Knight Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Knight Capital Interview Questions

Interviews at Knight Capital

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knight Capital (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Core Java, Multithreading Oracle

GC process , longterm salary

Associate Interview

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then I went in for an on-site with 5 other developers who asked me a variety of Java and DB questions, from data structures to basic OO design to design patterns. Also some simple java queries. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• There was one developer that went over several pages of printed Java code with me, each page a different method. I was asked questions about each page, like whether it would compile, if there were logic errors, concurrency problems etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My recruiter handled it so it went pretty smoothly. I was given an offer that I was satisfied with.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knight Capital in August 2012.

Interview

1:1 phone interview, on-site 1:1 meetings with 4 others, 1:1 with the md, 1:1 with the CTO and 1:1 with the head of operations

Interview Questions

• everything seemed straightforward... very basic fundamental questions which you either know or you don't... got asked the differences between a set and a list... wondered if that was a trick question   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Knight Capital (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews covering Core Java topics: multi-threading, Java definitions, garbage collection, etc. These went very well. I was asked in for a phone interview. I saw 3 people who asked me general background questions as well as asked questions with code examples. Out of the 3 people I spoke with, one person focused totally on thread/synchronized code examples. The questions were not too difficult, but it's something I didn't have too much experience with.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of N integers, find the missing integer.   3 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Knight Capital (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was got from the university career center. First it was a phone interview, basically about what you can do according to the job description. Not really hard questions. The second interview was at the company building, about basic Java knowledge; SQL syntax, database knowledge, differences with other languages.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences with Java and C, OO and structural programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Knight Capital (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

Skill test was consisting of programs, related to data structures and algorithms.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knight Capital (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

phone screen.
    How hashmap works.
    difference between interface and abstract class.
    walk through linked list, using double pointer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Knight Capital (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

Informative process that highlights the foundations and values of the company, the expectations from employees, and the importance of its employees. Apparent from the interview that the company is a fun, fast environment, with potential to move up and demanding in its work load.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Knight Capital (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2008.

Interview

You have to know someone in order to get a good position where they pay all these buddies from Merrill Lynch $300k to sit there and do nothing.

Interview Questions

• Asking very technical questions that are irrelevant to the work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knight Capital (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted by HR.

Scheduled the interview.

Met with 4 associates, and 1 director.

Heard back in one week.