Lanyon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lanyon Interview Questions

2.7

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lanyon (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy. Once the test is passed you are hired. You will have now say in negotiating. Previous experience does not matter. just know you will only be there for six months to a year. You will get atleast one promotion.

Operating Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lanyon.

Interview

The first step was an online analytical test. It was 50 questions in 15 min. I did not finish all of the questions, which they said was expected. The next step was a phone interview. This was a basic behavioral interview. The next step was to take the analytical quiz again, but this time while skyping with someone to make sure that it was you who took it. I took myself out of the interview process before I completed that step because I decided Lanyon was not the right place for me.

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lanyon (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Recruiter sent email expressing interest in starting interview process first I had to take a personality assessment and analytical assessment both are 50 questions. The later is timed.
    3. After I took the test, recruiter contacted me for an over the phone interview.
    4. The over the phone interview went well, recruiter said I was what they were looking for in terms of experience and I gave some of the best answers.
    5. Recruiter went over next steps, take assessment test again, interview with 4 staff members, the client, and 3 day training in January with a bonus, in addition to 70,000 salary.
    6. Scheduled Skype session for retake of assessment test.
    7. Skyped in for test, recruiter looked disappointed when she saw my black face. They explained the assessment, her Skype then stopped working as I began the test and disconnected. I attempted to re-connect with the recruiter via Skype and the recruiter did not answer.
    8. After the weekend, I got an email saying my qualifications did not match and they were moving forward with more qualified candidates.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lanyon (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The first part of the process is on line filling a personality profile, then there is a 15 min. timed test word problems, spacial puzzles, and vocabulary usage. Then a few days later; there is a skype interview and another timed test because you did well on the first one. That's as far as I got. I believe it was the skype interview that kicked me out. From what I can see they are looking for younger employees. The skype part seems to be a visual of "do you fit in".

Interview Questions

• very general. what are your strong points. what are your weak points. what do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lanyon.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to take an online assessment. This is mostly math that is solved without a calculator and a verbal portion. Then the recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. After the interview I had to take the assessment again to validate previous results. Then I went in for an in person interview. A few days later the recruiter contacted me about an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Lanyon?
      Are you comfortable traveling alone?
      Other various behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a couple thousand higher. Always ask, the worst they can do is say no!

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lanyon (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

A few days after submitting my resume and completing the personality and IQ test, I was contacted about doing a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone interview, we scheduled a time for me to retake the IQ test while the recruiter watched me via skype. They essentially want to make sure you did not have any help during your first IQ test. After the second test, I interviewed with the manager of the customer support team via skype since I live in a different city. I got an offer four days after the skype interview. Entire process took about a month.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lanyon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I took the IQ test in which you have to answer 50 questions in 20 minutes. If you passed the test, the HR will call you for a phone interview. If the phone interview goes well, then you will have to take the test again on site or via Skype. After that, I was informed to come for an interview with one senior leader, but it turned to be three. I talked with each one of them for half an hour in total. The questions were pretty basic. After two days, I received a follow up phone call from HR and asked me about my feelings of the interview. Later on, they sent me the offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lanyon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Overall, pretty simple. There is an assessment, personality and IQ, you have to take twice, once via Skype. Phone interview with the recruiter, assessment #2, and on-site interview.The assessment is pretty easy. I took the assessment first and was then contacted to set up a phone interview. After that, we had to re-take the assessment over Skype, this time just the timed, IQ portion. The recruiter's main point was the get through all 50 questions. Once that was done, he had me come in for the in-house interview. He was very helpful throughout the process and kept in touch with me throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• 3 strenghts/weaknesses; goals after graduating; why this specific opportunity/company.   Answer Question

Entry Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lanyon in May 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume. Heard back from a recruiter within a week. Had a brief phone interview, which was just just getting to know one another and briefly explaining my goals, expectations, etc. After this i was invited to take both an online personality assessment, as well as a problem-solving assessment. Both were pretty simple, although the 2nd assessment asks 50 questions in 15 minutes, so you have to be quick and make some educated guesses if you don't immediately know the answer. After completing this, I heard nothing for a month. I then got an email stating that they had pursued someone else.

Can't win them all, but some more communication would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• personality questions, how you handle stress etc   Answer Question
    • various problem solving, puzzle type questions. nothing too technical, just basic high school level math and identifying patterns etc   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lanyon (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Personality test and aptitude test online
    2. Phone interview - simple and informative, 30 minutes in length
    3 Formal interview in corporate office and retake aptitude test to make sure you didn't cheat

Interview Questions

• 3 strengths/3 weaknesses
      What do you do to unwind?
      Why did you pick your major?   Answer Question