Knowledge Universe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Knowledge Universe Interview Questions

2.5

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Basically applied online. Called me in about 2 days. Went in for interview with center director. Asked situational questions. Then came back for second interview with district manager who asks questions like she wants you to fail. Took forever to hear anything back. Very long process.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe.

Interview

Employer talked about the company and what it offers and what was required.
    Asked questions dealing about the job, other requirements, what they look for in a new hire, the kids, training, dress code, etc.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe (Portland, OR).

Interview

Lengthy, somewhat intimidating but only because of the number of meetings and people involved. Recruiter was very friendly and informative. Corporate employees can wear jeans on a daily basis and most pair with a sweatshirt or team jersey on Fridays.

Interview Questions

• My experience and level of comfort with working within a team with a lot of strong personalities.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a video interview with the contract recruiter first, then a marathon in-person interview with the client. Most of the interview was personality matching, which some technical questions added in the middle. Overall the experience was relaxed and relatively easy. On the technical side they did ask a few things that were outside of my knowledge, but more for curiosity than qualification.

Interview Questions

• Q: If a user wants to do something that is currently not possible in the IT environment, what do you tell them?   1 Answer
    • Q: What is the difference between an .OST and a .PST.   1 Answer
    • Q: What is a DHCP Reservation?   1 Answer

Site Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

The person I interviewed with was awesome. she and I got along, and the same like mind goals for our work ethic. however she was unable to stay long after she hired me because the hours and commitment took from her family time.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a tough situation at a past job with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The process involved an online application- which was quite long. It included a screening assessment where each question was timed. Then following this process a recruiter called me for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you build enrollment in your school?   1 Answer

Executive IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Was brought in for 4 interviews, each one progressing up the ladder (Phone screen, In person with department lead, CIO Interview, Tech Interview). The number of interviews began to get ridiculous, and during 4th interview was asked a whole host of questions which should have been covered during the 2nd interview, and then they allegedly began to have reservations about my qualifications due to my answers (according to the recruiter). Was asked to submit a breakdown of qualifications for them to review,I submitted it, but was not going any further with any future interviews until a job offer was made. Eventually had to drop them as a prospect, and as of writing this, they are still attempting to fill the position according to LinkedIn and Dice.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a .PST and an .OST file?   3 Answers

Co Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe (Ballston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Warm and friendly director who made it very easy for me to communicate with. I gave very detailed answers which seemed to lead to even more questions, but in a good way. I was able to meet and interact with the kids, which showed the director I would be an excellent employee.

Interview Questions

• My experience working with kids   1 Answer

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe (Portland, OR).

Interview

My initial interview was for a new department being created and was a pretty standard submit your resume and come in for a face to face interview. I met with one of the hiring managers but not a department manager. I'd been recommended by an employee so for me it was pretty basic discussion of my previous experiences, what I look for in a team, what I look for in a manager, strengths and weaknesses.

After being hired any attempts to change department or move out of the call center were incredibly difficult. I had three interviews with different managers before being told they were just going to keep their temp on-board permanently. I knew a guy who was in a department being laid off and had been with the company 13 years, he was sent to 14 interviews before they told him it was down to him and one other guy for a middle management position. After weeks without reply they declined both applicants and re-posted the job to start over from scratch.

The interviews aren't tough but they are vast in number and many times do not lead to actual jobs.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your greatest weakness is? What do you look for in a manager or what is one thing you look for in a team?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seekonk, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Knowledge Universe (Seekonk, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly typical, laid-back interview. I was invited into the district office just a couple of days after submitting my application. I was interviewed by 2 people who were very personable and easy to talk to. The job was explained and we chatted about what the company is all about, and then they got into the questions. Questions were very generic, some were situational. How I would communicate with other teachers, how I would manage a class of 30 or more, what's a bad day like for me, etc. I would say the hardest question I was asked was to name 2 of my greatest qualities, and 2 of my worst. I suggest taking into consideration the questions asked in the application questionnaire, they will help you get a feel for what type of person the company is looking for. After the interview was over, they set me up to go check out a location and I was notified that day that they were going to proceed with me in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Name 2 of your greatest, and 2 of your worst qualities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.