LaunchSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LaunchSource Interview Questions

Interviews at LaunchSource

3.1

BDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LaunchSource in September 2019.

Interview

Phone Screen. 30mins long. Not too many questions. After they screen you, they give you a lot of information on how to prepare for interviews and they invite you to the combine day.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LaunchSource.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and then a recruiter reached out. He suggested an alternative position better suited with my background. During the call, the recruiter was friendly but it was unclear if they were selling their own service or recruiting for a position within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LaunchSource (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

There are a few steps to the interview process. First is a short phone interview, where they try to get to know you and then a skype interview. In the skype interview you are asked to record a short 30 second video where you introduce yourself and answer a couple of questions that you first go over with the interviewer prior to recording.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LaunchSource (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

started off with a an initial phone interview, then you get called in to record a video statement, attend a presentation of what launchsource is about, in person interview, and you read an article and write a summary of what you read. After, you are notified if you got into the program or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LaunchSource (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions. First there was a phone interview and then a Skype interview with you ended by creating a 90 second video where you responded to prompted questions from the interviewer. This video is then used to serve an an introductory video to companies that partner with LaunchSource.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your sales experience and what you were looking to get out of a job in sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LaunchSource (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

easy interview processes, regardless if you get an offer or not they give you some very helpful tips to get a job in the future. very friendly group of individuals,.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LaunchSource (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

There was none. The guys who called me were extremely rude. They got mad at me because I couldn't make time to speak with them and told me I was wasting their time. When we did finally speak, I told them I didn't read the article they sent because I am very busy with my current position, and he told me to "call back when I am interested in taking this seriously". You guys can go to hell

Interview Questions

• Did you read the article we sent you?   1 Answer

LaunchSource Response

Aug 8, 2016 – Marketing Lead

Hi, thanks for taking the time to write a review.
    The reason we ask all candidates to read the very short article is so that we have something to discuss on the phone interview. The article is about the position you applied for and helps us understand your knowledge and interest in the role.
    We ask that candidates are prepared for the phone interview and can commit to the 15-20 minute time slot for the phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LaunchSource (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Went to a LaunchSource career combine on July 22nd. The combine is an opportunity for young job seekers to meet employers in a "Shark Tank" style atmosphere. The prospective employer companies introduce themselves, give a quick pitch about why working there is great, then each candidate gets a 5 minute interview with the company reps over the course of the combine. From there, you're contacted if you're selected to move onto an in-person interview with any of the companies. Pretty cool process.

The LauchSource guys themselves were all extremely friendly, professional, and very knowledgable. The atmosphere of the combine is not competitive- these are guys who are there to help set you up with a great job. I would highly recommend a LaunchSource combine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not take the advice of someone that you truly respected. What was the situation, why didn't you take the advice, what happened as a result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LaunchSource (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I attended the combine interview on July 22. I was able to interview with two different companies and I appreciated getting some one-on-one time with each company. I wish there had been more than two companies represented there but it was still a good experience. I liked that it wasn't a group interview because it did not feel pressure-filled or competitive. Definitely do you research before going to the event.

I was actually offered a job from one of the companies there, after the event, and the training process that follows is definitely time-consuming but worth it in the end. I am grateful that I went and did the training.

If you are looking to work specifically in entry-level sales, in upstart tech companies, in the Boston area, this is the way to go. If you are not looking for this specific role than applying to this company is not worth your time.

Interview Questions

• Define success. Define failure. What was the last book you read. Why sales, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LaunchSource (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

First had a phone interview - asked typical questions about your experience and career aspirations, make sure you're a qualified candidate.

Next, got called down for a group interview with about 15 other people. Did a variety of exercises meant to mimic SDR roles.

Finally, you interview with companies that are interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Gave you a sales scenario and asked you to sell a meeting for a hypothetical salesperson.   1 Answer