Kyocera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Many people involved, group interview. Hypothetical presentation. Initial phone interview. Interviewed by he at the end of the process. Interview by team u would be working with. Met VP of HR and CEO

Interview Questions

• How many suck days are appropriate   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Total cluster from the get go; HR sent out conflicting and incomplete information on the interview schedule, times, dates, people. Phone screen followed by panel interview and then a promised/scheduled/rescheduled call with a general manager. Clearly, the company does not understand that HR is the first, public face to potential employees. Run the other way

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the current software development process at your current company and projects you are working on   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kyocera in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for an onsite interview. The initial interview went well and I was asked to go back for a second interview. After the second interview I received a phone call for a background check and the next week I got a job offer. The whole process took a little less than a month

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very formal interview with two of their local GMs down here in San Diego. I was asked an assortment of questions ranging from tell us about your experience to why do you want to work for us. Had a Japanese GM and a local American GM who both asked different type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your employment history, education experiences and skills?   1 Answer

Engineer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the HR Rep and a Senior Engineer. Pretty straight forward interview highlighting what's on my resume and how the company operates, the motto, what they make, and if my personality would fit in with the company.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (Concord, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The whole recruiting process is around two weeks and 3 rounds of interview.

First you will get a call from the hr to set up a meeting with entire design team. Basically they will pick a project in you portfolio and ask you to present it. it took around 1.5 hour.

Two days later you will meet with the directors and hr. it took around 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Went through the portfolio with the design team and some behavior questions with directors and hr.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 local managers first. They were more interested in that I went to top school than my experience.

Next I was interviewed by the VP of sales. He asked me just a few basic questions about the timeline of my CV.

Finally, I was interviewed by the President of Kyocera America. This guy was very impressive, going over my history with a fine toothed comb. I could really feel he truly cared about the quality of each person Kyocera was hiring - impressive for someone of his title/role (He was recently let go in a merging process of One KII).

Interview Questions

• If your interviewer is Japanese and they ask about your hobby...   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had about 5 calls and they were mostly personality questions. Not many technical questions. I am still in the process and waiting for an offer. Most of the time I had to talk about me and what was on my resume.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a 25 minute phone interview and then a week later I went in for a face to face interview with about 5 people. It would have been 6 people but one of them couldn't make it.

I was pretty excited about the face to face interview, since the phone interview went so well. But as the interview went on, I found myself thinking that I really don't want to work here. I first met with an HR rep, the same on I had the phone interview with. She gave me a low down on how the interviews were going to go down. First part was to test my excel skills and phone skills. I had an excel doc to fill out and interpret and then randomly the phone rang and I had to assist an upset customer (an employee pretending). That part was fine. Then I met with who would be my supervisor. He was nice and friendly and gave me the run down on what the job responsibilities would be. While he was talking I came to the conclusion that they are looking for one person to do jobs that 3-4 people would do.

After our conversation I met with 3 people who I would not be answering to at all but I guess they needed to be in on the interview process. While sitting with them, it was very clear that I didnt want to work there. One of them in particular kept asking me about why I previously worked 2 jobs at once, why I left a ADMIN job for media jobs if ultimately I was going to end up going back to ADMIN type jobs etc. etc. I just got this vibe that she was upset with me for following my dreams and being determined to work 2 jobs at once. The vibe was weird and a little stand-offish. I felt like I was being talked out of the position, which is probably why i felt I didnt want it, WHILE I was being interviewed. They didnt offer me the position and I'm glad. I can see why the current individual in the position is leaving after being there for 6 months.. Good luck to who replaces her.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (Concord, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was friendly, very relaxing but took more then 2 hours. Overall there were 5 different people and they were changing every 30 minutes. The same questing were asked again and again.