Kinaxis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kinaxis Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinaxis (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interviewer went to all technical questions, algorithm, data structure, object orientated. Those were not hard questions. The interviewer is okay. No behavior question was asked in the interview .

Entry Level Data Analytics Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinaxis (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone technical interview on basic C++ concepts.
    1) What is polymorphism?
    2) When would you want to use a virtual method?
    3) Why would you want to use an array vs a hashmap (Must explain big-O of access, insert, delete, search)
    4) What was is a class vs an object.
    5) How can you determine if a number is even (Using modulus is a common, but they want the bit shift answer because its 1 machine instruction. Though, often the compiler will optimize this for you)
    6) Describe how to create a class hierarchy including member variables for a fictitious game with different colored cars

Interview Questions

• If you pass the phone interview, you'll be invited for the onsite. The onsite is 3 hrs, and broken up into different meeting where you'll be asked technical questions by different team leads. The questions range from easy to hard LeetCode questions, and you'll be expected to white board.

They mainly want to see how you work out a problem.

1) How do you detect a cycle in a singly linked list.
      2) How do you reverse a singly linked list.
      3) How do you merge two singly linked list.
      4) How do you detect duplicates in a singly list list, and return a list with no duplicated items.

Note:

They are transitioning to a SAAS company but their core product is still an executable. The data analytics is a dll that the database server imports. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't completely web based.

Half the data analytics team have Masters. The other half have Phds. The analytics team is the tiger team and is tightly watched by managements because their business success depends on this team.

The company culture is very friendly. But don't assume that the relaxed interview atmosphere indicates they are leaning in your favour. They seem to be looking for new hires who can quickly ramp up on their supply chain management legacy codebase. Moreover, someone who can assist in helping refactor it using TDD, gmock, and gtest.

So you have to be very knowledgable on algorithms and data structures and have experience in unit testing and continuous integration.   Answer Question

Client Partner Enterprise Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kinaxis (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a Phone Interview with the HR Recruiter and then a 2nd with 1st line Manager. I was also given an opportunity to speak to some of my potential colleagues. The process was very comfortable and made me even more excited to make the jump in companies.

Junior Analytics Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kinaxis (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. He introduced Kinaxis briefly. The interview consists of about 10 technical questions. They are not hard but cover fundamental data structures, design pattern, and memory management. The questions are like "What are the differences between list and array", "What is harsh table", "Why garbage collection is important", and "What is the technique to clean memory". The hiring manager was talking very fast.

Software Developer (DevOps) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinaxis (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took several weeks and I was invited for an interview.

1. Phone interview - 30 min basic C# questions.
    2. In person interview at Kinaxis with Team Lead and Principal Developer.
    - be ready to stay calm. It is really impressive inside, I couldn't do it.
    - be ready for practical questions. I asked what to expect and the recruiter told me to check the job offer. No they give you directly the keyboard to write code. They want to see how you think.
    3. In person interview with Corporate Recruiter - 45 min behavior questions.

The people are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading and multitasking in C#.   1 Answer

Test Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kinaxis (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I Interviewed with 2 managers at kinaxis
    Extrmely friendly and welcoming managers
    The company looked really cool on yhe inside
    Crakced jokes and told me about the company
    Applied in person through a networking night
    Straight forward questions
    They wanna see your thinking more than ur technical knowledge

QA Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinaxis.

Interview

1. telephone interview
    2. in person interview: Multi-choice technical test, technical interview(manager, developer), Hr interview(2 persons)
    first they gave me a technical test to do, then another program question, to write the answer on the white board.Hr interview has lots of open question...

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinaxis in October 2016.

Interview

It was a normal interview. Take me one week after online application. After interview, it takes about 4 weeks for reviewing that is a little long. But generally speaking, to qualify the position of a programmer, the data structure and software engineering knowledge is necessary.

Interview Questions

• Time and space consuming for classic algorithms.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinaxis (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of telephonic interviews. First one was HR and the second was by hiring manager. Interview calls were cool and very receptive. offered questions at the end. HR one was straightforward questions. Hiring manager had couple of behavioural quesitons.

Interview Questions

• HR: tell me about yourself, salary expectations; why are you interested with this opportunity.
      Hiring Manager: Walk me though your career synopsis. Couple of technical questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kinaxis (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

the interviewer has been late 50 min . some one came in middle of the interview, stress, they were mean in some points. 50% of the technical were out of the job requirement. I got better opportunity in the biggest organization in Canada. I asked my professors and friends about the interview questions. I said if you got offer from them decline it.

don't recommend and don't waste your time