Laird Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Laird Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.8

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laird.

Interview

It was a very informal interview. They were nice, paid for my parking, and asked me some good questions. They also gave me a tour of the office and introduced me to everyone.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laird.

Interview

submitted a resume to the company, received an email to schedule for an interview. The day of the interview I never got the call. No explanation to why. Wasted my time by not bother to call.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Laird (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview went very well. I had a 1:1 interview with the Logistics Supervisor. The interview process took about 60 minutes for the whole process. I was taken around the warehouse and show the different types of products and materials used with this company. I was also introduced to coworkers in the area.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laird (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First HR called me and asked about the profile and pay detail. Then phone interview its simple basic electronics and asked about the resume projects ..but pray for that interview ll not come on Friday since they are running like out of gas not ready to ask or hear anything what u r saying

Interview Questions

• How to select a processor ?SDRAM?Buck and boost converter ,timing analysis,I2C and SPI interface   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holly, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laird (Holly, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring process included two phone screens, one with HR & one with Senior Engineers. On-site Interview followed quickly after that, there were a number of firmware design questions from the Group of Engineers that interviewed me, most I could answer, a few I couldn't. The rest of the interview was simply getting to know management and what development occurred at that location. My only concern is that the process may have been easy for me because of my token status.

Interview Questions

• One question I do remember, because I should have known the answer, was how do you detect a stack overflow - ie the pointer wrote past the top of the stack. You handle it the same way you would if you created your own controlled memory heap.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate - and I should have. I would suggest others to negotiate on salary.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laird (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Technical Interview, asked about solid mechanics, beams, basic design concept for fasteners, o-rings and other stuff. CAD test had to model stuff in SolidWorks, and Aptitude questions as well. Interview process gave a sense of accomplishment and reason for being selected. Rather than other interviews which go with questions that do not have definitive answers and you wonder why you din't get an offer.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Laird (Holly, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Received email from LinkedIn/Glassdoor with job on the list. I clicked it, looked right up my alley, so I applied. Was directed to their job website...create id, the usual.
    Answered a bunch of questions (nothing unusual) but could not get it to accept/submit. You MUST fill in ALL fields with N/A. Finally got it to submit. Opinion - very poor HR software.

Received call from HR person in Earth City MO. Asked a few usual questions, limited technical. Was told next step would be technical phone screen.

Email a couple of days later asking me for in person. Arranged time/date.

Was emailed an interview schedule of people/times. Started with VP. Typical upper management overview interview, explaining company and products. Professionally done.

Next was two from SW. One was out and out belligerent. Attacked everything I said, challenged every answer. Was more like an interrogation than an interview. Immediately decided this was one person I would NOT want to work with.

Next was HR person. Standard HR behavioral interview with dealing with workplace conflicts (maybe this guy is known for his problems?), accomplishments, benefits etc. Professionally done.

Project guy was next. Questioned experiences on resume. Nothing difficult. Professionally done.

HW team was next. They were looking for some specific answers which I guess I wasn't giving them regarding competence working with HW. My read was they wanted to make sure every problem wasn't automatically "a hardware bug." Professionally done.

One person on the interview schedule I never saw with no explanation.

Observations....
    Everyone was wearing jackets and sweaters. While it is November in Michigan, it was in the upper 30's. Conclusion- building HVAC has a lot to be desired.
    Facility is cramped and dirty. Floors were highly worn and looked like they hadn't seen a mop in a long time.
    Given the salary and the oxymoron of "employee benefits", you'd do better getting a job on an automobile assembly line. Better working conditions, more holidays, better medical, better everything.
    HW guys were particularly bent on not getting some finger pointing SW guy. I surmised this is a major problem.

Conclusion....
    Interview was scheduled by HQ and not properly delegated to someone locally. Very haphazardly handled. Other than the VP interview, I was rushed through everything. Promised plant tour never happened. At no time was I ever able to get in a question of my own.
    As for the SW belligerent, my take was he dumped me before he got into the room. Whether this was an EEOC problem or he was just a major sphincter, IDK nor do I care. Big shot know it all wanted to just push people around. HR needs a serious talk with that guy. I figure he's the major problem the HW guys were digging at.

After one week, sent a WTH? email. "Still interviewing." Will not bother with sending one further.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question but the amount of restraint required to not slap the SW guy.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laird.

Interview

Interview consisted of a telephone round and an on site round

Interview Questions

• I was well prepared for the interview and did not run into any impossible questions. Questions were lengthy and difficult at times but nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the amount offered and did not negotiate too much

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Laird (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

A Structured Behavioral Interview Process took place with a four leadership team members. Each asked very tough questions. Prior to that was a phone interview with a very capable staffing team member that referred me to the structured behavioral interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One best offer was extened

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laird in April 2013.

Interview

I got email from one of the software developer in the team to come for an onsite interview. The interview panel was a group of three. They first went through the details in my resume, asked few questions like whether I am familiar with Visual Studio for development, whether I am familiar with embedded technologies and all.

Interview Questions

• On white board: 1. What is your favorite data structure and how will you implement it?
      2. Reverse a string
      3. Find odd numbers from one to hundred
      4. What is multi threading and did you ever write program to handle that   Answer Question