Kiehl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kiehl's (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Straight forward typical in store interview. Manager at store was upbeat and friendly, but said a lot of bothersome things. She stated the store was struggling to hit goal and firmly asserted that the way to move past this was to take advantage of the sub par amount of foot traffic. She seems to think over selling a guest is key. Totally counter productive. This store probably spends all day processing returns with that kind of attitude. Sounds like a difficult environment with this management team. Shame since I think this is a great company I would like to work for, but I'm not interested in this team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kiehl's.

Interview

Standard. Basic questions of why this company, tell me about your experience, what can you bring here, what do you wanna get paid blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Kcr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's (Garden City, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager, expressed skincare obsession and overall interest of growing with the brand. Spoke about certain products that were m favorite of the brand and why they stood out to me in comparison to other skin care brands.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for their particular skin care brand and if I was familiar with their products   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's.

Interview

3 processes. the first one is phone interview from L'Oreal recruiting manager. The second is also phone interview, from the region manager. And the last one is in-store interview, the store manager.

Manager In Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiehl's.

Interview

Was contacted by someone in HR, short phone interview. Then brought in to meet two people, one who I would be reporting to directly. When I went for my in-person interview the person who was interviewing me was over 30 minutes late. Once the interview started I wished she had just never shown up. She was outright rude and nasty to me, so much so that I declined right then and there to continue with the interview process. Obviously had a chip on her shoulder about something. What I thought was even stranger though was that no one from HR ever contacted me to see why I left the interview.

Be very wary going to interview at Corporate. What kind of culture makes an employee feel that she can treat people that come in to interview badly? I have never experienced anything like this before.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about confidential information about my old company.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to the store and dropped off a physical copy of my resume. I was also asked to email one to the store manager. After this was received, they asked me to come in for an interview. After a positive interview, there is a pretty extensive process you must go through (takes about 2 weeks) which includes a fully detailed online application/profile, a background check and a urine drug screen. A few days after all was submitted, I received a call a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience in sales and why I wanted to work at Kiehl's.   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiehl's.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a few days later. I arrived early for the interview with the manager. The interview was 1 1/2 hours long which was the perfect amount of time. We seemed to hit it off very well. We talked about the position and expectations. I asked about advancement potential and she said I was an excellent candidate and could take her position as she was leaving in the next few months. This would over step the existing ASM because she was new and not ready for that position. I was told she would set up the second interview with her DM in the next few days. I thanked her for her time and consideration and left feeling very excited and confident. Later that day I sent her an Email again thanking her and expressing my interest in meeting her DM. Days went by and I sent a second Email. It's now been 2 months and I never heard back from anyone. This was very disappointing and unprofessional.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's in June 2014.

Interview

I came into the interview thinking it was going to be this grand and opulent office. But it's nothing to write home about! Everyone was very warm and welcoming though. There's not that many available meeting rooms so my interview was held at their kitchen. It was a compatibility interview—basically presenting your portfolio, history of places you've worked in the past, and just normal chit chat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My staffing agency did the negotiation for me. I'm assuming they needed someone right away since I was hired within 2 weeks from the interview.

KCR (Kiehl's Customer Representative) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's (Stanford, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

- Referred by a current Kiehl's store manager from 1 Peninsula Bay Area location to current location that I am end up working for;
    - 1 interview only.
    - interview style more of a business formal/professional job interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work for Kiehl's Since 1851?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself:
      - Strength
      - Weakness
      Answer Question
    • What is customer service to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 1 experience from your current or previous job(s) that you feel memorable. And why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 1 experience of how you handle customer related difficult situation. And why did you make that decision?   Answer Question
    • How much do you Know about Kiehl's Since 1851?   Answer Question
    • Any questions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Completely smooth! They offered me with way higher amount of hourly pay than the amount I had in my head, so there wasn't any counter offering back and forth process at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiehl's (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

Walked into the store and asked if they where hiring seasonal help