Lastline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lastline Interview Questions

Interviews at Lastline

3.1

Network Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lastline in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online. It took about two months. I got 3 interviews and a technical challenge. The culture is pretty good. The team members are very kind and generous to share their knowledge. The company is pretty good as well but I am not the qualified candidate for working with the company.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lastline (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

1 - Phone screening
    2 - Google Hangout technical interview
    3 - On site interview (4hours)
    I was interviewed in May. The recruiter and the Engineer interviewer were very friendly! They know how to make you comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked basic javascript (ES6) questions, like promises, objects...   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lastline (Redwood City, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Met with a couple members of the executive team, had lunch with a couple members of the interview panel which made the interview feel more like a friendly conversation. One if the better interview experiences that I have been a part of.

Interview Questions

• Career-wise where do you see yourself in the next five years?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lastline (Redwood City, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone call then a Google Hangouts working session doing live tasks on Linux VMs. Both sessions went well I thought, as I breezed through all Linux tasks and made a workable first pass on a scripting challenge, but didn't get offer. Got zero feedback from recruiter and company, even though I was on a tight timeline to respond to another job offer I had. Super lame!

Interview Questions

• Change host name of Linux systems.   2 Answers
    • Install a web server and start it   1 Answer
    • What file is the default page for Apache httpd being served from?   Answer Question
    • Write an archiver script that checks whether a web page changed since the last check and save an archived copy of the page when it does.   1 Answer
    • Add the script to cron and schedule to run every hour.   1 Answer
    • What happens if a script running via cron hangs?   Answer Question
    • Where does the output from a cron job go?   1 Answer
    • How would you make a script run in the background (daemonize it?)   1 Answer

Malware Reverser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lastline in August 2017.

Interview

Great company, awesome products, and really smart people!
    Responded to my emails instantly and were flexible about the whole interview scheduling process.

Round 1 (Phone interview):
    - I was contacted by the Director.
    - I was asked about my current job and my role, interests and few technical questions about Malware Analysis.
    - Then he quickly explained about their products and asked if I have any questions. I did ask a couple of questions, and he replied very clearly.

Overall: It went well so he forwarded me to the next round.

Round 2:
    - Video Interview with 2 more smart guys.
    - Asked me if I had any questions from previous round. I said yes, asked a couple of questions again and they answered them.
    - Next was the technical part for about 54 min.

- Long story short:
      The questions were basic, and some of them were basically derived from my answers.
      I was able to answer only a few of them.

Interview Questions

• If you are a malware author - what do you consider to write your own packer.   1 Answer

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lastline in April 2017.

Interview

Process was good and bit tough.It was skype interview for 30 minutes and all general question related to cloud computing was asked.Very few linux based question was asked.The recruiter was very friendly and it went well.

Interview Questions

• How facebook and twitter works?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lastline in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by company's tech. recruiter and then went through 3 online interviews with hiring manager, team member and other team manager. Plus 4 hrs offline coding challenge. Not especially difficult interview.
    Did not get an offer, however liked the process and interviewers - all adequate and friendly. I especially liked them for not using ridiculous data structure, algorithm and quizzes 'whiiteboarding'.

Interview Questions

• 1. A lot of tech questions: C++, networking, security, mutithreading and synchronization, as well as some design discussions (web services etc.).
      2. The challenge was about to complete existing service project with implementation and tests   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lastline (Santa Barbara, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Met with several members of the team on site. Also had several phone screens prior to that. Trying to get a sense of good cultural fit and intelligence. As a small company, they can and do move fairly quickly at Lastline. Very attentive and happy to answer all of my questions as well.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lastline (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

The selection process involves 4 stages: the first is a screening interview with HR, then there are two more technical interviews: the first is just at a high-level, the second one goes a bit deeper into the technical expertise required for the position. The last stage is a coding challenge at the end of which there is another interview in which you go through your code and explain your choices.
    All the interviews were very kind and easy-going, and they do help you if you are in trouble. It was definitely a nice experience.

All interviews can be done remotely.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lastline (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

After a one hour phone interview with the recruter I've been invited to take a tech challenge.
    The challenge was a CTF style test.
    I've spent time and I made an effort to complete all the test, I've found 6 out of 8 flags and I've completed all the requests.
    Three days after submitting the test, I've received a really basic and sterile email:

"After closer examination of your application for the position of Technical Support Engineer, we've decided not to progress with your candidacy on this occasion. We encourage you to stay connected with us and should other positions become available that you feel would be a good match for your skillset please don't hesitate to apply."

I've sent two email requesting feedbacks about my perforamnce and explanations about my failure, even to have the solutions of the challenge but NOTHING.

I've found this really unprofessional, disrespectful and not serious at all.