Lear Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Southfield, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Met with and spoke with multiple members of the team I was joining. The interviews were smooth and helpful to the scope of the position. The process took three weeks during which I interviewed with different team members each time.

Interview Questions

• The majority of questions were experience and knowledge based on the industry.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Detroit, MI) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got called shortly and had a phone interview, weeks later i had a site interview inDetroit, MI. It was really laid back. I was supposed to be interviewed by 4 people but only got interview by 2, nothing really difficult , all questions came from what i had on my resume

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (East Lansing, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I went to the Engineering Expo at Michigan State University and talked with Lear there where I was able to schedule a phone interview that next day. I also utilized a connection with a corporate executive in order to help further my chances of receiving the internship (Note: having a connection here is extremely useful, most interns have one, HOWEVER, do not treat the interview like you already have the job, they will pick up on it and that will kill your chances.)

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the exact question, however, it was your typical standard interview question of "What skills have you acquired while at school and how would you use them here."   1 Answer
    • Do you plan on seeking full time employment at Lear Corp? (Note: not the exact question, but basically what they asked.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Got referred through a friend, received a phone call a few days later about the position and my interest in it. Talked for a few minutes about the kind of work I would be doing, why I was interested in the position, my past work experience, etc. Basic, conversational phone interview. Very easy process and I received the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to the internship online, then about three weeks later they hired me for the position. They sent an offer email for the job. I responded back immediately that I'd love to work for them. An employee from HR contacted me via email and phone within that week to start the hiring paperwork. It's been a wonderful opportunity and I'm so sad that my internship is going to end soon. It's been a great almost four months. I wish they'd let me work for them forever. The employees are extremely kind and helpful. I love the work that I get to do for them. I've learned a lot too! It's been such a pleasure to work for a fantastic company like Lear. Highly recommended!

Interview Questions

• I wasn't interviewed. I was hired via email first, then someone from HR contacted me within that week I accepted the offer to start the paperwork.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Southgate, MI).

Interview

Very friendly, more like an introduction. She showed me around both parts of the company and introduced me to everyone in the marketing department. I think that this will be a great company to work for and I am very excited to start my internship!

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Southfield, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview was very precise and specific to the roles and responsibilities required to perform the job. Questions were well thought of and description of job very detailed. Expectations were clear.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest skillset / asset as it applies to the position you are interviewing for?   1 Answer

Material Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Taylor, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process is good and well managed. Interviewer was easy to talk to and well engaged into the conversation. Also made you fell very welcome and excited to apply for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lear Corporation.

Interview

Emailed by a recruiting company about the job. I interviewed for it and got the job offer the same day. Interviewed with the Engineering and Maintenance Manager and HR Manager. Asked about my experience in a similar role, talked about the company etc (1 hour or so)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a M/R or electrician declines to do the work you've asked?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is the rate per hour - not negotiable

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lear Corporation in April 2016.

Interview

An hour interview with Management. Very horrible follow-up. When an applicant gives you their time, at least have the professionalism to let them know the outcome. Looking at the types of individuals running their Accounting Department, this was understandable.

Interview Questions

• Not many personal questions about your abilities. Mostly just an interview in which they describe their department. Their interviewing skills were severely lacking.   Answer Question