LRN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2018

3.1

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at LRN (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Extended hiring process, went almost five months from first interview to job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here after your last job, which seems so much more exciting and important?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, but this was not explained to me until I nearly had my offer revoked for asking for more (was asking for $3,000 more a year).

Advisory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Honestly, why is this interview process so long? I understand the need to vet an employee to understand if they are a right fit or not, but this is excessive. Several phone interviews, writing assignments, extensively long in-person interviews, read the CEO's book....

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY).

Interview

Several one on one meetings with company leaders. Deep questions and conversations. Not the typical interview. It's important to know and understand the company's philosophy. Be prepared to answer questions about life purpose and your own values.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about the HOW philosophy   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It started with a panel interview, and I was then given an assignment, followed by another interview with a man that turned out to be nothing more than a cult leader. Despite all the rhetoric, Dov is nothing that he preaches. He went so far as to tell me that if I join the company, I can't have any hobbies as work should be my only focus if I'm going to do well. This was for an executive level role, not a first job, so to treat a candidate as if they're a child is a huge red flag. They went on to offer me the position, but at almost half the salary I had requested from day one. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something unethical at work.   Answer Question

Requests to drop all personal activities and then offered half the salary I requested.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I spoke with several members of the team I was to be joining (the professional services/implementation team). There didn't seem to be a set process. During each interview, the interviewer would say "you know who I think you should talk to...Jane/John Doe," as if no one wanted to take responsibility for actually saying yes or no to hiring me. For example, after a series of very positive interviews, another individual from the team was supposed to interview me but stopped responding to my attempts to schedule. The entire LRN team then stopped responding to my emails, including the recruiter. I consider this unprofessional in the extreme for a senior level position (or really any position).
    One thing I did take away from the process was a palpable fear of the founder, Dov Seidman. Most everyone I talked to said one had to agree with him at all times, at least to his face, or risk being fired.There was some hope the relatively recent installation of a COO would shield the people actually doing the producing from Dov, but as that had been tried before, it seemed as if there was some skepticism. I had read all the reviews on Glassdoor but was willing to let the firm stand on its own merits. Unfortunately, almost all the negative comments about LRN seemed to be manifested in the people and interview process, as well. Nice folks, but obviously a little Stockholm Syndrome going on.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and experience questions. Oddly no questions about their founder's book.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LRN (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

First a few emails with a few basic questions, then a phone conversation, invite to come in and meet with a group, a few more emails, 1:1, and another 1:1 again. There is no magic bullet to interview or the process. You have to be aligned with the culture of the organization and hence there is no preparation one can do to succeed, other than reading the book HOW.

Interview Questions

• If there was anything you could change in your life, what would that be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really glad to see that the organization is very careful in hiring people who fit the culture of the organization from the start.

Sales Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I spied a job opening where i thought i might be a fit and got a referral from a senior executive at firm. It took weeks for HR to get back to me. Several weeks and many follow-up calls later I was scheduled for interview with three executives. Meeting was changed twice and senior executive dropped out. When I arrived for interviews, I was told that it would be done jointly. Meeting was aimless, but upbeat and i was told that they would be back to me within 10 days.
    After six weeks of calls and email follow-up. I finally reached an assistant that told me was not under consideration for a position...
    This from an ethics and compliance company that prides itself on "Principled performance, transparency and outbehaving competition...

Interview Questions

• No intelligent or unusual questions were asked. Tell us about yourself and relationship with LRN.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LRN (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Lots of discussion and questions, culture was important .

Interview Questions

• Have you read HOW?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where a co worker was behaving unethically and what you did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LRN (Westwood, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

Nice, smart people interviewed me. Questions were more related to how I would fit in to the culture, rather than my technical qualifications. After I got the offer letter, I had another phone interview with more senior executive. This interview was a moral, ethical assessment. I was asked ethical questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider a successful/failed project   Answer Question
    • What would you do if the team members refuse to adhere to a process you are trying to establish?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate the salary but they were very closed.

Sound Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LRN.

Interview

very easy going extremely friendly