Kia Motors America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.5

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kia Motors America (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I have never interviewed with a company that cared so little about the candidate experience. I was asked to interview twice in one week because they were moving quickly. Since I already had a job, I had to take time off work. The interviews went well and I was told I was the final candidate. Three months later and I have never received a non-solicitated follow up. What a disregard of my personal time. The sad thing is, I really liked the manager and I know the feeling was mutual.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in...?   1 Answer

Consumer Affairs Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kia Motors America (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewed through Volt first and then got a call to interview with managers from Kia. The interview was easy and quick. The managers were nice and funny. However, the whole interview was misleading as they were not hiring for consumer affairs analyst, they were hiring more for call center reps.

Interview Questions

• What were your accomplishments? What skills qualify you for this job?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kia Motors America (Irvine, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Kia Motor Americas website. Then I received a phone call requesting to set up a phone interview. First two stages were phone interviews. HR Specialist was first interview which lasted about 45 minutes. Second interview was with the Hiring Manager and lasted about 1hour

Incentive Data Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kia Motors America (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Nice facility in Irvine, one supervisor and one manager both interviewed at the same time, walked to the 2nd floor and into a conference room. They talked about the position, laid it out the position is heavy data entry. Business casual, both managers are relaxed and they want to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      How do you balance work and outside of work?
      When can you work?
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kia Motors America.

Interview

I applied July 7 and first contact from Kia was end of August. I then had one phone interview and two in-person interviews within the next two weeks. The HR recruiter was very transparent about the process and kept in contact with me until after my final round of interviews. I checked in every other week to see if I was still being considered for the position since they said they wanted to make a decision within two weeks. After following up bi-weekly for two months, the recruiter and coordinator stopped responding and I gave up. All the people I met with were very nice and the feedback I received from HR was all positive so I was a little unsure why they didn't at least send an email letting me know they were going in a different direction. I felt it was a little unprofessional that I made it to the final round of interviews and I wasn't even given the courtesy of a rejection email. I guess that may be the new HR standard.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard and none were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Consumer Affairs Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kia Motors America (Irvine, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Was contacted through a 3rd party company that an opening was available at "a leading automotive manufacturer" in Irvine, Ca. They submitted my information to the hiring department and within a week I was scheduled for an interview. The majority of the time in the interview was spent listening to a detailed description of the position itself, and what the typical job duty entails.

Interview Questions

• If I have any questions. Despite previously raising a few general inquiries he continued to repeat this as a means of continuing the process and gauging my potential as a candidate   Answer Question

Service Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I only had one interview. The questions they asked were very straight forward and simple. There were two interviewers, and they asked about my team management skills and team working skills. Very important because they are a global company that has many other subsidiaries. They also chose to ask me why I wanted to work at KIA and if I had Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel Skills. Also, they asked about what was on my resume and what kind of mechanical engineering background I had.

Interview Questions

• What is OBD-ll? How could it affect consumer and manufacturers?   Answer Question

Applications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kia Motors America (Irvine, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I went thru a staffing agency. Scheduled the telephone interview and then immediately the in-person interview. I was offered immediately after that. Very smooth process. HR is very professional and thorough. Background check took almost a month. Other than that interview process is handled very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How did u manage the difficult situations in the project.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kia Motors America.

Interview

I was interviewed by a Korean manager. He asked all the prohibited questions about age, marriage, kids....

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kia Motors America (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

HR called and scheduled an in person interview. No questions asked on the phone call other than available time. The in person interview was with a manager in the engineering department. Asked basic questions like knowledge of Microsoft, work history and said what the job entails. At the end had me technical test which is basically an ASE style question test. Emailed me back a week later to update me on my status.

Interview Questions

• Taking an ASE style test without told I was going to be taking in it.   Answer Question