Kiva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiva Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

KFIP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiva.

Interview

the first round interview is with the hr department, and second round with hiring managers. the interviewer asked pretty normal behavioral questions. she also did a great job explaining the position and requirements.

Fellow &Programs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiva (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process took over a month, from time of application to final interview. It was an in-depth process: phone interview, two group panel interviews (6 people total), a presentation, plus another interview with the hiring manager. It was obvious that they really valued the what the candidate would provide to the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 5-10 minute presentation (no visual aids required) on a pivotal experience that significantly influenced your life path or perspective   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiva.

Interview

The interview process took several weeks. After the initial phone screening, I scheduled an in-person interview. I often found myself reaching out to the recruiter for updates after weeks had gone by.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a diverse group of stakeholders and faced a challenge.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiva (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got an email to schedule and interview. Interviewed with an HR person. Said they would contact me within 2 weeks, but had to reach out 2 times to get a response. The interviewer however was very nice and helpful. Seeing as it is a non-profit, I'm not too surprised that they weren't very organized.

Zip Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiva.

Interview

Phone Interview which lasted roughly 30 minutes. Questions from: 'Scenario in which you were challenged and how you overcame it' etc. Went through resume and chatted about goals etc.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Questions as stated above. Nothing out of the ordinary!   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiva.

Interview

I first had to do an over the phone interview that was conducted with the Intern team. This process was done to determine which team I would fit into and what my interests, experiences entailed. This was followed by a Skype video with someone from the Development team, in which I had to demonstrate my knowledge, talk about my skills and explain my interest in learning about Kiva.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in being a part of the Kiva community?   Answer Question

Kiva Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiva (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There are two levels of interviews. The first interview is with a former fellow, mainly background and interest checks. And the second interview is with someone from the Kiva Fellows Program team, interest checks and scenario-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions - what would you do in a given situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiva.

Interview

Applied online, a month later I was contacted to set up a Skype interview with a former fellow (they only use audio, not video). It was mostly a casual chat and you have the opportunity to ask any questions you have. It went well and my interviewer was very helpful. The next day I was contacted for the second interview with a Kiva staff member, also over Skype. This one was more like a traditional interview and wasn't too difficult. The first interview lasted about an hour, and the second was half an hour. Good experience overall. After the second interview, I heard back about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What's your worst travel experience? What will you get out of a Kiva fellowship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiva (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

2 interviews over Skype, first with intern manager, second with potential hiring team/manager. Not many questions were asked, it was mainly to see who I was and whether my values would fit the organization.

Kiva Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiva (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was an Initial phone screening, then a very brief language proficiency conversation, and one more skype interview. Some communication by email. The questions were all very standard, nothing out of the ordinary or surprises. ie general interest in kiva, previous experience, experience abroad, financial capability to cover the fellowship etc.

Interview Questions

• tell about a time you persevered in the face of adversity.   Answer Question