Kitware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.6

Sort:

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kitware (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

The position was for a Biomedical image anaylsis software dev. I was contacted by a principle investigator/engineer type of person with deep research experience. He explained that the position involves software/algorithm development in equal parts. The screen consisted of basic questions about C++, object oriented programming and computer architectures. I was rejected perhaps on the basis of my lack of experience in general purpose software development.

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kitware (Clifton Park, NY).

Interview

Approached them during school career fair. One informational interview one on one, later two screenings, one for math and other for programming. Later one full day on site interview starting with presentation on past experience and research followed by four one on one sessions about Algorithms, math, mesh generation, rendering etc. I had also applied for internship

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kitware in February 2014.

Interview

Technical phone interview with shared editor after an initial phone screening. Each interview took an hour. The technical interview was all in C++ using a shared editor.

Interview Questions

• Various detailed questions about C++ specific concepts I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Medical Image Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kitware (Clifton Park, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied via online and was contacted a few weeks later from an engineer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a lot of details about C++ including type casting, operator overloading, pointers, template, and polymorphism. Basically, I had to explain about most of C++ features compared to other language. After that, I was asked to implement simple C++ histogram computation routine. They measured how efficiently use C++ STL.   Answer Question

I denied to relocate to NY.

Interview

I've been interviewed a lot on C++ and math questions. The interviewers are really nice, and i got much guidance from them. Same sample math questions involve the intuitive understanding of determinant, trace and eigenvalues of a matrix. Optimization, numerical methods and Calculus are involved.