Lear Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lear Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lear Corporation.

Interview

Very quick, efficient. Heard back at all stages extremely quickly. I had an interviewer at the end of the day and they seemed so down and disinterested, I wanted to talk about my experience / why i wanted the job and would be a good fit and they only wanted to talk about what they were going to do that weekend.

Dimensional Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Southfield, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

A relaxed conventional interview process with a Manager and perspective supervisor. We went over common tasks in the position and discussed my experience. Thankfully not a behavioral S.T.A.R.S. type of process

Interview Questions

• What is my familiarity with Model Based Engineering   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (East Lansing, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I went to the Engineering Expo at Michigan State University and talked with Lear there where I was able to schedule a phone interview that next day. I also utilized a connection with a corporate executive in order to help further my chances of receiving the internship (Note: having a connection here is extremely useful, most interns have one, HOWEVER, do not treat the interview like you already have the job, they will pick up on it and that will kill your chances.)

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the exact question, however, it was your typical standard interview question of "What skills have you acquired while at school and how would you use them here."   1 Answer
    • Do you plan on seeking full time employment at Lear Corp? (Note: not the exact question, but basically what they asked.)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to the internship online, then about three weeks later they hired me for the position. They sent an offer email for the job. I responded back immediately that I'd love to work for them. An employee from HR contacted me via email and phone within that week to start the hiring paperwork. It's been a wonderful opportunity and I'm so sad that my internship is going to end soon. It's been a great almost four months. I wish they'd let me work for them forever. The employees are extremely kind and helpful. I love the work that I get to do for them. I've learned a lot too! It's been such a pleasure to work for a fantastic company like Lear. Highly recommended!

Interview Questions

• I wasn't interviewed. I was hired via email first, then someone from HR contacted me within that week I accepted the offer to start the paperwork.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lear Corporation in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Lear during campus interviews at my university. The interview was fairly concise and straight to the point. The questions were not meant to trick you. interviewers were friendly and open to answering any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a team and you weren't the leader.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lear Corporation.

Interview

Got an email from the team manager, did a phone interview, then an in person with the manager and one team member, then did a second in person with the entire team. During the second in person, the manager had me meet with the division manager. He told me at the time of the interview that I was the top choice, and I should expect an offer soon. Team manager said the same thing, and when I left that day she said I could expect to hear from her 'very soon.'
    Well, 8 weeks later and I've heard nothing, and the manager has ignored all of my attempts (email and phone, about three attempts total) to get a hold of her. No one has called or emailed or followed through in any way.

Lear HR, if you're reading this- If I'm not right for the job, that's fine. I accept that. But to put me through a total of 4 interviews, tell me I have the job, and then ignore me...that's unacceptable. This was a salaried, managerial position. I am highly disappointed in your actions as a company. This isn't the way to get good talent.

Interview Questions

• When can you come in to fill out paperwork?   1 Answer

Southfield, MI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Southfield, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were absolutely fantastic; I had a great feeling about the whole management - very welcoming, cool environment, like a friendly discussion! It will be a great opportunity for me if I get hired.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lear Corporation.

Interview

It was a quick and friendly process for scheduling the interviews; There were two rounds of interviews. The first round was more of an informal meeting and the second round was a series of more detailed interviews. The interviewers were willing to give feedback on the spot about fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are you not good at? How did you hear about this position? Tell me more about your experience as it relates to this job?   Answer Question

Assistant Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Three rounds, average interview questions, lengthy process. The first interview is with the hiring manager, the next is with the plant manager (if applicable) and finally round 3 is with the Sr. level managers at the corporate office. There were no surprises in terms of interview questions. I felt very comfortable during all the interviews because the people I was interviewing with were very warm and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go through my resume, providing details on what I did and how those tasks related to the position being offered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer, I counter offered with a reasonable increase and defended the counter by showing how my offer was more in line with the market. They accepted. Negotiating salary is never a pleasant experience but if you feel the offer isn't representative, it's best to counter if you feel it's appropriate. They're not going to rescind the offer, the worst they'll do is say they can't meet it. Then you can determine whether the job is worth the lower pay because of other benefits, or that it isn't and keep looking!

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lear Corporation (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Phone Screen, Phone Interview, On-Site Interview

At first the process was slow, but then it went quickly towards the end. Because it was summer, many people were traveling which made scheduling difficult. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Being proactive and showing genuine interest (including research) in the company were both helpful.

Interview Questions

• In the phone screen, they asked about strengths and interests.   Answer Question