LCBO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.6

Fixed Summer Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LCBO (Ontario, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I came to the store, and was interviewed by two people. Went to the back lunch room. Eventually you will go to 3 days of training in their corporate office. The training is 3- 8 hour days full of reading, watching videos , role playing of situations, IDs, spotting drunk or disabled people

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly " what if" situational questions. Also a lot of " tell me a time in your life when you faced problems and had to over come them" generic like questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LCBO in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a fixed term position in early October and received a call for an interview the first week of November!
    The manager that I spoke to was very nice on the phone and in person, he was one of the two people who interviewed me, it took 15 minutes tops; they were both taking turns asking me questions that were all experience related.
    I actually enjoyed answering their questions, so I kind of flew through them all, but overall it was definitely one of the best interviews I've been to.
    The interview was on a Friday, they called my references on the Monday (the manager told one of the references that I got the job lol,) and I got a call officially about the job offer by the end of that week!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used a solution to fix a problem but it didn't work out...
      I said I went on youtube to watch a DIY video and it still didn't fix the problem at had been trying to find a solution to lol.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LCBO.

Interview

Relatively laid back. Interview with both manager and assistant. One wrote notes while the other asked questions. Not a hostile environment. They were mainly concerned if you have cashier experience and if your available for weekends and Friday.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LCBO.

Interview

Took about a week after applying to get a call back. Scheduled interview. Interview was friendly, quick, and to the point. Received a second call for a record check a week later. I will soon learn which location I will be employed at.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LCBO (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on lcbo careers website. If you don't keep following up your application will be ignored by them. I finally got a call from them after a year of applying!!

Interview Questions

• What would be one negative review your previous employer would say about you   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LCBO (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was asked to list my references and also fill out another form with availability etc. There was a man and a women that interviewed me asked about 6 questions.

Interview Questions

• what would your past manager say was your strengths and weakness are? Describe a time where another person didn't agree with your idea?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LCBO.

Interview

Phone call from a store manager expressing interest in my application and a brief conversation; set up interview. Arrive, fill out unnecessary paperwork they already have electronically, wait, then enter a large room with two desks at either end and two interviewers at each desk, plus another interviewee at the other desk...wonder why the set-up is bizarre and try to think/talk while the other interview is underway. (This odd and uncomfortable experience followed a seasonal stint for which I'd had a normal interview, in-store with a manager...one would think since I worked there they would have conducted things differently.)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LCBO (London, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got a call about a week later to schedule an interview. During the interview I was told "we recommend you get your police check. But we only tell that to candidates who have a good shot." So I paid the ~$50 for the police check, submitted it once I got it (took a couple of days), and was contacted around 2 weeks later to start my training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with an employer and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LCBO (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Did not apply to location that did the interview, interview was only based on the questions that they asked but not on any past performance or feedback from previous manager which effected any chances of getting in with the location that I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked for the LCBO before   1 Answer

Fixed Term Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LCBO (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back a month later to schedule an interview. Got interviewed by two people and it consisted of 10 questions. All 3 references were called after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would your supervisor say is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question