LRN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

3.2

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY).

Interview

In-person interviews - casual conversations
    Liked the people and the mission of the company - the people are very passionate
    Offer was incredibly low salary wise - wish recruiter had clarified at beginning of process. Made me think that the company will have a hard time attracting talent moving forward

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?
      What do you see as the biggest opportunities in organizations?
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY).

Interview

Very pleasant interviewer, Chief of Staff, seemed easygoing and was earnest with regard to this role and the challenges. It became clear that while this company is all about doing the right thing, they don't do the right thing with regard to their employees. They offer a decent salary but the hours are unreasonable. The CEO wants his assistant there from 8 am to 8 pm, no vacation policy, no work life balance. I had seen that on Glassdoor - it's all true!

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY).

Interview

Several one on one meetings with company leaders. Deep questions and conversations. Not the typical interview. It's important to know and understand the company's philosophy. Be prepared to answer questions about life purpose and your own values.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about the HOW philosophy   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It started with a panel interview, and I was then given an assignment, followed by another interview with a man that turned out to be nothing more than a cult leader. Despite all the rhetoric, Dov is nothing that he preaches. He went so far as to tell me that if I join the company, I can't have any hobbies as work should be my only focus if I'm going to do well. This was for an executive level role, not a first job, so to treat a candidate as if they're a child is a huge red flag. They went on to offer me the position, but at almost half the salary I had requested from day one. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something unethical at work.   Answer Question

Requests to drop all personal activities and then offered half the salary I requested.

Thought Leadership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Meaningful conversations with future manager and CEO. I was asked about what I knew about the company and how i saw myself contributing to its culture. We ironed out the job description and responsibilities over the phone; conversation was mostly about company's mission and future, as well as the variety of ways I could contribute. It was a very smooth interview process; conversation was largely about seeing if it was a good fit for each of us.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LRN.

Interview

Contacted for a standard phone screen within a few days of submitting an online application. Phone screen went well and had a frank and organic conversation with the recruiter from HR. After, I was sent a writing exercise to fulfill for the company - standard for a research writing job. I completed the exercise, submitted it, and was told they'd follow up with next steps. Never heard back. At this stage, I'd expect to hear back one way or the other as a courtesy (particularly after completing an intensive writing assignment).

Sales Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I spied a job opening where i thought i might be a fit and got a referral from a senior executive at firm. It took weeks for HR to get back to me. Several weeks and many follow-up calls later I was scheduled for interview with three executives. Meeting was changed twice and senior executive dropped out. When I arrived for interviews, I was told that it would be done jointly. Meeting was aimless, but upbeat and i was told that they would be back to me within 10 days.
    After six weeks of calls and email follow-up. I finally reached an assistant that told me was not under consideration for a position...
    This from an ethics and compliance company that prides itself on "Principled performance, transparency and outbehaving competition...

Interview Questions

• No intelligent or unusual questions were asked. Tell us about yourself and relationship with LRN.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, and HR phone screen interview. Phone interview with mid-level employee. In-person interviews with 3 employees one lower, one medium level, one senior level. Did not do writing exercise or interview with CEO or other group leaders. (Estimate 8-10 hours over 2-6 weeks.)

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you suggest to encourage more CEO buy-in from clients. 2. How to extend client relationships so that contracts are more profitable? 3. How would you teach (suggest new methodology) on the ethics and values-based culture to corporate clients for sustainable change in corporate business culture. 4. How would you shape the Governance Culture Leadership product offerings differently - suggest new product models?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I spoke with several members of the team I was to be joining (the professional services/implementation team). There didn't seem to be a set process. During each interview, the interviewer would say "you know who I think you should talk to...Jane/John Doe," as if no one wanted to take responsibility for actually saying yes or no to hiring me. For example, after a series of very positive interviews, another individual from the team was supposed to interview me but stopped responding to my attempts to schedule. The entire LRN team then stopped responding to my emails, including the recruiter. I consider this unprofessional in the extreme for a senior level position (or really any position).
    One thing I did take away from the process was a palpable fear of the founder, Dov Seidman. Most everyone I talked to said one had to agree with him at all times, at least to his face, or risk being fired.There was some hope the relatively recent installation of a COO would shield the people actually doing the producing from Dov, but as that had been tried before, it seemed as if there was some skepticism. I had read all the reviews on Glassdoor but was willing to let the firm stand on its own merits. Unfortunately, almost all the negative comments about LRN seemed to be manifested in the people and interview process, as well. Nice folks, but obviously a little Stockholm Syndrome going on.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and experience questions. Oddly no questions about their founder's book.   Answer Question

Marketing/Proposal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LRN.

Interview

The first two interviews went very well because they were with experienced HR/marketing people. The final interview went wrong because the interviewer was too young and inexperienced. Why he was chosen to vet anyone is a mystery. He presented himself as someone who understood the proposal process and yet when asked specific questions reacted badly saying he didn't deal with hypothetical situations (which in reality in the course of this job is far from hypothetical). He took it personally when no such slight was intended. He didn't understand my due diligence process in trying to understand what was going on by asking typical questions.

For a firm that believes in a flat structure--the interview process is far from flat. How many hoops does an experienced hire have to jump through before they actually talk to decision makers who understand the position in question? Why use millennials who don't have experience to vet far more experienced candidates who do? How does that support your culture?