Kerry Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2020

Kerry Chief Executive Edmond Scanlon (no image)
Edmond Scanlon
Pros
  • "Gained some great experience into a fast paced environment(in 38 reviews)

• "Great people, dynamic environment full of energy(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "High hierarchy in place and there is zero work/life balance plus no understanding for any family needs(in 52 reviews)

• "Shift work, long hours, labour hire company can be unprofessional(in 37 reviews)

1. "Policy"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Kerry full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay good benefits clean environment

Cons

Overtime policy needs to be evaluated

2. "Commercial Controller at Kerry"

Former Employee - Commercial Controller in Beloit, WI

I worked at Kerry full-time

Pros

Scope of responsibility and open door policy

Cons

Broad lack of advancement opportunities

3. "Lab Tech at Kerry"

Former Employee - QA Technician in Sturtevant, WI

I worked at Kerry full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very generous benefits and PTO

Cons

Position treated as entry level

May 12, 2020Employer Brand Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with Kerry. We appreciate the feedback on how your position was viewed. It will be shared.

4. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Beloit, WI

I have been working at Kerry full-time for more than a year

Pros

good health insurance, good work/life balance, summer hours

Cons

too many changes at once

May 12, 2020Employer Brand Leader

Thank you for your balanced review and excellent feedback. Being a fast-growth company focused on solutions to ever-evolving taste and nutrition trends can come with many changes. We know that presents challenges for our employees at times, as well as unique opportunities for experience and growth. That said, we are happy you enjoy many of the benefits that come with working at Kerry. It is our hope we continue to be a good fit for you for years to come!

5. "Management sucked"

Former Employee - Line Lead in Racine, WI

I worked at Kerry full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lose weight Overtime Good crew

Cons

Deal with people who don’t know the job.

"Ok"

Former Employee - Plant Manager in Clark, NJ

I worked at Kerry full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team on site. Family oriented

Cons

Corporate office lacks understanding of the core business

May 12, 2020Employer Brand Leader

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you felt part of a family-oriented team while you were with us.

"Jansn"

4.0
    Current Employee - Extra in Rothschild, WI

I have been working at Kerry full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benifits To for the family

Cons

Bad management And hard work

May 12, 2020Employer Brand Leader

Thank you for the hard work you do in helping us nourish life around the world with the products we make together. Stick with us, and please know we care! If there's someone who doesn't or isn't living the Kerry values, we want to know about it. Manager effectiveness is vital to us and our success. Please share what you've said here with your HR Partner. We'd love the opportunity to listen! By doing so, you provide us an opportunity for continuous improvement.

8. COVID-19

"Avoid like Covid 19"

1.0
    Current Employee - Bathroom Cleaner in Clark, NJ

I have been working at Kerry full-time for more than a year

Pros

Acceptance that if you dont fit their race and nationity agenda, start looking.

Cons

Unprofessionalism, derrogatory communications, hire certain workers of the street to fit agenda. They tell you to go home if showing symptons, rightfully, then lay you off as soon as you return. Political system in place. Rules dont apply if you fit in that system. Race and nationality are extremely important if you want to succeed. No breaks, only lunch.

Continue reading

May 12, 2020Employer Brand Leader

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, as we take these matters very seriously. Your advice regarding breaks and training is sound and will be passed on. As to the other issues you have raised, we expect all Kerry employees to respect one another and adhere to our high standards of safety, quality, racial equality, and ethics. Anyone who witnesses employees violating our Code of Conduct is encouraged, and employees are obligated, to confidentially report any incidents. Kerry has selected EthicsPoint, Inc., to provide this service confidentially if you do not feel comfortable speaking directly with a Kerry representative such as your manager/supervisor, Human Resources, or Internal Audit to report concerns or misconduct and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Concerns are routed automatically to the appropriate Kerry parties for investigation. Investigators are trained, specific individuals who are charged with evaluating the report based on the topic and country. Under no circumstances will an individual implicated in a report be involved in an investigation. If you report a concern anonymously, your report will be logged with a unique ID that you can use to check on its status later without providing personal contact information. To report by phone the U.S.: 1-888-399-0374 To report online in the U.S.: https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/21180/report.html

"Definitely better places to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crossville, TN

I worked at Kerry full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, though it's still on the low end of what is needed for workers to survive in the current system.

Cons

Very little training involved; they just sort of toss you into your area with no direction and get angry when you don't do things exactly as they like. Safety requirements are somewhat ignored. There's also a fair amount of "good ole' boy" attitude thrown your way if you don't happen to be "one of the guys".

Continue reading

May 12, 2020Employer Brand Leader

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While our hope is that every employee has a positive experience at Kerry, it is our expectation that all employees be treated equally and fairly. We hope that you shared this information in your exit interview. If not, please consider contacting the HR Business Partner in Crossville to share further details on the issues you've raised here so appropriate adjustments can be made. Your advice on training and safety is appreciated and will be passed along.

10. "NAM"

4.0
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kerry full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great R&D facilities, some really good people, competitive wages and great culinary team

Cons

Lack of direction on what they want to sell, high turnover

May 12, 2020Employer Brand Leader

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your work experience. We're glad you appreciated our Research and Development facilities and agree we have good people and a great culinary team at Kerry!

Found 395 reviews