Kyocera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kyocera Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kyocera (Concord, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening that lasted for about 45 minutes followed by a second call inviting me for an on-site interview.

The day of the interview I spoke with two groups of people. The first group consisted of a technical interview with five people. They grilled me on C, C++, computer architecture and general linux knowledge (they use something called Montevista). Three of their questions required me to use a whiteboard. The second group of interviewers was a behavioral type interview with a few general engineering questions about some personal projects. It was more laid back and only three of the four interviewers asked questions. After the two interviews they handed me a written exam that consisted of several C/C++ programing problems and about 20 other T/F and multiple choice programming questions. The time they allowed for this exam was one hour. In all, the interview lasted about five and a half hours.

I followed up with HR about two weeks later but received no response for about a month and a half later. At which point they invited me back for another interview. This time I interviewed with the top three people there. It was a very laid back interview and the people were very friendly. They interviewed me one at a time until the last guy basically told me I had the job if I accepted the offer. They sent me an offer via email about a week later. This interview lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Nothing complicated, but the first thing I remember is: write a circular linked list, in C, with functions to add, delete and update nodes. Same thing again but in C++.   Answer Question
    • Again, nothing difficult: write a recursive function, in C, to reverse a floating-point value.
      Same thing again but in C++.   Answer Question

The compensation was only slightly better than what I was already making (and working fewer hours).

Also, every time I went into the building the entire floor was deathly quiet. Every now and then you could see someone look over a cube and whisper something. Afterwards, I ran into another employee in the parking garage who confirmed my concerns about the environment. He seemed to be under the impression that you are there to work not form relationships. I feel that if you are going to spend that much time around other people it would be foolish not to form relationships.

Then again, this could have just been my misperception and I could have just caught that employee on a bad day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kyocera (Concord, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very hands-off. They have you take a C++ quiz and a few short questions with the team you are interviewing with. After that is meeting with the GM, for a brief soft skills test. Then they show you around the office. All-in-all, it's a relatively simple interview process. Doing poorly on the C++ quiz is NOT a big problem.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (Concord, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was friendly, very relaxing but took more then 2 hours. Overall there were 5 different people and they were changing every 30 minutes. The same questing were asked again and again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had about 5 calls and they were mostly personality questions. Not many technical questions. I am still in the process and waiting for an offer. Most of the time I had to talk about me and what was on my resume.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA).

Interview

15-30 minute phone screen
    1st Face-to-Face: 3 hours
    2nd Face-to-Face: 3 hours

They mostly asked the basics, review projects you've worked on etc. The HR department was stellar and very communicative. One of the best interview experiences I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Nothing super hard... what's your biggest strength, why do you want to work here, what would your friends say about you...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Many people involved, group interview. Hypothetical presentation. Initial phone interview. Interviewed by he at the end of the process. Interview by team u would be working with. Met VP of HR and CEO

Interview Questions

• How many suck days are appropriate   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kyocera.

Interview

The interview was quite upbeat and positive. My interviewed consisted of three parts, all taking place the same day. The first stage is an interview with 1 or 2 HR department members to explain to you a bit about the company and to gauge your interest in them. The next part consists of 1 or 2 Senior level managers in the particular department in which you applied. They ask you more questions pertaining to your past experience and your particular role in the job you applied for should you get hired. The last step will consist of your direct level supervisor who ask questions mostly covered in the first two steps of the interview. For me, each stage took approximately 40 minutes so I was in there for about 2 hours in all. They were all nice people.

Interview Questions

• What distinguishes you from the person we interviewed before and after you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My salary was set by the company.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

They had a huge emphasis on working hard and long hours. They don't care much about creativity or work smarter. They want people to work within their system and conform to their standards. Out of the box thinking, experimenting with new system improvements are not encouraged. They seemed to be looking for passion and dedication about experience, skill or and adaptive capability. Great company for the right person. They are very structured.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kyocera in October 2013.

Interview

blah, had to drive to Fairfield twice and then was told they hired someone else who didn't work out so they called me back and had to go back to Fairfield. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Where did you rank in the stack rankings   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

it was one day on-site interview with 6 people. very tough questions. received selection results quickly within 3 days

Interview Questions

• how did you handle people who don't co-operate?   2 Answers
    • what is the most difficult project that you handled   1 Answer

Negotiation

very limited opportunity for negotiations