This, in my opinion, is a completley unacceptable practice made even worse by the fact that I was not contacted directly about the situation. Kerry, I'm truly appalled that you would do this reshuffling after offering the position. I'd suggest you fix your employee relation problem promptly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I never really got to a true negotiation phase, but their employee relation skills were abhorrent considering they offered a nonexistent position.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kerry (Jackson, WI).

Interview

Obtained the interview from a staffing agency, so setting up the interview was quick and efficient. Interview took place a few days later. Arrived early, but was not interviewed until about 30 minutes after. Met with two interviewers, one of which who was pleasant, attentive, and interested. The other was fidgety, inattentive, and was using or playing with his phone. He did not seem focused on the interview at hand and did not seem to care for what I was saying, acting openly bored. It didn't seem like they had time to be interviewing me, and they may not have. Interview took 30-45 mins. Applied for a first-shift position, and I made it clear I could not work most second-shift positions during the interview. Received an offer for a second-shift position.

Sensory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kerry (Beloit, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

1st round HR phone interview with some basic HR questions. 2nd round Hiring mgr phone interview with a review of skill sets on the resume, 3rd onsite interview at Beloit headquater from 9am to noon, interviewed by 4 different persons/groups.

Interview Questions

• There is a team of sr management in the conference room and the sales is pushing you for a Million $ business, your data is not what he wants. What would you do?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Call from recruiter, came in for a full day of interviews, recruiter called back the next week with a job offer, two rounds of negotiation and accepted the position with a start date a month later. Overall, I've heard that my process moved much faster than usual.

Interview Questions

• Huge range in interviewers. Some didn't know which questions to ask, one person was trying to make me squirm with very difficult and pointed questions, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kerry.

Interview

Phone screen 1 week after applied; onsite interview approximately 1 week later. Received a tour then had a group interview by 3 people- Plant Manager, Production Manager, and Plant Controller (who didn't ask me anything). Felt really positive, easy questions about my background, etc. At the end of the interview, I felt like I had a really good chance but wasn't sure if I was interested in the job. About a week later, I received an email from HR requesting an onsite interview. My first thought was that they mixed up their paperwork somehow, so I politely responded confirming my availability and reiterating my interview details from the week prior. I received a very courteous acknowledgement of my first interview and a clarification that they now wanted to fly me to Beloit, WI for a second interview. The travel was arranged beautifully, everything was very easy and hassle-free. Met with three people, everyone asked "So what do you know about Kerry?" Lots of background questions, fairly easy interview. Felt extremely positive and was ready to leave, then the receptionist introduced me to two other people from a different division of the company. One wanted to talk to me about engineering oportunites in WI and the other about R&D opportunities in NY. I really didn't expect this but felt overall it went well. I left feeling... confused. The job I interviewed for was nowhere near the northeast. One week and one [business] day later, I got a call saying the flew five people up and I was actually a close second for the Materials Supervisor position. BUT they wanted to offer me a differnt position at the same location.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just really know details of the company.Every person started with something like "tell me what you know about Kerry..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate, but was offered a sign-on bonus

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kerry (Beloit, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was very well organized. It started off with three 30 minute phone interviews. One was with someone in the current position I was applying for, the other two were with HR representatives. After completing the phone interview they flew me up to Beloit for a four person interview.

The HR team organized the whole trip, it was structured around my schedule so that I didn't have to miss work at my current position. My interviews began at 8:15am and completed at noon. All-in-all it was an incredibly convenient process.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest achievements? What is one of your biggest failures?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kerry (Beloit, WI) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was incredible! I had a 20 minute phone interview and the lady was very friendly she then confirmed it went well and they would like me to come in for a formal interview. I was nervous knowing the in person interview would be 4 hours long and with 4 sets of different managers/supervisors. I was pleasantly surprised on how friendly they were and the passion they had for the company. I am leaving a job at a fortune 500 company that I worked at for over 10 years and they sold me on leaving to start a career with Kerry! They truly wanted to know about you and your goals in mind.

Interview Questions

• Why you choice to apply at Kerry?   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kerry (Beloit, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

6 interviews, 2 phone then 4 in person with one individual calling from the road. One with my direct manager, one with a director of operations who was an engineer, one with HR personnel and one with a Senior Project engineer

Interview Questions

• what do you think is the most important thing about engineering in a food facility   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Interview

Standard Interview questions. Why do you want to work for this company? How many years of experience? What hours do you prefer to work? Are you familiar with OSHA? Do you have reliable transportation?

Interview Questions

• would i leave a machine running unattended?   2 Answers

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crossville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kerry (Crossville, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

They were very interested in what I had to say. They asked quite a few questions about my abilities. They seemed to care about my opinions. They send off for background check. When it comes back then they send you for a physical and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest strengths?   1 Answer