LCBO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LCBO Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LCBO in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a fixed term position in early October and received a call for an interview the first week of November!
    The manager that I spoke to was very nice on the phone and in person, he was one of the two people who interviewed me, it took 15 minutes tops; they were both taking turns asking me questions that were all experience related.
    I actually enjoyed answering their questions, so I kind of flew through them all, but overall it was definitely one of the best interviews I've been to.
    The interview was on a Friday, they called my references on the Monday (the manager told one of the references that I got the job lol,) and I got a call officially about the job offer by the end of that week!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used a solution to fix a problem but it didn't work out...
      I said I went on youtube to watch a DIY video and it still didn't fix the problem at had been trying to find a solution to lol.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Manager (Head Office) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LCBO.

Interview

Normal standard interview, but never got a reply on whether I got the job. Followed up a couple of times, only to find out through the grapevine that someone else got the job. Poor communication from their management team. Never heard from the again, but wouldn't want to after hearing from others who have worked for them.

Interview Questions

• Typical scenario based question - Tell me of a time that you... OR Explain a difficult situation of conflict.... Sorry, but I hate these types of questions, their HR needs to keep current and up to date.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LCBO.

Interview

Apply online and answer some basic questions about your availability and how much you can lift and also the regular questions about if you are bondable. Get a call for an interview. Sit down with 2 people and get interviewed. They should call back within 2 weeks with a job offer.

Winter Fixed Term Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LCBO (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied at the end of October, got a call for an interview at the beginning of November, and had an interview on November 3rd. I was told they will first call my employment references and -if selected for employment- notified withing the next 5-10 days. The store manager was nice, polite and smiling. She went through a series of questions provided by the LCBO for this type of position. Very very customer service oriented.

Interview Questions

• - What would you if you were handed a task beyond your capabilities?
      - Give me an example when you wanted to give up.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LCBO (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

After you apply you get a phone call to attend an interview.
    You fill out a brief questionnaire and get called into a room with about 6 tables all having 2 interviewers at each table (multiple interviews being conducted at one time).
    The two interviewers take turns reading out questions to you.
    They made me feel pretty comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were in charge of something and it didn't turn out the way it was supposed to do. Why didn't it turn out and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LCBO (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief 20min phone interview about past experience, why you want to work there, availability.
    Second in person interview 30min. Simple questions about situations, your experience and typical sakes/customer we interview questions why you want to work there?

Casual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LCBO (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

The first thing I did was apply online, then after a month and a half I had a screening over the phone. I was then asked to attend an interview where I was interviewed by two people who took turns asking me questions. The interview was easy. the people interviewing me were approachable and friendly and made sure I understood the questions. they were open to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• how would you current supervisor or boss describe you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LCBO (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was one of the best I have done. Two informal looking men asked me questions about my own work history looking for proper experience not just "buzz words". They explained the different job opportunities: full time, casual, part time and fixed term. I left the interview feeling confident that I had done well and looking forward to working for what I thought was a decent establishment. I was called about 2 weeks later and offered casual hire which quickly turned into just covering for full time staff on an hours notice after everyone ahead of me had a chance to turn down the work even though they are getting 3-4 shifts a week while I have none. If the LCBO was honest with me or simply offered me a fixed term contract I would have politely turned down the offer and found a better job.

Interview Questions

• What was the best and worst job you have had?   1 Answer

Vendor Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LCBO (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Few weeks after applying, I had a phone screening with the HR department and a week later I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and another employee

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions: what would you do if...
      What will be your 90-day plan if you are the successful candidate?
      Technical questions related to the position

Part Time Seasonal Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LCBO.

Interview

Very helpful once hired and provided all information promptly with good communication between me and the lcbo administration. Interview was comfortable. Overall a good experience compared to other companies ive interviewed with.