Kershner Trading Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kershner Trading Group

2.5

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

One on-spot interview with 1 coding exercise and 2 one-on-one interviews. They are equally interested in your skill set and future plan. The main skill they were looking for are python, c++, and database management.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in January 2011.

Interview

Responded to an ad at an online recruiting job site by sending my resume. The HR then called me and discussed my trading. Followed by meeting with the CEO. Fairly easy process

Interview Questions

• How do you select your stocks?
      What are your best winning days and worst losing days?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Senior Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

They asked some question on how I trade and manage risks. Quite frankly I did not think they understood lots of questions they asked me themselves but since I knew I was a producer I played along.

Senior Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

They just asked me about my past record. I was surprised they didnt quite understand what I was doing. I got a feeling, they were more interested in what my firm was doing than what I was planning to do trading for their firm.

Interview Questions

The firm did not appear like a professional outfit. The contract they offered me was unacceptable to anyone who is an independent trader. Several better options available in the industry for anyone worth his salt in the markets.

Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then another phone interview with the office Floor manager. Both pretty straight forward interviews, the typical describe yourself, past experiences, what you look for here at the company. Nothing really technical at all.

Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, with two different people working at Kershner. Explained the job, the environment, the type of success some are having and also mention of the fact that not everyone succeeds. Trading isn't for everyone, but you can succeed if you work hard.

Interview Questions

• What kind of trading background, programming background, sports/academics background do you have? Why are you so interested in becoming a trader? Are you willing to accept a steep learning curve and stick with it to make it as a trader?   Answer Question

Proprietary Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (Austin, TX) in July 2007.

Interview

Thorough and detailed. I was interviewed by several people: the HR manager, the company controller, and two coaches, and I ended up making about three visits to complete them all. Each asked pertinent questions about my motivation, skill set, and outlook, and warned of the difficulties involved in the position.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Super easy. Several steps. A online test, 2 interviews (one through phone). Most of the questions are behavior questions. Basically choose the right candidate through their resume, experience and willing to be a better trader. Most of the guys, even newer guys are experienced traders from other firm or traded by themselves before.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (Austin, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Informal place, but a very formal process. You must pass a typing, coordination, and math test.
    You will be interviewed by about four people.

Interview Questions

• The test were rigorous, but the questions were relatively mundane.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Quantitative Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application. One of their junior traders called me back. We spoke on the phone. He asked me about my experience and what kinds of strategies I could implement. The head technical guy from the New York office called me back to check on my technical qualifications. Once he was satisfied I was called into the NY office where I met with the partners. I received a phone call from the owner, in Austin, Texas. After that, we decided to set up a paper trade of my strategies to see if they are profitable in real time.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how my strategy worked as well as why I think it will work in the fure.   Answer Question